my dad thought that I was pregnant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Muggsy

Refugee
I live in colombia, with a box of watercolors and
ok... I've been sick the last 4 weeks, my tummy is all messed up, I can't eat nothing and I felt dizzy all the time.... my mom has take care of me and she took me to the doctor last week...

it was a digestive disorder... cuz I can't deal with stress.

So, I was talking with my sis last night and she said "my dad said that maybe you were "jumping around" with someone". I was like "what the fu****ck???!!!". He knew I would feel really offended because of that comment so he asked my sister not to tell me about it.

It would be funny if my dad wouldn't treat us like we were sluts. He always says that we go out to get laid and that kind of things, and then he says that we can trust him and blah blah blah...

redkat said:

Mugsy sorry you're dad jumps to those conclusions about you:hug:

yeah... is sad. I mean, he raised me, but he never taught me to trust him, we don't talk about my private life so he doesn't trust me either. I have a boyfriend, I haven't tell my dad cuz he would get upset about it, which is ridiculous: I'm 22 and he still treats me like a little girl who can't take care of herself.

sometimes I wonder how I would talk with him if I want to get married, or if I get "really" pregnant.

:hug: Sorry, Mugs, your dad needs a reality check. I'm sure his expectations of you are only adding to your stress. Can you get your own place or stay with friends for a while? Maybe if he sees how much happier you are with him out of the equation he'll see how much it's hurting you.

As time goes on, now that I've been out of my parents' house for three years, I've come to realize how cool my dad is. A few years ago, after my relationship w/ my boyfriend became more serious, we would go camping together or sleep at each others' places. We weren't having sex, but either way I don't exactly discuss that with my dad. One night awhile back when I was 18 my dad pulled me aside and he wasn't mad or anything, he just said "Look, I know you guys go camping by yourselves and sleep at his place and it's not my place to tell you what you can and cannot do, but just make sure the same goes for his parents." 'Cus my boyfriend's dad is a pastor so his parents are a bit more conservative when it comes to relationships and such and my dad didn't want them thinking his daughter was slutty (not that sleeping together whilst in a committed relationship is slutty....but you know how conservative Christian people can think). I think my favorite thing about my parents is that they pretty much left me alone and raised me to be independent and gave me the ability to make my own good choices.

everytime I cough my dad asks me if I've been smoking. everytime I go to a party with members of *gasp* the opposite sex, he gives me stern looks and acts like the parent on the "Parents: The Anti-Drug" commercial. He's such a hypocrite cos he used to smoke pot all the time.

Anyway, you'd think he'd know me well enough to know I'm not that kind of kid (I'm 14, a bit younger than you :wink: )...they go on and on about how you have to build trust and show people you're trustworthy...well, I get straight A's, have good friends, do my chores. And they'll still never trust me.

Hope you have more luck with your dad though :hug:

I have lots of problems with my dad too. I don't think things can ever be resolved with him.

Good luck.

:hug:

if it makes you feel any better i got the same crap from my grandma when i eloped. she kept asking if i was pregnant. let's just say considering the circumstances involving the elopement, even if i had been pregnant, i wouldn't have even known yet. but that's besides the point because i wasn't.

anyway, :hug: hope you feel better muggsy. i'm sure he's not helping your stress levels at all.

VertigoGal said:
everytime I cough my dad asks me if I've been smoking. everytime I go to a party with members of *gasp* the opposite sex, he gives me stern looks and acts like the parent on the "Parents: The Anti-Drug" commercial. He's such a hypocrite cos he used to smoke pot all the time.

Anyway, you'd think he'd know me well enough to know I'm not that kind of kid (I'm 14, a bit younger than you :wink: )...they go on and on about how you have to build trust and show people you're trustworthy...well, I get straight A's, have good friends, do my chores. And they'll still never trust me.

Hope you have more luck with your dad though :hug:
you'll like your dad later :wink:
Trust me

When I got back from staying in my fiance's state for 3 months I was at my church again and this one girl came up to me and hugged me, asked me if I had a good time, and then asked me if I was pregnant.
I was like. huh? :scratch:
She said oh well you know, its getting so close to the big date and temptation sets in and all.
Like all bubbly she just stood there not knowing that it was insulting
:|

u2bonogirl said:

you'll like your dad later :wink:
Trust me

When I got back from staying in my fiance's state for 3 months I was at my church again and this one girl came up to me and hugged me, asked me if I had a good time, and then asked me if I was pregnant.
I was like. huh? :scratch:
She said oh well you know, its getting so close to the big date and temptation sets in and all.
Like all bubbly she just stood there not knowing that it was insulting
:|

i swear...those people are the worst.

