My "E-E-G" and pyschotic breakdown. (Personal Story)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PopMartian33107

Acrobat
Hey all, it's me, PopMartian33107. Some of you know me quite well, while others don't. So for those I haven't spoken to yet, glad to meet ya'. :wave:

Anyway, in July of 2004, I had a serious pyschotic breakdown. The warning signs had come before July: I was seeing colors, my head would hurt, bizarre thoughts popped into my mind, etc. But in July, the shit hit the fan. I was talking to people who weren't there, standing in weird postures for hours on end, and illusioning things that weren't really there. I thught I was Jesus for a while, too. Far be it to say, it was the worst month of my life.

I was hospitalized in August for a couple weeks, and upon release, things have gotten slowly but surely better. I'm coming back to life, and I'm excited about things again.

Anyway, to be brief, I am getting a head E-E-G examination tomorrow, where they put electrodes on my head and see if there's any brain lapses or seizures. When one considers the flashing lights and severe, constant headaches I always endure, I wouldn't be surprised if the results came back horrible.

If you could all say a prayer and send your best wishes to me, it would be greatly appreciated. I've been through so much, and I just want my life to come back! Thank you very much in advance! :D

That is definitely not fun stuff to deal with. I sincerely hope everything works out for you.

I´m sorry you had to go through all that. I hope you had proper medication and good docs.

Try relax a lot, find some inner peace.. I don´t know if there will be any visible results for the EEG. Things like that can happen just because of chemical imbalances.

However, the best of luck with your check.

Stay strong and take care :hug:

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers, everyone. It is appreciated! :) Now, I only hope for the best...

i'm sorry to hear you are going through this...i know it's stigmatizing and hard to accept by friends and family, (and hard to share with this community), but I hope people in your life can view this as any other kind of illness...there are great meds out there that can help you manage and prevent those episodes...it's a pretty simple matter of brain chemistry (neurotransmitters) as the previous post suggests. take care of yourself, and you'll be in my thoughts.

Hoping your test results come out ok and that you are able to continue the postive progress you have already made.

A lot of what you write looks like it's related to schizophrenia, and if you are determined to have chemical imbalance, it would likely be that you have too much dopamine and not enough serotonin, or they'll find overactivity in your frontal lobes.

Either way, it's good you're getting it checked out, and I hope that you get some concrete results and are able to get it fixed.

Melon

Congratulations on taking ownership of the problem and seeking medical help. Well done. Thats a big step and something that is unfortunately not always socially acceptable.

I hope the tests yield the cause and you can find some way of relieving the symptoms.

:hug:

Thanks for the good wishes, everyone! It really does mean a lot. :) Now, the only thing I have to do is wait for the results to come in...

beli said:
How long is the wait? Can you pay more money to receive the results faster? (don't laugh, I have done this before, seriously, legally)

Thanks for the idea, beli, but the results should be coming back in a matter of days. Thank you for your concern, though! :)

And a big THANK YOU to everyone else who offered me warm wishes and prayers, too! :)

Well folks, the E-E-G scan results came back and the results are good. No brain lapses or seizures to speak of.

Still, this doesn't settle the question why I continue to feel so miserable, and why I had that scary pyschotic episode in the first place...has anyone here ever had a pyschotic breakdown, or knows of someone who has had one? It would put my poor mind at a lot of ease.

In any rate, thanks for the prayers and warm wishes, everybody! They really do mean a lot to someone like myself! :)

I'll keep you further updated the longer this goes on...

Thats good to hear :up:

Maybe you can ask your doctor if he/she knows anyone else that has been through the same thing and would like to speak to you. Having a friend whos been there, done that, and come out the other side always helps. I reckon any way.

:hug:

Hi, PopMartian :)

I'm glad the results were good. How are you feeling at the moment; are you considering therapy?

I don't know anyone who had a similar breakdown, but I'm sure your doctor/therapist can give you more feedback on that.

Keep talking to us. :hug:

I do have a friend that is schizophrenic and he's on meds to control it, he spoke to me vividly about how it feels at times and it's gotto be so hard for him. It helps him to speak about it, though.

PopMartian33107 said:
has anyone here ever had a pyschotic breakdown, or knows of someone who has had one? It would put my poor mind at a lot of ease.

Yes, I know someone who had a psychotic breakdown but I didn't know him at the time. Ever since I've known him I thought he was a bit odd in a way that I couldn't put my finger on, but since I generally like oddballs we got along fine. He's a casual acquaintance, runs a bookstore I frequent. One day we were chatting about an author we like who had had some experiences in a mental hospital. He then confessed to me that about 10 years ago he had a psychotic episode where he had some pretty intense, vivid, delusional experiences, knew something was wrong, took himself to the doctor, and was diagnosed with schizophrenia. He has been on medication ever since and has never had another episode and lives a very normal life.

Back
Top Bottom