My Grandma

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Liesje

Blue Crack Addict
....would appreciate thoughts and prayers. She just had surgery this morning for the gazillionth time. They inserted a metal rod in her neck to stabilize her deteriorating spine. She will have limited movement of her head for the rest of her life, but will no longer be in constant pain from the slipped vertibrae and cartilege damage there or have to worry about her head being jerked suddenly thus paralyzing or killing her instantly. She has sever rheumatoid arthritis and this surgery is one of many, including multiple knee replacements, wrist replacement, hip replacement, and 15 finger joint replacements. She also has skin cancer and because she has to take steriods, anytime she has simple things like injections or blood pressure taken, she has huge bloody welts and bruises for weeks b/c her skin is like tissue paper. But you'll NEVER hear her complain. The last thing she said was "Now nobody needs to worry about me b/c I'm going to be just fine". :up:

Thanks guys. My mom said the surgery went well, but now Grandma has three weeks in the hospital and lots of rehab.

Your granny sounds like a trooper! And more power to her, I say! Tell her she's got a whole bunch of people from all over the world thinking about her:hug:

Back
Top Bottom