My dog is gone :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EdgeIsTooSexy

ONE love, blood, life
Last night my dog died.
I'm so so so sad. I just want to see him one last time and I can't.
I'm at college and I have so much work to do so I cant go home.

Apollo was part of our family, he wasnt just a pet to me. I loved him.
I got Apollo when I was nine years old. He was my best friend for a good whole nine years. I miss him so so much. I cant imagine going home and not seeing his wagging tail. Christmas is going to be so sad this year.

RIP

:hug: Sorry to hear that. I know that some people don't understand it, but I know losing a pet can be just as bad as losing a family member.

:hug: Sorry to hear that. I know that some people don't understand it, but I know losing a pet can be just as bad as losing a family member.

qft.

I lost both my dogs, my lifelong friends, over the past two years, and it was/is incomparable to anything I've felt. Especially when Midnight died, so very suddenly. I completely understand the desire to just have one more moment.

I'm so so sorry. :hug:

So sorry to hear that. They are so much more than pets.

:hug: :hug: :hug: My dog was in my life since I was around 9 years old too. He died May of 2006. I know how you feel.

Was it a peaceful death? I'm so sorry for your loss. I couldn't function for a while when my dog died.. I was numb for a long time. Don't feel like it's unusual to mourn a dog's death. If anything, it's unbelievably necessary.

Pets do more than comfort you. They're friends that never leave your side.. they listen to you and give you a shoulder to cry on. They share your joy.

Feel better-- time will ease the pain. :hug: :hug: :hug:

I'm sorry to read this. Did it happen unexpectedly or was Apollo ill? Take care of yourself.

It was unexpected. Thats what made it worse because none of us were prepared for this. My dad came home and saw that he wasnt feeling well. Next thing he knew my dog wouldnt get up and then that was it, we lost him.

:hug: :hug: :hug: My dog was in my life since I was around 9 years old too. He died May of 2006. I know how you feel.

Was it a peaceful death? I'm so sorry for your loss. I couldn't function for a while when my dog died.. I was numb for a long time. Don't feel like it's unusual to mourn a dog's death. If anything, it's unbelievably necessary.

Pets do more than comfort you. They're friends that never leave your side.. they listen to you and give you a shoulder to cry on. They share your joy.

Feel better-- time will ease the pain. :hug: :hug: :hug:

I'm not very sure. But I know he wasnt in pain for very long.
Thats exactly how I feel. It does feel weird, but you are right its absolutely necessary. He was like a brother or a friend that was there all the time.

Thanks everybody for your kind words.

Oh Adge I'm soooooooooo very sorry to hear of your loss. I know it's heartbreaking. Please call me if you need to hang or talk you know where I am. :hug::hug::hug:

It is, thank you. Yea, will do.

It was unexpected. Thats what made it worse because none of us were prepared for this. My dad came home and saw that he wasnt feeling well. Next thing he knew my dog wouldnt get up and then that was it, we lost him.

I am so sorry. I don't think anyone can ever feel prepared. I work at a veterinary speciality hospital and even owners with terminally ill pets still aren't ready when the time comes. You have a right to grieve and feel sadness/pain about this, so don't let anyone tell you that you are being overly sentimental for a pet--I have found myself crying in rooms with owners for a pet I knew only shortly--I think some people can learn alot from some animals about caring. We even had an owner hold a memorial service at his church for his pet that was a patient, so do whatever you need to do in order to help yourself cope. Your grief is genuine and deserving of support. :hug:

I'm so sorry to hear this--it is a really rough thing to go through. Cry all you want to, sweetie--he was a little living creature, and you loved him, and he loved you. :hug:

I'm so sorry :hug: I lost my 15 year old dog in September, it's been very tough for me. I know what you mean about Christmas, my dog used to love to sleep next to/under the tree so just that is painful for me let alone having Christmas without her.

The short time that has passed has done nothing to make it easier for me as far as missing her, the only comfort is knowing that she's not suffering or struggling anymore. Just try to focus on the wonderful times you had with him. You have every right to feel the pain of losing him, if anyone doesn't understand that then that's their problem. So I've learned.

:hug:

Back
Top Bottom