my feet are sunburnt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trinity3000

Acrobat
just the tops of them, but man that hurts. Also back of knees chest and neck.

I was trying to be so sun smart, but was at an outdoor festival all weekend in blistering sun.

Ouch! Hope you feel better soon :hug: Have you tried Aloe to help relieve the pain?

I have really fair skin so I ALWAYS manage to get sunburned at least once each summer. Have done the burning the tops of my feet before like you,lol. Also managed to burn my ears which was a first for me lol.

i always manage to get sunburn in the weirdest places like that ^

thats what you get for being pale!

I went to the beach over the Chrissy hols, and this happened to me. I didn't put any sunscreen there (who does??) and got terribly burnt. It was so bad that my feet were twitching all night and I was wide awake till 4am

COBL_04 said:
I went to the beach over the Chrissy hols, and this happened to me. I didn't put any sunscreen there (who does??) and got terribly burnt. It was so bad that my feet were twitching all night and I was wide awake till 4am

:tsk: :tsk: you live in Australia boy, no sunscreen at the beach is just asking for trouble. I've learnt through experience that you need to put it EVERYWHERE, every nook and cranny :eyebrow:

my weirdest spot to get sunburnt is on my eyelids:confused:

stupid bloody pale skin:mad:

I totally sunblocked, but there are those spots you forget like tops of feet and backs of knees.

I always sunblock the tops of my ears cos I can feel them burn.

After being in the sub tropical north I am relieved to be back at the bottom of the island where it is reassuringly overcast and cool.

iloveedge said:
Ouch! :huh:

Weird, I say ouch and I've never had a sunburn and I never put sunscreen on.
Obviously you don't live in Australia, near our radioactive sun :wink:

Missing bits of skin with sunscreen = buy that coloured stuff "goes on coloured, rubs in clear, so you never miss a spot".... geez I watch too much TV :sigh:

Well I only just got aloe today, because I live in the sticks and didn't get out to the shops. I find that at night the feet start stinging and then it's hard to get to sleep.

iloveedge said:
Ouch! :huh:

Weird, I say ouch and I've never had a sunburn and I never put sunscreen on.

You have, most likely, actually. Even dark skinned people burn and get sun damage. Just because we can't feel it doesn't mean it hasn't happened! You really need to start on some sun screen! Unless you want to look like an old leather lounge when you're older :D

cinnaminson said:

:tsk: :tsk: you live in Australia boy, no sunscreen at the beach is just asking for trouble. I've learnt through experience that you need to put it EVERYWHERE, every nook and cranny :eyebrow:

my weirdest spot to get sunburnt is on my eyelids:confused:

stupid bloody pale skin:mad:

:lmao: I know that now. I got the shit bagged outta me at the circket, cos I was wearin a wife beater and people could see my white skin. I burnt in like 10 minutes lol

Eyelids? :eyebrow:

blueeyedgirl said:

Obviously you don't live in Australia, near our radioactive sun :wink:

Nope! :lol: But the sun is still pretty hot!!

Angela Harlem said:

You have, most likely, actually. Even dark skinned people burn and get sun damage. Just because we can't feel it doesn't mean it hasn't happened! You really need to start on some sun screen! Unless you want to look like an old leather lounge when you're older :D

I'm not dark skinned...maybe I did burn but haven't felt a thing! I guess I can consider myself lucky!

Nope, don't want to look like an old leather lounge :no:

:lol:

Yeah my feet are better but I have to wear shoes that cover the tops when I'm outside.

iloveedge where do you live?

There's a hole in the ozone right over New Zealand so the sunburn factor is pretty bad here.

I can't believe people don't know to wear sunscreen every day, even when it's overcast. Those are the days when sunburn is most likely to occur. In this day and age you'd think the message had gotten through everyone's thick skulls

:shifty:

I got sunburnt today.:reject:

:grumpy:

Trinity3000 said:
iloveedge where do you live?

There's a hole in the ozone right over New Zealand so the sunburn factor is pretty bad here.

I live on the west side of Québec.

omg! :ohmy: A hole right over NZ...:crack:

Cancer is horrible. I've seen my uncle suffer from skin cancer for over six years...horrible :sick:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom