My back has been stabbed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meghan

Refugee
Last friday we (some friends and I) had a little party and had some drinks. Some drank more than others, and I happened to be one of the ones who got drunk.
While we were drunk a few of us girls started kissing. The kisses didn't mean anything, we were just having fun, expressing our love for eachother, maybe practising techniques. I'm not exactly proud of myself but it felt right at the time.
That DOESN'T mean that anyone has a right to go around telling the whole school that I'm a dyke. I would be angry if it were someone I didn't really have a friendship with, but for someone who's cried on my shoulder when others have deserted her to turn around and stab me in the back hurts me more than I can say.
And the worst part is that she did it either out of jealosy (she wanted some action at the party but didn't have the guts to join in) or for the stupidest reason of trying to gain more popularity.

Fuck you ******. I hope your new friends decide to keep you, cos none of your old ones will ever take you back.

Last edited:
That's so awful Meghan. I had a friend in high school that spread rumors about a friend in our group being a lesbian. Turns out the girl who spread the rumors is now the lesbian. Maybe your friend is just trying to feel better about herself. It's so wrong though. I'd probably yell at her. I hope things get better. Alleged "friends" are the worst. Good luck.

hey that sucks :S

something like that happened to me when I was in college... I didnt want to go out with a guy so he started to spread a rumor saying that I was a lesbian... he even wrote it up in one of the bathrooms :tsk: : It was awfull cuz there were people who believed that and some of them picked on me... even the guy who I'm dating know had some doubts about it :ohmy: .

People who spread rumors about others are usually moved by jelousy and they are unhappy with themselves... so don't worry girl :hug:

Last edited:
:hmm:

I'm glad I'm out of HS.

On one hand, that's what you get for getting drunk - you make some interesting decisions. Even if it feels good for the moment :shrug:

Onthe other hand, it's hard growing up.... relationships will always be strange, and changing, with friends and everyone else. I don't really have any advice to say.

What do you think you will take away from this experience?
What will you learn, or just remember?

For Honor said:
:hmm:

I'm glad I'm out of HS.

On one hand, that's what you get for getting drunk - you make some interesting decisions. Even if it feels good for the moment :shrug:
Fair call, but I don't think getting drunk makes me any less of a person or a justified target for this sort of treatment. (No one should be really.)

For Honor said:

What do you think you will take away from this experience?
What will you learn, or just remember?
I don't really know.... maybe just to make sure I can trust my friends. Maybe in time I'll figure out more.

And thank you all for your thoughts and sympathy :hug:
It feels good to get this out of my system.

That does really suck and I hope people realize that its not cool to judge you on what other say. But there is probably some truth to the girl spreading the rumors being jealous of you or feeling insecure about herself. Sorry that you have to deal with this, I remember how hard it was in high school. A guy I knew spread rumors that I was a lesbian, cuz I never dated guys at our school and I was good friends with a guy who was gay, so some how that made me a lesbian. Really it just made the guy spreading the stuff a big old jerk! :madspit: :hug:

And thank you all for your thoughts and sympathy
It feels good to get this out of my system.

Now.... if I were in HS, maybe I'd offer to beat someone up for you, just for fun.

:shrug:

Why not?

:D

I'm just kidding, of course...................
.....................I'm not really that way.......

( :macdevil: )

=======
==========

I'm sorry to make light of a serious situation. :|

Well what did she say about the other girls you were kissing? Obviously then according to her you must all be dykes. Call her bullshit, deny it once and then if she continues with it just say yeah she's right. I'm a dyke. You know you're not and even if you are/were who cares. Just be confident with yourself and people will respect that. The best defense would be to shrug it off. If you get really defensive about it then people will start to wonder. Then again who cares what other people think. You'll know who your true friends are by their actions.

So about this thing where you and the other girls were kissing.... what was that like. Can you describe it?:laugh: :wink:

Back
Top Bottom