My dog chews on her toe nails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trash Can

Acrobat
She's doing it right now.
I let her in because it's all cold and rainy tonight. So she lies here beside me as I type this... and gets busy licking the bottom of her feet and then chompin on her nails.

Gross, huh???

Is this normal?
Is she demented?
Should I just go ahead and put her to sleep???

Anyone want a slightly used and slightly warped 3 year old Shepard mix dog???

[This message has been edited by Trash Can (edited 12-15-2001).]

She's so cute trash! Is she part husky?

I think its normal cos they keep their claws short this way. But dont trust my limited knowledge on toe nail chewing behaviour.

Her previous owner claims she comes from two German Shepherd police dogs, but I look at her face and it doesnt look German Shepherd. Its too thin and the nose is too pointy, and her ears are set too far apart,... and she can't sniff out drugs.. and she's kinda stinky... I mean, RIGHT NOW... Geezzzz, my bedroom wreakssssssssss!... When did I last bath this dog???

Anyway, I will be gettin a female husky as a companion for her in March. A friend of mine cant keep her, and I'm taking her.

...Dogs RULE!!!

biggrin.gif

The Trash Can http://photos.yahoo.com/trash_can_u2

aww she's adorable Trashcan!!!! she does look like she might have a bit of husky in her.

i think it's pretty normal although it can develop into a bad habit with dogs. if she starts making her feet bleed then you'll have to train her not to do it
biggrin.gif

poor you.....

...did I mention the "crunching" sound that kept coming from my dear pooch as she continued to play 'doggie pedicurist' into the night after I shut off the lights and tried to get some sleep???

Oy vey...

It's ok, but you need to watch it or they'll make their paws raw. You need to keep the long hair in between the dog's toes clipped short. The purpose of biting the foot (and what makes the crunching noise) is to clean the foot. Just keep an eye on it.

------------------
Go lightly down your darkened way.

Back
Top Bottom