My friend needs some help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Achtung_CJ

The Fly
So I met an amazing friend online a few months ago. She is understanding, caring, and she likes the same things I do. She's become one of my best friends, and I feel like I can tell her anything.

But soon I may not ever be able to communicate with her. For one, she lives in Missouri and I live in North Carolina. Her family is in a terrible financial situation, and she herself is broke. Her single mother and 8-year-old brother live in an apartment but cannot afford the rent raise to have her live there too. She currently lives with her aunt, who is borderline mentally and emotionally abusive. My friend has also been known to have some problems with depression.

Her aunt once threatened to literally throw her out of the house if she does not get a job. She's 19 years old and has no college education; thus, she's not exactly the best job candidate.

Job or not, her internet connection will be terminated at the end of the month. She is on the verge of a mental breakdown. She needs help. But I don't know what to do.

Does anyone have advice for her and/or how I can help her?

Well, you don't always need a college education to get a decent job. What is she good at? Has she had any jobs at all? She could start out somewhere as a receptionist or something then work her way up?

It's kind of hard if you've never met her and have only chatted online, and only for a few months. Not to sound skeptical but I probably wouldn't get involved in any way other than to lend and ear and try to give her advice. Good luck.

Have her call 2-1-1 which is a national hotline for resources to all kinds of Help and assistance. Also there are computers in public libraries which is a means to keep in touch. Just a couple ideas. I hope your friend will be alright. :hug:

While it sounds kinda harsh to say, and unhelpful, I do gotta agree with Sicy about keeping your distance (dont get too involved), because as said you dont actually know the person in person - and that can make a huge difference.

just advise and listen. many many peeps out there with probs and not even close friends or families can help.

its hard, I know.

:hug:

Back
Top Bottom