My concert confessions for the summer of 2004

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justified

Refugee
I am going to see 311 and John Mayer this summer. :yes:

Some of the people on this forum maybe highly offended by my choice of concerts this summer. :sexywink:

I am really excited about his concert. I saw his CMT Crossroads special with Brad Paisley the other night and it was awesome. :drool:

however, this 311 concert looks and reads as if it is a double date! :uhoh: 2 guys and 2 girls and one of those guys is the one I am fighting feelings for! :laugh: :tsk: only me. it should be a lot of fun though.

Oh don't feel bad, I'm seeing Train on Wednesday, and have already seen the Britney Spears tour in Orlando. I'm making up for all of this by going to the Curiosa Festival and seeing The Pixies.

:uhoh:

Hey I'm seeing Sarah McLaughlin and Simon and Garfunkel. Well, not together.

Not much of a confession.

But summers are for concerts! who cares who you see! Just see someone!

Oh, I forgot, I'm going to see Alanis and Bare Naked Ladies too.

:reject:

BUT! Much like yourself, I am making up for it with 4th row center seats to see the Pixies in Columbia.

:drool:

HelloAngel said:
Oh don't feel bad, I'm seeing Train on Wednesday, and have already seen the Britney Spears tour in Orlando. I'm making up for all of this by going to the Curiosa Festival and seeing The Pixies.

:uhoh:

Umm...but the real question is why on earth would you go to see Britney Spears?

indra said:

Umm...but the real question is why on earth would you go to see Britney Spears?

For the hell of it. And believe me, I got hell for it too. We broke down AS we got to the venue. The car was smoking and everything. I had gotten 6th row on the floor, so figured why not. I really have no excuses for myself. :eeklaugh:

Train is coming back to Atlanta soon, I want to see them again.

I saw them several years ago before they hit it big when they opened up for Better Than Ezra. I thought they were amazing and knew they were going to get very big. About a year later they blew up with Meet Virginia.

I'm seeing Sting this summer (sting=nummy fun) and have decent seats so I should be able to see sting sweat (if in fact sting does sweat) and a couple other concerts to start "training" for a new u2 tour

:drool: :heart: Damien Rice :sigh:

Actually, I am no longer going to the 311 concert. It is best if I cancel going to this concert because only drama will be created if I go.

:down:

nurse chrissi said:
I'm seeing Sting this summer (sting=nummy fun) and have decent seats so I should be able to see sting sweat (if in fact sting does sweat) and a couple other concerts to start "training" for a new u2 tour

:up: I too am going to the Sting concert! :heart:

Oh and to replace the 311 concert, I am going to see the Barenaked Ladies.

U2STW, i love your sig :love:

anyway, i've seen john mayer twice. once during the summer of 02, and another in like february or something of this year. the last time i saw them maroon 5 opened for them.

i don't consider john mayer to be teeniebopper or anything because he writes his stuff, is a good guitar player (he just started jamming in the middle of the concert), and stuff. it's not his fault that all these vapid teens like him because he's like sooo hot and umm stuff.

prince is playing here in about a week; i wish i could see him though. is that a confession? :D

Justified said:
Barenaked Ladies.
They should be sued for false advertising...its 5 fully dressed guys.

10,000 Mainiacs should have also been sued for same reason back in the day. I saw them open for REM a couple of times and there were only 5 of them and they were far from maniacs, very mellow in fact.

U2SavesTheWorld said:

Oh, I forgot, I'm going to see Alanis and Bare Naked Ladies too.

:reject:

My housemate and I talked about it since there is just nothing else even remotely interesting coming our way this summer and we figured we liked her enough to spend 20 bucks on lawn seats, and I love her early stuff, but then we listened to the new record and :no: It's really awful. I mean, it's so bad I can't find one good thing to say about it.

I am going to see the Vans Warped Tour including one of my fav bands Alexisonfire, and Billy Talent. Besides that I will be seeing the local bands play along with my band!

Hewson said:
They should be sued for false advertising...its 5 fully dressed guys.

10,000 Mainiacs should have also been sued for same reason back in the day. I saw them open for REM a couple of times and there were only 5 of them and they were far from maniacs, very mellow in fact.

Haha yes...Natalie Merchant said once that they were the group most mistaken for a heavy metal band.

Back
Top Bottom