My brother sold all my old Star Wars shit on ebay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
I am so pissed and hurt over this! We had collected stuff ever since the first movie as kids, and I know some of it was his, but a lot if it was mine too. Some stuff I had bought later myself, not just the stuff our parents bought. Also when Ep. I came out and they reissued some of the creatures I bought some up to save, just to have, not to sell, but for me and my kids and someday grandkids to have as novelties. I wanted to collect and keep them. He wants cash!

I know I have complained before about my greedy brothers, but this one isn't even the bad one! But as usual my brothers do whatever they want, justify it and blame anyone but themselves. I had a lot of the stuff that was mine, including books, coloring books and trading cards- in my mom's attic for safe keeping. When she moved just before she passed, I thought I had gotten all my stuff, but I guess some of it I thought had been taken to her new place was actually grabbed by my brother. He was indeed on an ebay rampage, even my older, meaner brother was having a fit that he didn't want to do work or carry anything, only find shit to sell on ebay.

I know for a fact that all the ones still in the carton were mine, because I had extra that I was saving. He just ripped them out and played with them. Well, I was over at his house the other night and he was trying to find a pic of his baby to print for me and as he ran through his documents, I saw the pictures Star Wars stuff, mostly mine, that he had scanned and put on ebay! That was my shit! But it didn't even really hit me until I got home and started thinking through it and remembering. Where was my Star Wars shit? Can't find it, he must have it! I don't know what to do. He is currently the only sibling I am speaking to (for good reasons) and I hate to have more hard feelings and controversy in the family but dammit that was my shit, and he had no right to sell it and disregard me and my feelings like that (but then again my siblings always do)

I knew he'd been selling toys for awhile and has bragged that a buyer in Dublin had paid over 100 bucks each for Star Wars figures still in original packaging (Bono?) But I never made the connection until I saw those scans and missed my stuff.

He has a kid now too, wouldn't he want to save it for him? He has a huge house and a very high paying job, and his wife is a special ed teacher, together they make 6 figures, so he does NOT need the money! I need the money, but you know what, I don't want to sell the shit, I wanted to save it forever :sad:

Should I say anything, or just go off and huff and consider the source?

I would ask him what he did with your things.
If he sold them as well, then he should give you some of the money.
Even if some of them were things that you shared as kids, he should have asked you before selling.
He may not even realize that he was being inconsiderate.

greeneyedgirl said:
I would ask him what he did with your things.
If he sold them as well, then he should give you some of the money.
Even if some of them were things that you shared as kids, he should have asked you before selling.

Exactly, that should go for everyone!

He may not even realize that he was being inconsiderate.

Unfortunately, that's how he is:|

My sister tea leafs from my room most days so when something goes missing I expect she has it in her room. It used to annoy me but now I just go and fetch the stuff when I need it. It's just material things, I can't take it with me when I'm gone.

But it didn't even really hit me until I got home and started thinking through it and remembering. Where was my Star Wars shit?

What's the big deal, really? He sold some things on E-bay. The fact you hadn't even gone looking for it doesn't really suggest you were overly attached to it and lived without it until now. My rule is, if I haven't looked at something for a few months I can live without it so I throw it out or give it to charity. I'm just creating mess if I keep it.

This isn't meant to sound harsh but at the end of the day what does it really matter? It's a few material posessions. You could have more important things to worry about. I know of someone who is dying of cancer now, he is friends with my Mum. If we even open our mouths to complain about something she's the first one to point out if he could get the strength to even walk outside his room he'd think himself lucky, if he was granted some extra time he'd be out making the most of his time with his family so we have nothing to complain about. She has a point, really.

i say you talk to him about it. one day in the future if you both have some argument and he pushes the wrong buttons, you might explode on him or something with this accidentally brought up. just ask him what happened to your stuff.

if my brother did that with my stuff.. :mad: i'd certainly be pissed too.

Sorry to hear about all the conflict. I think I would be very hurt if my brother or any member of my family did anything like that. He should have at least asked you about the stuff to see if you still wanted it before he sold it. :|

Yes you should say something, you should say: "Where the fuck is part of my money!?" And then ask WHY HE SOLD THAT STUFF WITHOUT ASKING YOU since it was yours and he didn't even needed the money and say how selfish and inconsiderate that was and how hurt you are. That's just sad. I HATE when people do this kind of stuff. I'm very sorry U2Kitten. :sad: :hug:

I realize that I am a really sentimental person, so if it were me, I would be really upset if someone sold something that I wanted to keep forever..........

For Honor said:
I realize that I am a really sentimental person, so if it were me, I would be really upset if someone sold something that I wanted to keep forever..........

That's it. :yes:

Plus the sick feeling and hurt because my siblings have a history of disregarding me as a person, and my feelings, and it happened again. And of course that it was his GREED for $ that made him not give a shit.

Thanks to everyone who understood :hug:

Lara Mullen said:
What's the big deal, really? He sold some things on E-bay. The fact you hadn't even gone looking for it doesn't really suggest you were overly attached to it and lived without it until now. My rule is, if I haven't looked at something for a few months I can live without it so I throw it out or give it to charity. I'm just creating mess if I keep it.

I know other people who have that attitude, but I don't. I'm very sentimental, and a huge packrat. I love finding stuff years later and going "Oh yeah I remember that!" I can't throw anything away that isn't actual garbage. But there is no way we can think of or play with everything we've ever had in our lives every day. In this case, it was the new Star Wars movie coming out that reminded me of my stuff and made me want to find it and show it to my kids. Remember too that HE hadn't thought of it in years either, so why does he have a right to take it without asking? No one should do that.

This isn't meant to sound harsh but at the end of the day what does it really matter? It's a few material posessions. You could have more important things to worry about. I know of someone who is dying of cancer now, he is friends with my Mum. If we even open our mouths to complain about something she's the first one to point out if he could get the strength to even walk outside his room he'd think himself lucky, if he was granted some extra time he'd be out making the most of his time with his family so we have nothing to complain about. She has a point, really.

Well I've had bad and heartbreaking things happen to me too. I lost my Dad in a terrible car crash, my Mom died because of a hospital mistake, and I've lost several friends and relatives to cancer. I've also lost pets in tragic ways had some very bad and depressing personal and financial problems. But just because there is bad stuff happening that is worse does not make every lesser thing insignificant! Things can still be bad just because something else is worse. It all matters in its own way, and no one should disregard or categorize anyone else's feelings or tell them what should and should not bother them. If we just let everything go, what's to stop people from shitting all over us again? We need to speak up and let them know how we feel and maybe they'll think twice next time.

Here's what you should do:
Go on ebay, bid on every item he's selling that you are certain belongs to you. Make sure you are the winning bidder. When he contacts you to pay, he'll realize its you, then you tell him the stuff is yours, give it back and don't sell any more of your stuff.

Hewson said:
Here's what you should do:
Go on ebay, bid on every item he's selling that you are certain belongs to you. Make sure you are the winning bidder. When he contacts you to pay, he'll realize its you, then you tell him the stuff is yours, give it back and don't sell any more of your stuff.

:ohmy: That would be great! :hmm:

Oh if I knew his ebay name and most of it wasn't already sold that would be great!

Should I come right out and tell him to show me anything else he intends on selling, and if it's mine I want to take it?

I think you should. He may not give it to you but at least he'll know that you didn't like what he did. But still, if it's yours than he must give it to you. And ask for part of your money from what he already sold that was yours. :grumpy:

U2Kitten how I adore thee...
I can relate to this, jerk brother, Star Wars collection, your childhood things sold...
I think you should just whomp him upside his head one good time.
Mabey that'll learn him. :wink:

If you can get some of your other stuff and keep his sticky hands away from it, then I would try that. Because chances are no matter what you tell him, he's not going to stop.

Lara Mullen said:
My sister tea leafs from my room most days so when something goes missing I expect she has it in her room. It used to annoy me but now I just go and fetch the stuff when I need it. It's just material things, I can't take it with me when I'm gone.

Just a flat out inconsiderate post. Period. Especially trying to justify it with terminal illness.

