my crush

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

love_u2_adam

Blue Crack Addict
Heaven In Alberta, Where We Got All Hell For A Bas
ok ive got a crush and he has a girlfriend and ive already told him that i like him and its making me sadder every time i think about it.
He said that he has a crush on me and ummmmm that made me like him even more and i an talking to him on msn right now and i told him some madeup story about why in sad and i need advice...
:help:

If he told you he has a crush on you, but he has a girlfriend, he doesn't seem like such a good boyfriend to have anyway. He'd probably end up doing the same to you.

You are a young person

Relationships are often pretty insignificant at that point and time,thoug sometimes they are not.

Keep your options open, but don't let this one instance ruin your day. Butthen again, maybe you should,so that you will learn from it.

Overall, it's not really that big of a deal, imo.

love_u2_adam said:
well all my friends think that having a boyfriend is every thing and i hang out with the popular girls and guys and i think that it gets old sometimes,we had a sleep over and they talk about guys till 3 in the morning!its getting old :|

good luck.

There are pros and cons to every choice you make. But I would always emphasize being yourself. IN all reality, if those girls are worth their metal, they would respect you for not going along with their endless discussions about "boys".

But that is up to you. ANd highschool and similar are strange places.

My suggestion, right now, would be to develop interests secular and separate to those girls, or school in general, so that you are not feeling obligated to live your life within the ups and downs of what happens in school. Perhaps you are already doing this though, I don't know. Ultimately.....

I just have to say I feel quite fortunate that I have graduated.

It may take some courage, but I believe if you want to, you can still have an enjoyable time with things and still maintain friendships with your current... friends. But.... you know more about the specifics of situations and rituals and statuses and so on and so forth. than I do. So it's up to you

It sounds like you need to get some new friends. I've changed groups a lot of times, and it is hard, but it can definately be worth it if you find people who you enjoy being around and feel comfortable with.

Still, I don't really know you at all, so I can't offer very much advice. I wouldn't focus so much on getting a boyfriend though. If your friends are bugging you about it all the time, tell them to get over it and move on. (I've found at my school the most interesting kids with the best taste in music are not in the cool group anyway. :wink: )

love_u2_adam said:
ok ive got a crush and he has a girlfriend

I think most people have been in that situation...it's difficult, but there really is nothing you can do. The only way you could be with him would be if they broke up, and you should play no part in that.

He said that he has a crush on me and ummmmm that made me like him even more

He shouldn't have said that, even if it's true. If he is with his girlfriend and has no intention of leaving her (I'm assuming), he is just giving you false hope and/or toying with your emotions. That should tell you something about him.

and i an talking to him on msn right now and i told him some madeup story about why in sad

Lying about things isn't going to help.

Look, like I said...I know it's difficult and can be painful...but if he's telling you that he also has a crush on you, and he already has a girlfriend...that's sleazy. You don't need a guy like that.

You should do whatever it takes to get him. Make sure you destroy his girlfriend's reputation. Embarrass her. Humiliate her. Even go as far as harrass her. Make her life a living hell. I've seen this in a lot of movies. Trust me. It's fun.

Ehh popularity... It's overrated. Haha! Being weird is where it's at! There are plenty of wonderful weird people. :wink: Take a look at me! ....err, no that was a baaad example. :eyebrow:

I think being popular is the antithesis of "cool" in my humble opinion. When people actively attempt to be popular and cool, they lose alot of themselves because really all popularity is now and days with the High School crowd is acting the same and liking the same things. Be yourself, that's a far more cool thing to do than being another mindless drone. There are far greater things for one to be stressed over.

Just keep your head up. Don't devote all your feelings into one person at such a young age because most relationships at that age are just about HAVING someone, rather than making a connection with someone. You'll find another crush, and then another, and another. And sooner or later a guy will ask you out, it's inevitable! I think... lol. It's life, full of ups and downs :yes:

I agree with Catlhere! 100%
But the kid is 14 and popularity is their world at the moment,unfortunately, my advice, warranted or not!
Listen to more U2 stuff especially the older stuff.:eyebrow:
:larry: :adam: :bono: :edge:

Great quote indeed, thank God I'm still one of the strange ones.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom