my grandfather is fucked in the head

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not sure if this in fact makes my grandfather more or less fucked in the head. I say this because I think it makes him like many other folks in their golden years.

Gramps is turning into Uncle Leo in that he seems to be becoming a klepto. Now its nothing serious. He hasn't knocked over a bank or stolen a power tool....yet. But it started with stuff I wouldn't consider stealing just really odd is all, like taking nappins from restuarants. We have 200 subway napkins above or fridge right now.

This morning it became stealing in my mind. I go downstairs and there is a few little plastic Jelly containers downstairs.

Now Gramps tells me how I better change my ways or I could end up you know where when my time is up. (he doesn't say it in a mean way, just worried is all). He mentions my lack of church going and how I take the lords name in vain. So today I decided to pis him off a little. I opened one of the jelly packets and wrote on a few of the napkins in jelly "thou shalt not steal the god damn jelly".

He needs to learn how to laugh more, I wish he could see the humor in this stuff.

I haven't really had as much time to update or even be on interference lately. I got a new job, which is excting . I am now a High School Mathematics teacher in the city of Buffalo (in my first year removed from getting my degree!!) I have also started graduate school (two classes-which is a lot).

it is a lot of work but well worth it, very rewarding!

TheBrush said:
I opened one of the jelly packets and wrote on a few of the napkins in jelly "thou shalt not steal the god damn jelly".

omg Dan! :lol:

Congrats on the job, btw. So I guess that means you aren't moving to OC? :wink: We had lunch at Slidebar today...brought back great memories of you and Vinnie :drunk:

Bono's American Wife said:

omg Dan! :lol:

Congrats on the job, btw. So I guess that means you aren't moving to OC? :wink: We had lunch at Slidebar today...brought back great memories of you and Vinnie :drunk:

HAHA goodtime. How did the Bday bash go?

Yea, I think New York will be home for the immediate future. The pay for teachers is well above the standard pay in other states and I am already certified here.

TheBrush said:

HAHA goodtime. How did the Bday bash go?

The birthday bash was awesome...it got shut down by the cops and I woke up the next morning on the floor of Rick's office wondering how the hell I got there. It doesn't get much better than that :lol:

Bono's American Wife said:

The birthday bash was awesome...it got shut down by the cops and I woke up the next morning on the floor of Rick's office wondering how the hell I got there. It doesn't get much better than that :lol:

fucking Popo:madwife:

Im sure he didnt coin this phrase and that Im just a very sheltered young man, but he came in today all pissed of about the bank, AGAIN, and said..

"Fuck em all........Actually Fuck em all but six. Save them as Pallbearers."

I got a kick out of that.

Numb1075 said:
:lol:

TheBrush, can we get Ja Ja tee shirts made up w/ one of his famous quotes on it? I smell $$$

actually I want to get him on public access.

have em watch tv and make comments all day!

Brilliant !

I say, we just give him the newspaper to read and have him go off.

If it's a slow news day, we can just give him his bills, and he can go beserk.

This thread was very thereapeutic for me. I just checked out the Confessionals section of the site for the first time in a long time and I had read maybe a page or two of the thread when my mom called and told me (not unexpected) that my grandfather died. Just reading your funny stories about Jaja and seeing your love for him was great for me in this moment. You're lucky you got to spend so much time with him; I only saw my grandfather once or twice a year. He's actually my step grandfather and this is the 2nd time my grandmother at the ripe old age of 65 has been widowed (she started early).

Anyway thank you for your humor. You have a great writing style. The pictures totally cracked me up, especially the watering can and the banana and the bowling balls and the dog....oh hell everything. I'm going back to that page now to look at them again.

(your art is very nice as well. congrats on the job - maybe you can teach the kiddies art as an elective too!)

Varitek said:
This thread was very thereapeutic for me. I just checked out the Confessionals section of the site for the first time in a long time and I had read maybe a page or two of the thread when my mom called and told me (not unexpected) that my grandfather died. Just reading your funny stories about Jaja and seeing your love for him was great for me in this moment. You're lucky you got to spend so much time with him; I only saw my grandfather once or twice a year. He's actually my step grandfather and this is the 2nd time my grandmother at the ripe old age of 65 has been widowed (she started early).

Anyway thank you for your humor. You have a great writing style. The pictures totally cracked me up, especially the watering can and the banana and the bowling balls and the dog....oh hell everything. I'm going back to that page now to look at them again.

(your art is very nice as well. congrats on the job - maybe you can teach the kiddies art as an elective too!)

I'm very sorry for your loss. It can be just as difficult to lose someone we don't see that often as it is to lose someone we see everyday. Sometimes we wish we got to know them a bit better.

I appreciate your kind words about gramps, my art, job opportunities and writing and even me.

I am really glad that this thread I am writing simply to pass time and maybe vent a bit about Jaja brought something to the table besides a chuckle. Any stories you wish to share, or anyone else would like to share about a relative are more than welcome......

again, I'm truly sorry for your loss :hug:

TheBrush said:
I'm not sure if this in fact makes my grandfather more or less fucked in the head. I say this because I think it makes him like many other folks in their golden years.