U2Kitten responded to your post much nicer, but really, not everyone feels the same way about everything. Don't tell someone else how they should feel.

Oh, BTW, U2Kitten, I am very sorry. :sad:

That sucks U2Kitten. That was a horrible thing for your brother to do to you. I think you should put up a hell of a stink over this, and tell him at the very least that he owes you money.

First of all, you need to tell him how you feel. He may not be aware that you are that attached to your old Star Wars stuff. It sounds like it's too late to get a lot of your stuff back, but at least if you make your feelings known the ball is in his court to do what he can to make it up to you. And it's a lot better than carrying around a lot of repressed anger.

Lara Mullen said:

Just because it is not something as bad as cancer doesn't mean U2Kitten doesn't have a right to be upset about it.

Yeah - like dr phil says

just because you have a broken ankle, and the guy next to you in a hopsital is getting his leg amputated

that doesn't take away from your pain. You still have to deal with your pain.

(speaking of pain, did that lousy SOB ever get the punch-in-the-face that he signed up for?)

lol - just kidding!

But at the same time, well all need to see the big picture and be thankful for what we do have.

Keep things in balance, though, that is important

daygloeyes2 said:

Just because it is not something as bad as cancer doesn't mean U2Kitten doesn't have a right to be upset about it.

I agree. It's really the principle of the matter.

My little bro used to piss me off as well. After my freshman year of college, I had to move home b/c I was working full time all summer, didn't have a car, and luckily my work schedule was the same as my dad's and I worked a few blocks from his office. So I moved home so we could carpool. Well, "home" as in my parents house for me was torture b/c I've never had a room of my own and moving back in after you've been gone for a year sucks. I used to share a bed (a regular bed, not a bunk bed) w/ my sis and didn't want to do that anymore since she wasn't really my cute little sis anymore, she has grown up while I was at school, so I slept on an old couch that a friend I met at college had given me. I had to get up at 6:45 and my lazy ass brother who was a sophomore in HS at the time did shit all summer and he would invite like 10 friends over and they'd sit in the basement and watch movies and grope each other until the wee hours of the morning. I would get so pissed sometimes I'd just leave and wander around in the dark until they were gone so I could finally get some sleep. To make a long story short, the point is that did this really hurt me in the long run? No, b/c I really can't complain having a roof over my head even if it wasn't middle-class America's ideal living conditions. Did it prove that my brother is a lazy, selfish, inconsiderate little shit? Yes.

The important thing is when you're pissed off and hurt, what do you DO about it. Just ranting online and not actually confronting the issue w/ the people involved will just make you boil inside till you burst. I made it quite clear to my parents and brother that I thought he was (usually intentionally) being as rude as humanly possible and I thought he was an absolute moron and promised never to come home again after that summer.

Thanks to everyone who posted kind words and support :hug: :hug: It means a lot. You're all great :hug:

I finally got him to give me back the books and comic books, but there was only one action figure left and he denied ever seeing the lunch box :sigh: I don't believe him, it probably got him about 500 bucks and he doesn't want to share :grumpy: I guess I'm lucky to get anything.

sorry to be so blunt but your brother is a bastard if he's sold stuff PART-OWNED WITH YOU and is refusing to split it. If the worst comes to the worst take something of his and sell it to make up for the money, it's all he deserves, really...! May seem out of order but it seems practical and FAIR! :|

U2Kitten said:
Thanks to everyone who posted kind words and support :hug: :hug: It means a lot. You're all great :hug:

I finally got him to give me back the books and comic books, but there was only one action figure left and he denied ever seeing the lunch box :sigh: I don't believe him, it probably got him about 500 bucks and he doesn't want to share :grumpy: I guess I'm lucky to get anything.

oh my... what a unconsiderate, selfish and /&%/&%/$" man... (sorry but I hate people who do that kind of things).

I'm the kind of person who would throw eggs at his house, kidnap his dog and send him an used baby diaper... but I wouldn't recommend that (that is not very Jedi from me :D).

:hug: I really think that he has to give you (at least) the half of the money and all your things.

Back
Top Bottom