My best friend moved away and I'm SO sad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Like O2

She wore graaaapes
My best friend moved to another town this weekend. We have been friends for 9 years. We met right before her husband was diagnosed with Leukemia. He is still with us, but as a result of years of chemothearpy, his kidneys failed a few years ago and he had to start going to dialysis three times a week. Then, because the dialysis weaken his system, he developed congestive heart failure. They also have three young, beautiful and very sweet daughters.

Anyway, they had no family here and decided that it was time to move "home" to a town where both of their families live.

I know this is the best thing for them and their girls, but I'm so sad that they are gone. My family helped them move over the weekend and spent a few nights in their new home, but it was so hard leaving them.

It's going to be a long, lonely summer without my dear friends.

Thanks for letting me vent. Interferencers are the best!

------------------
And we love to wear a badge, a uniform - And we love to fly a flag
But I won't...let others live in hell - As we divide against each other - And we fight amongst ourselves

[This message has been edited by Like O2 (edited 05-29-2001).]

I love you!!!
biggrin.gif

Awww,Like O2, that is so sad! It must be so hard for yah!
frown.gif
*Hugs*

------------------
~*Dream Out loud*~

Thank you, ya'll are so kind.

It may sound silly, but it really helps to know that ya'll care. You're really internet/interference
Angel_anim.gif

------------------
Like coming home, when you don't know where you've been...I need your love

Like O2~

Last summer, I moved 400 miles away from home after graduating high school, leaving my best friend I've known since 1st grade behind with all of my other friends. It hurts a lot being without friends, and I still have only made a few...but all is well. You always have us...(that IS supposed to be a comforting thought, okay?
biggrin.gif
)

------------------
"I Can Lose Myself, You I Can't Live Without"

Thanks again, you're all really great.

Bonochick, I feel for you moving away from your friend of 12 years. My friend who just moved was really my first good, after college, friend. You know what I mean? You have childhood friends, college friends and then your adult friends. If you are very lucky, you may have one or two of those people in your life from 1st grade to the grave. My husband is still best friends (in his mid 30's) with a guy he met in kindergarden. If it helps you any Bonochick, they spent about 7 years in different cities while in college and are still as close as brothers, Godparents to each others sons.

I know I will always be close with Donna (my friend), but it's just so different when you have to communicate via e-mail and the phone rather than running over to someone house, meeting for a meal, shopping for bathing suits (UGH!!) together. And it's particulary difficult to think about all the hardships she and her family will have because of her husband's illnesses. I'm just sick to be far away and not able to help like I could before.

Oh, you guys know what I mean and I sense I'm rambling....but bv said I could.

Hugs back to ya'll!

------------------
Like coming home, when you don't know where you've been...I need your love

Did I mention before that I love you???
biggrin.gif

U know what monty pyton say (Did i spell that right?
smile.gif
)
Always look at the bright side of life...!
chear up! U2 still alive and touring, Bono havent lot his hair by now and looks like he woun`t in the near future,Britney Spires is WAY OUT by now...I can go like that forever!

*keep elevating*

Your friend is truely blessed to have a friend LIKE YOU.
Well... there's always the phone...and email...and snail mail... and visits... and good thoughts... and ... other friends too.

Peace.
smile.gif

"Making a friend is in fact giving yourself a gift."

Thanks guys - I've made it one week, I guess the rest will all be smooth sailing, ha!

Memphis - You're right, Bono lush head of air is on the brighter side of life. I couldn't take it if he started wearing silly Edge hats.
Thanks again C4B, it's nice to know you OFFICIALLY care
wink.gif

And T C, SWB is gonna love me. I already run up a hugh bill talking to family all over the state, now this*!*

Back
Top Bottom