My Fish...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Got Philk?

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Arizona, Tacoma, Philadelphia ,Atlanta, LA...
I almost feel guilty for posting this with all the other stories out in ZC right now, but I have to tell someone.

I had a fish that was really cool. It was big, colorful and lived upstairs for all to see in the big tank that I have. Today, I came home to feed the big guy, and I couldn't find him. So I looked on the sides of the tank, outside the tank, and sure enough, he had jumped to his death. He jumped out of the tank some time when I was at work, and is dead.

He's been in my house or my girlfriend's house for at least 2 years...:( We were even thinking of how we could get the dang thing to Florida with us(we live in Michigan) when we move there. I dunno, it's just a fish, and I have others, but this was my favorite. Thanks,
Phil

the Green Terror was a great fish

:(

This is worse than when the Jewels bred, had babies, and then the dad freaked and committed suicide the same way.

:sad:

I feel your pain.

Almost all our fish have had horiffic issues that have driven them to commit suicide.

Or maybe its just that stupid dad keeps filling up the fish bowl too much and they just accidentally swim over the top. :(

I'm so sorry. :sad: :hug:

I never had a fish jump out, but I once accidentally left the lid open on my newt's tank before leaving one morning...and he crawled out and died. :( I was crushed. It doesn't matter what sort of pet it is...fish, cat, dog...it's still a sad and painful loss. :hug:

tiny dancer said:
Was he a Betta? I have one who I love dearly and I heard that a Betta will jump oit of their bowl. I'm so very sorry for your loss. :sad: :hug:

Nope, he was a lovely Green Terror (South American) cichlid. But not very green, nor terrible!

Like this:
gtnow3.jpg

BC I had some newts when I lived in the dorms (well, I have 2 now, but they're different) and one escaped once, but the girls on my floor were such idiots and were too girly to pick him up and bring him back and too dumb to tell me he was out, so I didn't know until he had been out so long he died.

Back
Top Bottom