Gramps is turning into Uncle Leo in that he seems to be becoming a klepto. Now its nothing serious. He hasn't knocked over a bank or stolen a power tool....yet. But it started with stuff I wouldn't consider stealing just really odd is all, like taking nappins from restuarants. We have 200 subway napkins above or fridge right now.

This morning it became stealing in my mind. I go downstairs and there is a few little plastic Jelly containers downstairs.

Now Gramps tells me how I better change my ways or I could end up you know where when my time is up. (he doesn't say it in a mean way, just worried is all). He mentions my lack of church going and how I take the lords name in vain. So today I decided to pis him off a little. I opened one of the jelly packets and wrote on a few of the napkins in jelly "thou shalt not steal the god damn jelly".

He needs to learn how to laugh more, I wish he could see the humor in this stuff.

I haven't really had as much time to update or even be on interference lately. I got a new job, which is excting . I am now a High School Mathematics teacher in the city of Buffalo (in my first year removed from getting my degree!!) I have also started graduate school (two classes-which is a lot).

it is a lot of work but well worth it, very rewarding!

I'm reading through your posts and i'm beginning to wonder it might be a good idea to get him assessed for dementia (apart from just being old and set his ways,there may be some cause for concern)....collecting and hording things is a common symptom of dementia...doing these things like labelling and storing stuff is actually quite a good way of dealing with it (so mucking around with him.....not a good idea.....he won't see the funny side of things......it's not that he has no sense of humour......he may have lost it,and it's not his fault...so go easy..OK!)...you will find if he does'nt do these things routinely he might actually get frustrated and may even become aggressive.........if it's becoming a problem for you i suggest a family meeting is in store and get the family GP involved....it's sounds like you have a lot of work cut out for you already...you need to nip this in the bud now.

Goodluck!

Last edited:
fly so high! said:

I'm reading through your posts and i'm beginning to wonder it might be a good idea to get him assessed for dementia (apart from just being old and set his ways,there may be some cause for concern)....collecting and hording things is a common symptom of dementia...doing these things like labelling and storing stuff is actually quite a good way of dealing with it (so mucking around with him.....not a good idea.....he won't see the funny side of things......it's not that he has no sense of humour......he may have lost it,and it's not his fault...so go easy..OK!)...you will find if he does'nt do these things routinely he might actually get frustrated and may even become aggressive.........if it's becoming a problem for you i suggest a family meeting is in store and get the family GP involved....it's sounds like you have a lot of work cut out for you already...you need to nip this in the bud now.

Goodluck!

Thanks Dr, Phil. These are MAYBES. While I appreciate your concern, please don't act as if I need to go do this stuff and that your diagnosis is accurately made (Via a U2 Message Board).
First off, he may very well be slipping a bit...but I doubt it. I really feal it is the fear of slipping that is driving him to do this.
Again I'm not saying I don't appreciate your concern, but reread your post again and tell me that you don't come off abit like you've met gramps. "It sounds like you have a lot of work cut out for you", come now, I will not jumps to conclusions, maybe you are a doctor, a good one perhaps, but I think you need to reread my entire thread again.

Oh by the way thanks for educating me......I have a new idea for a show now.......

WHEN GRAMPS ATTACKS!!!!!!:ohmy:

^ whatever

actually i meant "work cut out for you" in the sense that it sounds like you had alot of "study" "work committments" to deal with as well....i was'nt actually refering to your grandfather antics solely.

Last edited:
fly so high! said:
^ whatever

actually i meant "work cut out for you" in the sense that it sounds like you had alot of "study" "work committments" to deal with as well....i was'nt actually refering to your grandfather antics solely.

My bad. And no offense but the way its written gives the impression that you made a judgement already. I do appreciate the concern however and I will watch out for oddities and strange things that occur.

TheBrush said:

My bad. And no offense but the way its written gives the impression that you made a judgement already. I do appreciate the concern however and I will watch out for oddities and strange things that occur.

That's all i was meaning.........sorry for coming across too "clinical".....I am no doctor,and i would never expect ANYONE to accept this as a straight out diagnosis...I would'nt...and i did not mean for you to take it that way. But, no offense...you have not actually have come across to me as Captain Sensitive about your Gramps reading through your posts.
But also having said that............... I understand your frustration.

*preparing for a flamin'*
:wink:

Last edited:
fly so high! said:

That's all i was meaning.........sorry for coming across too "clinical".....I am no doctor,and i would never expect ANYONE to accept this as a straight out diagnosis...I would'nt...and i did not mean for you to take it that way. But, no offense...you have not actually have come across to me as Captain Sensitive about your Gramps reading through your posts.
But also having said that............... I understand your frustration.

*preparing for a flamin'*
:wink:

nah, Im pretty laid back, If I can fuck with him a lot for being family everyone else is allowed to a little bit. I believe one of the first posts in here is someone linking me a an insane asylum. I thought it was hilarious, I guess it's all in how you deliver it. No biggie though.

Back
Top Bottom