My friend is a bad conversationalist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Techie2000

Refugee
I feel like I'm pulling teeth when I talk to him, and he is very negative. Besides that, he responds to about everything with "o" and it is just becoming painful to talk to him...:sigh:

Oh I so hear ya!
I have a friend exactly like that. It's sometimes hard to be around him, because it's very hard to interact beyond the usual howareyou's and whathaveyoubeenupto's. It can get frustrating, but then, I take some time away from him (alone or with other friends who communicate better) and I try always to find the purpose of the friendship, which to me, is be there and be his friend.
Because I know he needs me and our group of talkative, heart-on-their-sleeves- friends as some sort of life-line ; I know he values it, even though he can't do it himself. :hug:

But I know where you're coming from, it's sometimes hard to not be able to really interact.

I've been on both sides.

I used to be uncompromisingly tacit, reticent, and silent. I rarely said anything to anyone, and I was in the position where you were "doing me a favor" to talk to me.

Question peoples maturity, that woud work on me, though no one ever did it.

A lot of it hast to do with a lack of self condifence, things like that - as far as the quiet one goes.

BUt now, sometimes i feel like I am drawing blood from a stone sometimes. Bottom line - make an issue of respect.

If you are trying to hold a conversation with someone, the least they could do is return the effort back and be interactive.

If not, let he/she know that you are being disrespected, and that that is not cool

:yes:

actually, in the begging, It was more like

I was doing you a favor to listen to you,

heh heh heh....

But then I learned the art of talking and discussing, and foreplay and what not and so forth.......... :)

Back
Top Bottom