I know what you mean about dads :hug:

I'm very lucky to have a good dad, I know, but especially lately, I've found it hard to be close to him. My dad is very responsible, practical, level-headed, does everything by the book...and, I mean, I'm not what you'd call a wild and crazy kind of girl, but I also don't believe that there are rules for everything, or that you even need to always follow the rules that are there. The thing is, I think I have good reasons for what I do, even if I later maybe regret them. I don't generally do anything without noodling it over for quite a while.

What does this have to do with my dad? :sigh: Well, he wasn't very happy when I moved out of the house. He teases me constantly about being a liberal arts major in college, and not majoring in something "practical." He makes fun of me about U2, and about going out with my friends, and :blahblah:...I mean, you name it, he's got a comment. Or--even worse--he'll get this sour look on his face and be like, "Well, you're an adult, I can't stop you." So I know full well that he disapproves, even if he doesn't say anything.

I try to get closer to him, but it's hard when I don't feel safe enough to open up to him about what's going on in my life and how I feel about things. We've always used politics and hockey to keep the ball rolling between the two of us. And again, I don't want to give anyone the impression that he's not a good, kind man. But he can be hard to deal with.

So, anyway, Muggs, good luck. :hug:

VertigoGal said:
he gives me stern looks and acts like the parent on the "Parents: The Anti-Drug" commercial. He's such a hypocrite cos he used to smoke pot all the time.

Maybe you dad doesn't want you to repeat the mistakes he made :wink:

It hurts like hell when your father says inappropriate things to you, my advice is to try to talk to him about it now before it escalates. If you don't start standing up for yourself now, it will get more difficult. That's just my experience. Maybe you could write a letter if you can't say things-I did that once, I'm sure it didn't do any good but it made me feel better.

I don't know why some fathers do that to your daughters, when I was young I used to think it was just me..none of my friends ever had fathers like that. Or maybe they did and didn't talk about it.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
:hug: Sorry, Mugs, your dad needs a reality check. I'm sure his expectations of you are only adding to your stress. Can you get your own place or stay with friends for a while? Maybe if he sees how much happier you are with him out of the equation he'll see how much it's hurting you.

Some friends of mine have offered me their places, but my parents won't let me move out, cuz they say that it is not ok to live with friends in the same house, besides I don't have enough money to move out (many adult people has to live with their parents in this city). I tried to talk with my dad about getting my own place and he always says that I want to let my mom alone and that I'm a desconsiderate and selfish girl, that can't appreciate all the things that she does for me.

sometimes I feel like in a cage, my parents won't let me grow and I know is not good for me, but I just don't know how to make them see that I can lead my life with good choices. I've been always a good student and I haven't done anything stupid, so I don't know what else I can do to show them that i'm a adult.

I remember like it was yesterday when my dad asked me if I needed condoms or if I should be put on birth control :yikes:

OMG I feel sick just thinking about it. We had never discussed sex in our house and here he took me out back to have this talk with me. (we are catholic too)

Granted I was dating a guy who was less than desirable and I now understand his concern.

I'm sure your dad loves you and is uncomfortable dealing with the fact that you are growing up. :hug:

redkat said:
I remember like it was yesterday when my dad asked me if I needed condoms or if I should be put on birth control :yikes:

heh...when I started birth control I made sure to remind my dad it was for migraines b/c for anything otherwise, my bf would be paying for half of it :macdevil: My dad knows how I am about money so I think that got the point across.

At least YOUR dad didn't find your bag with a stash of drugs, a vibrator, and alcohol tubes in it!
It's a long story, but I had left my stuff in my parents storage.
Prior to the storage move, my friends thought it would be a gag to get me this huge ass vibrator as a joke, because they threw a nice elegant birthday dinner for me and had me open my present in front of like 20 people and it was a huge vibrator. Anyway I kept it.
I save small bottles of alcohol but I was living with a roommate who used to steal my alcohol so I stuffed it into a bag and put it into storage. And the drugs, well, they were left at my house from a party...and I kept them just in case they would be handy in the future.
:ohmy:

Mine got a call from the police regarding my knowledge of a drug lord in the area :yikes:
He took it very well I think.....
I think the hard part was him realizing that the knowledge came from me being dealt to.
But at least when he found out I was clean and had totally dropped the drug thing.
So when the police took me in for questioning he felt a little better. Yeah

Back
Top Bottom