Go Back   U2 Feedback > United Colours > Zoo Confessionals
Click Here to Login

Old 06-30-2005, 10:48 AM   #16
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by VertigoGal
he gives me stern looks and acts like the parent on the "Parents: The Anti-Drug" commercial. He's such a hypocrite cos he used to smoke pot all the time.
Maybe you dad doesn't want you to repeat the mistakes he made

Old 06-30-2005, 10:52 AM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

It hurts like hell when your father says inappropriate things to you, my advice is to try to talk to him about it now before it escalates. If you don't start standing up for yourself now, it will get more difficult. That's just my experience. Maybe you could write a letter if you can't say things-I did that once, I'm sure it didn't do any good but it made me feel better.

I don't know why some fathers do that to your daughters, when I was young I used to think it was just me..none of my friends ever had fathers like that. Or maybe they did and didn't talk about it.

Old 06-30-2005, 10:56 AM   #18
Refugee

Location: I live in colombia, with a box of watercolors and butterflies in my tummy
Quote:
Originally posted by LivLuvAndBootlegMusic
Sorry, Mugs, your dad needs a reality check. I'm sure his expectations of you are only adding to your stress. Can you get your own place or stay with friends for a while? Maybe if he sees how much happier you are with him out of the equation he'll see how much it's hurting you.

Some friends of mine have offered me their places, but my parents won't let me move out, cuz they say that it is not ok to live with friends in the same house, besides I don't have enough money to move out (many adult people has to live with their parents in this city). I tried to talk with my dad about getting my own place and he always says that I want to let my mom alone and that I'm a desconsiderate and selfish girl, that can't appreciate all the things that she does for me.

sometimes I feel like in a cage, my parents won't let me grow and I know is not good for me, but I just don't know how to make them see that I can lead my life with good choices. I've been always a good student and I haven't done anything stupid, so I don't know what else I can do to show them that i'm a adult.
Old 06-30-2005, 01:05 PM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:05 PM
I remember like it was yesterday when my dad asked me if I needed condoms or if I should be put on birth control

OMG I feel sick just thinking about it. We had never discussed sex in our house and here he took me out back to have this talk with me. (we are catholic too)

Granted I was dating a guy who was less than desirable and I now understand his concern.

I'm sure your dad loves you and is uncomfortable dealing with the fact that you are growing up.
Old 06-30-2005, 06:37 PM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by redkat
I remember like it was yesterday when my dad asked me if I needed condoms or if I should be put on birth control

heh...when I started birth control I made sure to remind my dad it was for migraines b/c for anything otherwise, my bf would be paying for half of it My dad knows how I am about money so I think that got the point across.
Old 06-30-2005, 07:07 PM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by pax
Or--even worse--he'll get this sour look on his face and be like, "Well, you're an adult, I can't stop you." So I know full well that he disapproves, even if he doesn't say anything.
Thats THE worst
My dad does that to me all the time
Old 06-30-2005, 07:12 PM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I can't wait to be a dad now...
Old 07-01-2005, 11:27 PM   #23
War Child

Local Time: 08:05 PM
At least YOUR dad didn't find your bag with a stash of drugs, a vibrator, and alcohol tubes in it!
It's a long story, but I had left my stuff in my parents storage.
Prior to the storage move, my friends thought it would be a gag to get me this huge ass vibrator as a joke, because they threw a nice elegant birthday dinner for me and had me open my present in front of like 20 people and it was a huge vibrator. Anyway I kept it.
I save small bottles of alcohol but I was living with a roommate who used to steal my alcohol so I stuffed it into a bag and put it into storage. And the drugs, well, they were left at my house from a party...and I kept them just in case they would be handy in the future.
Old 07-02-2005, 01:12 AM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Mine got a call from the police regarding my knowledge of a drug lord in the area
He took it very well I think.....
I think the hard part was him realizing that the knowledge came from me being dealt to.
But at least when he found out I was clean and had totally dropped the drug thing.
So when the police took me in for questioning he felt a little better. Yeah