my grandfather is fucked in the head

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheBrush

War Child
okay heres the rundown.

i recently moved in with my gramps to be closer to work. it has been a difficult transition moving out of my home and into the attic hear. i also moved in to keep him company since his wife passed away about 4 months before i moved in. he is a nice guy and all. but strange very strange.

its best to describe him as a combination as jack nicholsons character from as good as it gets and mel gibsons character from conspiracy theorey.

hes very anal and set in his ways. he labels everything and says things to me that are very odd. i mean he literarly labels things with masking tape. like food and shit. he writes a day of the week on every bannana he buys and for what day to eat it.

I am somewhat tolerant and shrug alot of it off. However i do admit it is full watching him get pissed off.(i know im such an asshole).

what weird things does he say to me. On cnn they were taking about border control. that the bush administration was cracking down on illegal imigrants.

Gramps spouts out "they should close off the border completely....... and if they catch a mexican over here they should ship his ass to europe"(i thought all my lovely european blue crack addicts would like to here this.)

what worse he talked about writing a letter to the president. so now i would have to worry about big brother taking him during the night.

I am 22 and i was thinking about getting my ears pierced and casually told him. his response..only faggots do that. nice right. Any girl i bring over he assumes were dating and refers to them as my girlfriend. he says something to me and i usually hit him with something like "nah gramps were just having a good time" and give him a wink.

Okay heres another one when someone calls the house and he doesnt recognize the number he writes it down and doesnt answer the phone. he has a drawer full of numbers.

i could go on....but i think you all get the drift. dont really know why im postin this. just something to do i guess. i dont want to give the impression that hes an asshole or that i dont love the guy. i do very much.

actually since he started labeling everything(he did it before she died so it isnt really from the grieving process, it may have just enhanced it a bit) but anyhoo, i started labeling shit just to show him how fucked in the head he was.

I.......

-filled the sink with water and labeled a post-it note "water" and put it in the sink.LOL

-I labeled one of his bannanas thursday just as he does........but i labeled it thursday, february 7th 2034.

73, and probably in better physical shape than most of us. i was not offended i find that shit funny. this shit is just the tip of the ice berg. in his front yard. in the flower bed he has a couple of trophy tops. thats right like a little guy fuckin' bowling and shit like that. only at night do i bring friends over.

he is the face of evil............the devil sent him from hell to destroy me.

Does he have a mental problem? Hang on - that was a bloody stupid question really (but hey, it's 4am here). Either that or he's worryingly eccentric to the point of no return.

I hope you don't mind me sharing my family lunatic info with you, in return! :)

Everyone in my family is a bit loopy - but in an amusing, not scary , kind of way. Apart from one of my elder brothers. He's 37 now, he went through a lot of crap as a kid. He disappeared for 7 years and finally turned up in 1998, at random, which gave us all a shock to say the least.

He's a lot more sane now, but back then, he scared the shit out of me. Remember Psycho's Norman Bates?

One weekend when my brother stayed over, I was getting ready for work, when I heard my mum - her voice, clear as a bell. I went to talk to her. It wasn't my mum though - it was my brother. I wouldn't have believed it if it wasn't for the fact that MUM WASNT THERE!

Another time my brother was there, my younger sister had gone out with some friends. Mum and I were sat in the living room and we both heard my sister's voice. We just looked at each other and Mum asked me if I'd heard it. Scarily enough, I had. :huh:

I'm so glad he's better now - it was terrifying stuff. Okay so he wasn't an axe-wielding maniac... but he did cut part of my cat's tail off, and was fucking scary:mad: :mad:

One weekend when my brother stayed over, I was getting ready for work, when I heard my mum - DEFINITELY her voice. I went to talk to her. It wasn't my mum though - it was my brother.

Another time my brother was there, my younger sister had gone out with some friends. Mum and I were sat in the living room and we both heard my sister's voice. We just looked at each other and Mum asked me if I'd heard it. Scarily enough, I had. :huh:

Last edited:
Re: Re: my grandfather is fucked in the head

Muggsy said:
:ohmy:

well at least he is not like Jack Nicholson's caracther from "The shinning" :shrug:

actually he is he writes over everything. and didnt jack nicholson die in that movie............................JUST KIDDING i would never want that. what i do for the sake of humor

Numb1075 said:
disappearing for 7 years?!:ohmy:

and then returning? That is crazy:huh:

Yeah. We lost touch with him while we were living in the States - we used to phone him every weekend and then all of a sudden, he stopped calling. When we phoned him, he'd answer the phone sometimes, but wouldn't say anything. :huh: He just reappeared out of the blue 7 years later! :ohmy:

Oh, from your original post, I thought that perhaps he was stolen/kidnapped - perhaps I read too much into it.

old people often have either way too many, or far too few reasons for what they do......

