My husband has been missing since Sunday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
Yep, he's off work until next Monday and Sunday he got on the computer, checked his mail, and said if he wasn't there when I got home from Food Lion he wasn't coming back. Well at the time I thought it just meant that he was going to spend the night with dude he knows, he's done that before. Well here it is Thursday and he hasn't shown or called. He isn't one to care or call so that's not unusual but it is weird that he is gone so long with no explaination. I feel the way about him I did my tomcat who disappeared, the first night I thought, oh well he's done this before, he'll be back tommorrow for dinner, but as the days passed I got worried that something terrible had befallen him. I looked and called around but he was never seen again.
frown.gif

I wonder if he is just being an inconsiderate jerk (which is possible) and he will show up? But where is he? He only had $80 with him and nothing is missing from the bank, how far could he go? The cops haven't called so I guess he's not dead or in jail. He is a drinker though. I really don't want to report him missing and get on the news and be embarrassed, but I might have to if he never shows when it's time for work.

What would you do?
rolleyes.gif

One more thing- he was only wearing the clothes on his back. Could he have run off with some girl from the internet or got tricked by a murderer or something? All kinds of things are going through my mind. He could just be chillin' at somebody's house (though I cannot image anyone letting him freeload so long) or it could be more sinister. That's why I posted to see what someone else might think.

------------------
"Walk On, stay safe tonight"

[This message has been edited by U2Kitten (edited 01-10-2002).]

Oh man.... no offense but if this is a true story, why are you with him???

You seem like a really cool person that deserves more than that!! Personally, I would not be as calm as you.. I would be tellin fools off and throwing shit.

eek.

As for what you should do, pack up all his stuff and throw it on the front porch!

Oh Miche,

I can't believe you kept this quiet all this time but I should have sensed it and I'm sorry I didn't pick up on it.

I know there is alot going on in your head right now but know this,

If he has not thought to pick up the phone, and if he doesn?t do it for you, he should do it for the children, then he isn?t worth the 25 cents it would cost for the call.

I know it?s easier said than done but girl, you are so much better than that. Be strong. Have faith. Because if it was meant to be than it will be, and if not, then you are better off without it.

It?s hard especially with kids, and can?t imagine having to be in your shoes but if you want to talk I?m here just an email away.

luv ya girl ((((BIGGG HUGSSSS)))) for M

Originally posted by Sicy:
Oh man.... no offense but if this is a true story, why are you with him???

I have to agree. You say he does this on occasion- disappear for a few days. That's far from acceptible behvaiour when you are married. Anyway, what do I know.

Does he have emotional problems? Was he depressed? I think perhaps that you should put pride and any thoughts of embarrassment aside and go to the police.

[This message has been edited by Angel (edited 01-10-2002).]

Originally posted by Angel:

Does he have emotional problems? Was he depressed? I think perhaps that you should put pride and any thoughts of embarrassment aside and go to the police.

i agree. even though it sounds like he does this sometimes, you don't want to take any chances. i'm really sorry, u2kitten. and i agree with icelady - he is truly unworthy. be strong and God bless.

If you're sure he left out of his own free will and it wasn't any, say, loansharks who took him... I too think you should leave him. An irresponsible guy couldn't be a good father... I guess other people would handle it differently; I'm not sure how it is in your culture with things like this.

foray

If a guy treats you like that...you deserve way better. You are a sweetheart.

I'm always here, if you need to talk...really...I'm ALWAYS here...*lol*
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

U2Kitten,

eek... this is a truly insane situation!

speaking as someone who truly cares (yep even though you are anonymous to me)...

please don't let yourself be neglected like this. I suggest you seek out answers as soon as possible. Judging by the remark he made, my assumption is that he ran off some place... do as Sicy said and throw his stuff to the curb.

But above all take care of yourself, and do this first of all by realizing you deserve much better.

U2Kitten, I dont know you from a bar of soap, but do know that you seem like a wonderful person, and therefore, agree with everyone about you taking charge and being good to yourself and leaving him once and for all etc.

All this background aside, and despite the behind the scenes issues you have, please go call the police. I say this for 2 reasons, one is your kiddies. Find out for their sake. And also yours. He may be a pig, but you are obviously tearing yourself up over this. Its natural. He may be everything bad under the sun, but you aren't, and you are worrying. Please put your mind at ease and get help to locate him. Then deal with the pathetic way he treats you.
I hope you find him. Dont worry about looking stupid or anything like that. Put your mind at ease. You deserve it and owe it to yourself.
Good luck! And if you dont mind, please let us know what happens? Even though we are anomymous, doesn't mean we dont care.
smile.gif

Oh my gosh, this sounds kind of scary in a lot of ways. I hope you're ok. I think you should get some advice on this situation from someone other than a bunch of anonymous (though friendly and concerned) people on the Net...

------------------
Your seven worlds collide
Whenever I am by your side
Dust from a distant sun
Will shower over everyone

-Crowded House

Oh the irony- just when I had given him up, not long after I posted this, he walked back in- and got on the computer. He was still wearing the clothes he had on when he left and said he had been 'at someone's house' but would not say where or why, or why he could not have called, even from a gas station pay phone if he didn't want me to see his location on the caller id. He wasn't mean, but he was weird and mysterious. He left again yesterday evening and did not come home last night. I know all you girls are right, I need to get rid of him. Even his own Mama said I should put his crap out on the sidewalk!

*Sniff* I don't know what to say. I cannot find the words to express how much I appreciate your kind words and caring. THANK YOU. I means so much to me.

(((((((GROUP HUG)))))))))))))

------------------
"Walk On, stay safe tonight"

Many of you know that I never really use any offensive language on the board...But..

U2Kitten..SHOW YOUR HUSBAND THIS:

LISTEN YOU FUCKING BASTARD, YOU'VE GOT A GREAT WIFE THAT WORRIES ABOUT YOU WHEN YOU PULL THIS SHIT ON HER. WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU TO PUT HER THROUGH THIS? ARE YOU SOME KIND OF GOD THAT SHOULD BE WORSHIPPED WHEN YOU WALK INTO THE HOUSE? YOU ARE A SACK OF CRAP, AND I HOPE SHE LEAVES YOUR SORRY ASS AND BURNS YOUR STUFF ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD.

(((((U2Kitten))))

So sorry you've been going through this, but at least you don't have to worry now that something terrible had happened to him.

I wish you the very best with whatever decisions you have to make.

------------------
Your seven worlds collide
Whenever I am by your side
Dust from a distant sun
Will shower over everyone

-Crowded House

[This message has been edited by scatteroflight (edited 01-11-2002).]

(((hugs)))
frown.gif
frown.gif

He sucks.
icon28.gif
I agree with every single word bonovista said in her posts. Good luck, take care.
smile.gif

*hugeth*

I'm so sorry
frown.gif
Hang in there
smile.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~
LOVE me, give me SOUL

"What's good enough for Bono is good enough for me" ~Smooth Criminal

I know I don't know you either, but you do seem like a wonderful girl! You're worried that something bad will happen to him? MAKE something bad happen to him: make him lose the best thing he'll ever have...you. If this is indeed typical for him, he needs to learn how to respect his woman, and he's not learning very quickly.

Change your locks!

------------------
"Love is a verb..."
enterangell@cs.com

I know I'm coming to this really late, but I just wanted you to know that I agree with every word everyone has said here, and that I am thinking about you and supporting you 100%.

I can't understand how/why you have put up with crap like this for so long, and you shouldn't for ONE MORE SECOND. He is not a cat, he is a husband, and if he can't act like one, OUT HE MUST GO!!!!!!!!!! Maybe that will teach him to get his act together. If not, you are definitely better off.

Hrm...sounds like your husband may possibly maybe be in deep shit with a criminal entity. Hence all the secrets and disappearing for long periods of time.

Either way, you shouldn't have to put up with it.

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

Back
Top Bottom