My Dr. read me the riot act today!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow! It's so great to see that there are a lot of people out there who don't want kids. I get criticized for not wanting them, but I seriously think it would be a bad idea for me. I'm sure you'll make the right decision.

There are still too many people who don't know how to be "whole assed" parents, so to say....

It's disturbing when people treat children as if they were simple pets.

In the city of albany, and I'[m sure others have seen it elsewhere, not even in cities many times, I see kids, children, who are barely old enough to walk, yet they are crossing the streets, busy streets, and walking in places where grown people shouldn't walk alone......

Anyways..... I support people's right to choose to have kids....

But I think many people underestimate, or at least choose to overlook, the power of creating life...

For Honor said:

In the city of albany, and I'[m sure others have seen it elsewhere, not even in cities many times, I see kids, children, who are barely old enough to walk, yet they are crossing the streets, busy streets, and walking in places where grown people shouldn't walk alone......

On the Detroit news, I saw so many stories of kids being hit by cars while crossing the street. At first, I was mad at stupid motorists...but then when I heard the young ages of some of these kids, I wondered how the hell their parents could leave them running around by themselves! :huh:

I especially get mad at the grocery store. The other day, I saw this little girl...she had to be about 5 years old...she came out from this one aisle and was going, "Mom? Mom???", looking all over. Finally, she found her mom down the next aisle. WTF? Why did the mother go to another aisle without her young daughter??? Hello, that's how kids get abducted! :crack:

This is why I can't have kids...because I would be too paranoid and too protective...I'd have a heart attack the first time I'd have to let them out of my sight. :|

Mrs. Edge,
if you finally choose not to have kids, who is going to pass along your once-in-a-lifetime story of getting to bellydance for the all-time-greatest rock n' roll frontman? huh? now there's something to ponder :sexywink:

all joking aside, i agree with the rest of the lot. don't allow some stiff scientist to impact your decision to have kids. i firmly believe women ought to be 100% sure they want children--based out of your own desires--prior to reproducing. i don't care if you're 18 or 81. take me, for example. i'm only 24 years old and, already, i have two young kids. now, i'm sure some people are thinking to themselves, "what in the hell possessed this girl to give birth to children at such a young age! her life is over!". the simple reason i manage to get by each day with relative ease, and, more importantly, that my children feel secure and thrive is because i knew all along that i was going to be a mother some day. on top of that, i knew that, when that day came, i was going to find great joy in that role. it just so happened that day came sooner than later.

take your time :)

I know one thing for sure at this moment - I don't want children and I will not have children until I can be a fulltime parent and comfortably so.

I'm a workaholic and still have a million things I need and want to accomplish. Some are big goals, some are silly like going to Boston and pub hopping.

But it all comes down to being ready. Even my boyfriend of 7 years winces at the thought of children. Thank god we're on the same page.

However, if I find once I'm in my mid-30s and I'm feeling successful and at peace with changing my life as I know it altogether, then I'll have children.

Until then, I'm quite happy as I am at 28 and wouldn't change it for anything right now. I've always said I don't want children and I really don't right now. You still have time, Jess. The decision that is best for you will be something you feel real down deep in your heart.

Your heart has no idea what day or year it is.

It'll come to you.

Your heart may not know, but your mind must

^ as in, pertaining to kids, IMO.

But like you said, you have the proper attitude - waiting until you can be a fulltime parent.

I respect that a lot

Thank you for all the comments everyone! I have been offline for awhile, so haven't had a chance to reply. I love reading what everyone has to say...the people on this forum are awesome! :)

Back
Top Bottom