My husband is married to an idiot!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Russty Cat

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I really do feel sorry for the guy. Ten years ago he hooked up with me. Boy was he gonna regret that move. Why am i such an idiot? Oh just the fact that I didn't realize for the last 10 years what an amazing person I was married to. Have I appreciate him? Not enough. Have I shown him the love and respect he has shown me? Not at all.

Long story short we almost got divorced earlier this year. During that whole time he said he would still support me financially if we divorced as well as allow our kids to live with me, even though I could not support them and he would still be paying for everything. He even offered to get me my own apartment. He never once told me that I was being a jerk or disrespectful to him. I had to hear second hand from my SIL that he was very upset and wondered what had he ever done wrong. Nothing really. I'm just a flippin moron that needs to get my head out of my ass.

I have begun falling in love with him all over again and funny thing is he isn't doing anything different. he is just being the incredible guy that he is. And I'm thanking my lucky stars that I didn't totally fuck this up. Cuz man just recently I had an opprotunity to think about what life would be like without him and it sure wouldn't be anything I'd like to experience soon.

I seriously think a good karmiac ass kicking will be coming my way in the future. And my boy deserves to win the good karma lottery for putting up with a bitch like me for so long. :bow:

Ever thought of taking him out for dinner, telling him you that you totally love him etc.?

If he´s such a good person and if he deserves it, you should arrange a nice setting to tell him what you´ve told us here.

you should make sure he knows how you feel and plan a special night for just the two of you. Or at least after the kiddies are asleep :sexywink: (and not just one night, but you know what I mean :wink: )

and I can relate to being bitchy to the significant other :shifty: :reject:

:hug: Im happy that you discovered all of this before it was too late. Like HipHop said find a nice setting and tell him just how you feel and much you appreciate him. Believe a lot of us can admit to the unfair treatment sometimes towards a significant other. I know I can :reject:

Rediscovering someone is the best way to fall in love again.......

Keep working at it, I'm glad things worked out for you, we all do horrible things now and then. I've been married 15years I know.:wink:

Aw russty :hug:

I don't think you're in for any "karmic ass kicking", I think self-awareness like you've displayed here is very healthy and admirable.

Best of luck to you in your marriage, sounds like you're well on your way to a great one :)

Thanks you guys. It is nice to know I'm not the only one who hasn't appreciated someone special and important in our lives. :hug:

I'm definetly letting him know often and in many ways that I love him. In a way I can't help myself. When I'm near him I just want to hug him or tell him that I love him. It feels so good to know that I'm loved I want him to feel that way too. :love: :heart:

Russty, keep up the good vibes! :cool: Sounds like life is getting good. :)

Wow Rusty....great story, you should be very proud of yourself for your growth and maturity! I am sure your relationship will be very strong now, and just think what this will teach your children! Best of luck to you! :hug:

Thanks guys. :D I'm taking steps to make sure that our marriage just gets stronger and stronger. I went and surprised him at work today and took him out to lunch. He was really surprised and it was nice for my youngest to get to see him during the middle of the day as well.

I wish I would have realized years ago what I was missing out, but without all the stuff we went thru I might not appreciate him as much. :heart:

Russty Cat said:
Thanks guys. :D I'm taking steps to make sure that our marriage just gets stronger and stronger. I went and surprised him at work today and took him out to lunch. He was really surprised and it was nice for my youngest to get to see him during the middle of the day as well.

I wish I would have realized years ago what I was missing out, but without all the stuff we went thru I might not appreciate him as much. :heart:

:heart:

Thats great Russty, I am so happy for the both of you:cute:

Russty Cat said:

Don't be so hard on yourself! It sounds like kids came along,thats all, it happens,you get tired/exhasuted! You've been to the circus and you saw the strings!The magic was gone for a little while but through self-exploration, it sounds like you found yourself again! I went through exactly the same thing not long ago! And if you truly believe in karma, it did come your way! Its called guilt and it will eat you up if you let it control everything you do! Relax he loves you, enjoy the circus!

Back
Top Bottom