My girlfriend's dog passed away this morning...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ouizy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
He was tiny and adorable.

He was 17 years old!!!!!!!!

He lived a very full life.

He never ate dog food, he only ate human food (his whole life.)

She is very upset, her parents are more upset (the dog lived with them.)

How do I console them???

awww that is soooo sad:sad:
17 years...yep...that was a very full life...but the only problem is here...that's 17 years long of a bond...that has suddenly been broken. :sad:
There really is no way to console anyone in this situation......just offer your hugs and a shoulder to cry on. That's the best advice I can give here.
:hug: :hug: :hug:
RIP cute little doggy...what was it's name? For now...I'll call the very missed pooch *cute little doggy*.
I'm sorry for your girlfriend and her parents.
Things will get better over time.
Love and hugs,
Autumn

When our cat died this year(we had her for 16+years), there really wasn't anything anyone could say to comfort any of us. It was nice comments(not mean, sarcastic comments like I got at work)that helped me feel better.
Just be there for her and her family...it's crazy how much an animal can change your life.
:hug: to you and your girlfriend...
Mrs.Clayton

:( I'm sorry.

It's an excellent day to go, though. The veil is thinner on Halloween, or so folklore goes, making the transition easy.

RIP ouizy's girlfriend's dog

ouizy, im so sorry:( thats so sad:sad: everyone here gave good advise, just be there for her and the family:hug:

Tiny dogs are the best

17 years is a good innings, especially surrounded by the love he had from the family. ( the bit about only eating "human food', I know what you mean)
Dogs are wonderful, so loyal, so much fun.
Maybe buy a really beautiful frame, put her favorite photo of the puppy in it. Give her some flowers, hug her when she cries( u know that already). Her parents must feel it too, do something for them, have al ittle wake, maybe

Not today, too sad, but one day I might show you a pic of the rockery and garden I made for Pottergirl, it's her favourite winter catch the morning sun place. Her upturned bowl and a tiny figurine that reminds me of her is there, it is surrounded by miniature chrysanthemums, beneath a frangipani tree.

I'm sorry ouizy

It's always hard to find the right words to say when this happens, just a few thoughts that I had:

-People love to talk about their pets - try asking them about the funniest thing he ever did, their happiest memory of him, something like that.

-We all like to get cards in the mail when we're not expecting them. Maybe pick up just a simple card that says "I'm thinking about you."

-You could pass this on, I sent this to Sicy when her cat died recently and she said it was helpful to her:

The Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine.
Our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who have been ill and were old have been restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days gone by.
The animals are happy except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who has been left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance.
His bright eyes are intent. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted and when you and your special friend meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again.
The happy kisses rain upon your face, your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life, but never absent from your heart....

Hopefully one these ideas will give you a place to start. :hug:

Last edited:
diamond said:
All dogs wind up on hevan.-sp?:huh:
It's heaven....and I think they do...I really thing they go there...just as our cats...and birds....and whatever else little creatures we get attached to.:wave:

ouizy i hope my stories don't make it worse

but I had the most beautiful canine things happen today. I went to a community festival/market and spoke to an old man who had a dog that looked like my little dog. I have never been sure what breed my dog is...I just know he's beautiful and I don't want to lose him. I would like to let him have pups, but didn't know how to go about it.
Anyway the old man was very friendly, as was his wife..and very Scottish, and very happy to talk about their beloved.... PAPILLION!!! a Russian cattle dog ( don't laugh) I thought I owned a long -haired chihuahua. They said he is probably very valuable and any breeder woudl be interested in meeting him. They took my number...so he and I are waiting by the phone....hoping SHE calls.
If I could, I would send you one of the puppies when they are born( I hope it happens)
And then...I met two women who were raising funds to rehabilitate and find homes for retired racing greyhounds. They had 2 greyhounds on display to demonstarte how docile they can be. ( I knew that already , I grew up handling them) The old lady could see I was a doglover and on for a chat, so she told me she had a 17 year old one-eyed poodle at home , who she loves more than anything.
Sorry bud, long doggy tale...but it really happened, today. One of my wishes has almost come true...a puppy, Tambo's puppy.
I was thinking of your family is all.
I'm sorry.

Back
Top Bottom