I don't know what I should say, but I'm a Beatles mood right now.

"Let if be",

or maybe, just "Imagine"

You can't seriously believe gramps is fucked in the head, or do you? I think you just let the old guy do his time, let him mark his stuff and play in the garden, honestly, is he really bothering you?

He'd be much happier and better off if his mate were still here, but there's nothing you can do about that...sounds like you outta get him out to a community center once in a while so he can play with his own kind...see to it that he stays busy...I'm sure that you'd miss him if he were gone so why not make his latter years peaceful, fun and enlightening...be the best grandson you can, one day, you too will be old and labeling things like a tub full of water! And besides, I'll be the rent is pretty good where you're at...just make sure he's in bed sound asleep before bring your friends over! good luck.

Mr. BAW said:
You can't seriously believe gramps is fucked in the head, or do you? I think you just let the old guy do his time, let him mark his stuff and play in the garden, honestly, is he really bothering you?

He'd be much happier and better off if his mate were still here, but there's nothing you can do about that...sounds like you outta get him out to a community center once in a while so he can play with his own kind...see to it that he stays busy...I'm sure that you'd miss him if he were gone so why not make his latter years peaceful, fun and enlightening...be the best grandson you can, one day, you too will be old and labeling things like a tub full of water! And besides, I'll be the rent is pretty good where you're at...just make sure he's in bed sound asleep before bring your friends over! good luck.

oh yeah, i care for him greatly and i think i just need to complain and get this shit off my chest. you see i let a lot of shit roll off my back but sometimes it adds up.

heres another thing that happened yesterday. first off i hate bugs, and there was an odd looking one in the house yesterday. i smashed it with a paper towel and threw it in the garbage. it lives! what so weird about this you ask? well i could not identitfy this bug and neither could my gramps so he is now keeping the motherfucker in an empty yogurt container so he can take it to a tree store to have it identified. this part i almost understand, because he wants to get clues to where it is coming from because it is the second one we have seen in two days like this. the part that bothered me.........thats right you guessed it ..............he labeled it BUG. what the fuck man. oh well i need to calm down............gooz fraba...........gooz fraba.

Mr. baw thanks for the input, and i will make a better effort. but some shit is just to funny to let go. but perhaps i do not give him the respect he deserves.

best post ever

TheBrush said:

heres another thing that happened yesterday. first off i hate bugs, and there was an odd looking one in the house yesterday. i smashed it with a paper towel and threw it in the garbage. it lives! what so weird about this you ask? well i could not identitfy this bug and neither could my gramps so he is now keeping the motherfucker in an empty yogurt container so he can take it to a tree store to have it identified. this part i almost understand, because he wants to get clues to where it is coming from because it is the second one we have seen in two days like this. the part that bothered me.........thats right you guessed it ..............he labeled it BUG. what the fuck man. oh well i need to calm down............gooz fraba...........gooz fraba.

:lmao::lmao:

i dont think i've laughed this hard in such a long time...thanks!

:lol:

i have to ask, does he have a sense of humour? not about all this labelling he does, but other things? and please buy him a brother p-touch label maker for christmas. or better yet, get brother to sponsor him :D

Mr. BAW said:

Baw, that was really beautiful...seriously, i would say the exact same thing...
its easy to get upset, and then... they are gone.
Remind me to give you a hug when i see you at the next JT gathering.

PS are you still wearing the cape?

Angela Harlem said:
:lol:

i have to ask, does he have a sense of humour? not about all this labelling he does, but other things? and please buy him a brother p-touch label maker for christmas. or better yet, get brother to sponsor him :D

And if he says "hey, a Brother p-touch label maker, well label me grateful", then you can make label that says "grateful" and stick it on him.

I'll bet that J-45 is the only thing that's saving you santiy now Brush.

Don't wait for Christmas. Buy the man a label maker now.:yes: Seriously, when my father retired he became obsessed with the pantry. Everything had to be lined up just so, in a specific order. God help you if you innocently put the groceries away. He sounds bored.

TheBrush said:

It could be worse, he could have labeled it "Yogurt." :shifty:

Seriously, I think Mr.BAW has a great suggestion. I work at a senior center and I think the most important thing that the seniors get out of coming here is socialization. I can plan whatever activities there are, but the real reason they come here is to talk to other people and make friends. It makes a world of difference for some of them :).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom