My hair...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aine_hewson

Acrobat
Yesterday I dyed my hair orange... not all of it.. just part of it.. like.. its all mixed now..
And this morning I went to school, and the principal didn't let me in !!! He said the color of my hair wasn't the right one to enter in the school...
Gosh!!!

In a school here they threw a boy out for having blue hair. They claim that 'unnatural' looking hair colors and styles are disruptive in the classroom. :sigh: He tried to fight it, I don't know what happened.

Don't schools have more important things to worry about? My stepson at one point had a different hair color and style every other week...blue, green, pink, purple, long, short, shaved, mohawk...its JUST hair! I don't even think its shocking anymore so I don't understand the big deal.

Clean cut, cookie cutter kids scare me more than kids with colored hair :yikes: :laugh:

In our school the boys weren't allowed facial hair. Our year head used to have razors in his room and if anyone came in who wasn't clean shaven they used to have to shave or go home. :slant: They also weren't allowed long hair or hair shorter than a certain length, if it was too long they had to have it tied back. Nobody was allowed to dye their hair outrageous colours either. After St. Patricks day a load of people were sent home for having green hair. :lol: The girls werent allowed to wear obvious make up or nail varnish and our skirts had to be a certain length. We had one teacher who used to line us up and measure the length of the skirts with a ruler. :crack:

Strict Catholic Grammar Schools :down:

Lara Mullen said:
In our school the boys weren't allowed facial hair. Our year head used to have razors in his room and if anyone came in who wasn't clean shaven they used to have to shave or go home. :slant: They also weren't allowed long hair or hair shorter than a certain length, if it was too long they had to have it tied back. Nobody was allowed to dye their hair outrageous colours either. After St. Patricks day a load of people were sent home for having green hair. :lol: The girls werent allowed to wear obvious make up or nail varnish and our skirts had to be a certain length. We had one teacher who used to line us up and measure the length of the skirts with a ruler. :crack:

Strict Catholic Grammar Schools :down:

:shocked:

I was waiting for you to say that the Devil was also a teacher there or something cause that seems to be hell. :ohmy:

I think all Grammar schools here are like that. We had awful blue blazers and we had to wear them coming to and from school, we also weren't alllowed to have the top button on our shirts open. On my last day of school I got shouted at by a teacher for setting a bad example to the junior members of the school because my top button had dropped off and I hadn't sewn one on again. :tsk: Thats why I think I was so lazy in my 6th years, I regretted staying at school for the last 2 years and I hated being watched during my breaks from classes and told what to do even though I was 18, they treated us like we were still 12. In secondary schools the rules are less strict though,a lot of them allow the girls to wear trousers and fleeces instead of blazers. They are also allowed to wear coats to school on top of their blazers if they do have to wear one.

Last edited:
This thread is like a trip down memory lane. :lol: Your school sounds just like mine, Lara. We had all kinds of crazy uniform rules, like having to have your shirt tucked into your skirt and your socks pulled up to your knees, and you weren't allowed any makeup (they even tried to say that lipgloss was makeup once :madspit: ) and any hair bobbles/hair bands had to be either black or grey. :rolleyes: And we had delightful grey blazers, or grey school coats to wear in winter. When I first went to that school we had to wear a school hat (a straw hat in summer :yikes: and a grey wool hat in winter) but luckily they got rid of that quite quickly!

School was so fun, lol.

Oh we had to have the shirts tucked in too. There is a prep school near my house and they all have to wear little hats there and they have brown satchels!!!! :lol: We didn't have school coats. :up: My sisters school has them they are a blue/ green colour and knee length. There are some schools here that have ankle length skirts for the girls :yuck:

BrazilianFly, Yup I got it, and I've answered it already, and it's Marista Champagnat school, in the campus of PUCRS...

I guess they're pulling my leg, I didn't go to school last friday because I was sick, and you gotta hand in a paper so you can do a exam or a paper you lost at the day you weren't there, and they didn't accept mine, they're totally pulling my leg!!! grrr

aine_hewson said:
BrazilianFly, Yup I got it, and I've answered it already, and it's Marista Champagnat school, in the campus of PUCRS...

I guess they're pulling my leg, I didn't go to school last friday because I was sick, and you gotta hand in a paper so you can do a exam or a paper you lost at the day you weren't there, and they didn't accept mine, they're totally pulling my leg!!! grrr

Oh my God, I study at the PUCRS Campus!! Your school is inside my college. :lol: I've been there a few times. We should totally meet! :) And my mom is working for Champagnat right now as an intern (she's studying psycology). I'm sorry about you loosing your exams though, I did not know that Champagnat was so strict! :down:

Last edited:
When I was in middle/high school (80's) they really didn't seem to care what you wore as long as you were not showing too much. About the only thing they ever complained about was t-shirts that advertised beer or in some way suggested sex. I've heard the school I went to is now harder on kids than it was back then!

Back
Top Bottom