My friends think I am a groupie.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2valleygirl

Refugee
I am not a "groupie' I am only going to 4-5 shows. My friends think because I am seeing more than one show that I am a groupie. I ran into this girl that I know at the San Diego 2 show. After the show I ran into her at Chillis and I said wasn't the show amazing....and she said "Yeah I heard your'e a groupie". I did not respond because I was in a rush.:ohmy:

I've been called a groupie. But I don't really care what other people think anymore, you know. And you know what's great fun to do when someone calls you that? Just give a really satisfied smile and walk off. It will drive them insane. :)

Groupie:

1. A fan, especially a young woman, who follows a rock group around on tours.

2. An enthusiastic supporter or follower: a ballet groupie; a fashion groupie.

~~~

Although "groupie" really has a negative connotation, as it usually implies a woman who not only follows a rock group around on tours but also provides sexual favors for band members and/or their crew (roadies, etc.).

Haha, at least they call you a groupie.
My bf calls me spoiled because I want to go to another concert (the first one was the Brooklyn Bridge). :|

I still don't get why he said that.

When I went to my third Gavin Friday performance/concert/thing within a two month span, my dad told me, ' Just make sure he knows you're not a groupie'. I had to laugh. I didn't really care. I had been waiting 4 months to have the chance to see him, and while I'm living in Europe I'm going to take every chance.

If it's something you enjoy, and brings you happiness, don't listen to them and the things they say. Let nothing be lost upon you. You'll probably only regret the things you didn't do.

Yeah, what ABEL and Indra said :sexywink:

btw I'm so sorry I missed your call in SD. I didn't realize I had a new voice message until I was home Wednesday night :reject:

sorry... reading that after i have posted it i realise it doesnt really make sense. i mean that when you love U2 so much, you want to see them as much as possible

I dont care what my friends/family think. Everyone I know knows I love U2 (even if they do think I love them a bit too much!)

You just cant help it can you? :wink: Im going to at least 4 shows. People at work especially think im mad but who cares...
:madspit:

Bonochick said:

Although "groupie" really has a negative connotation, as it usually implies a woman who not only follows a rock group around on tours but also provides sexual favors for band members and/or their crew (roadies, etc.).

That's what I think of when I think of a groupie.

:lol: Funny thread!

Whenever I hear the word 'groupie' these days I just think of a character like Michael Jackson's Dirty Diana. Which is obviously not the case a lot of the time, but there you go. It has kind of become a dirty word, or at least, a word with negative connotations.

Courtney love made a comment back in 1997 that I found pretty cool. Okay, so she can't play guitar for shit - I think as a musician she is fairly inept. Still, I liked what she said to this girl sitting on some "rock star's" knee who was making snide comments about her:

"Why don't you get a guitar? Then instead of being a rock star's whore, you'll be the rock star'.

Yes, it is prejudice and isn't very right on, but as a guitarist and someone who believes there is more to life than going around shagging bands all the time, I really don't care. You can keep the likes of Pamela des Barres. No thanks.

It's probably partly bitterness on my part. I remember saying to an acquaintance that I was going to a party with my friend who was in a band. He wrongly assumed my friend was a guy, and sneered at me "going to be a groupie are you? "

My short response to that was "Fuck off! I'm gonna be the star!"

Hurrah.

Last edited:
U2democrat said:
ok no one here can feel bad because i'm a friggin political groupie. :ohmy::shifty::coocoo:

Like Monica? :reject:

Don't hit me, don't hit me!! :uhoh: :D

Back
Top Bottom