More to Life...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
I love this place. All of Interference. Don't get me wrong. It just seems that, especially lately, there's more to life than this place. I love you guys...you're always there for me when I have a problem. You give great advice...

I spent quite a few days away from here last week due to school things. I spent time with my friends and with my boyfriend...things I hadn't done in a while. And I was sooo happy about it. It just made me think: I don't need this place ALL the time. I mean, I do sometimes, but not every day of the week. Instead of checking this place when I'm bored, I can be productive and do work, visit friends, spend more time on my dancing. And I still feel great.

If I don't post as much around here, it's cause I've realized that there's a wonderful outside world out there. If I still post as often, know that I don't feel as compelled to as I once did. (
frown.gif
?)

I suppose its a good thing. I don't want people to think that I'm bailing on you guys. I love this place.
smile.gif

But go ahead. Get out there. Get dirty. HAve fun.
biggrin.gif

------------------
*I can't see that thief that lives inside of your head
But I could be some courage at the side of your bed
I don't know what's happening and I can't pretend
But I could be your, be your...*

There seems to be alot of this going on these days. People soul searching and realizing what's important around them.

I think it's great personally. Maybe now with others feeling the same way as I do maybe I won't feel so out of touch because there will be more out there who are in the same shoes.

Enjoy

No need to apologize, ST, a lot of people are finding themselves in the same place of late. The past few weeks I haven't been posting as much, concentrating on things outside of the computer that make me happy and I think I'm better for it. Not that I don't love this place, more like I love the friends I've made here, but there's so much more to do in life that sit in front of a computer whenever you get bored.
smile.gif

(Not that I still won't do that, of course. lol)

Go do what makes you happy...we'll still be here when you get back!
smile.gif

------------------
Stay with the demons you drowned
Stay with the spirit I found
Stay and the night would be enough

You said it Sweetest Thing.

I posted something similar recently... and it seems that quite a few people feel the same way.

I dont need to post every hour of every day!! There's so much more to life than interference.

I've been feeling the same way, as well. I feel much happier when I'm away from the computer these days. Spring fever, I suppose, is part of it.
icon35.gif

------------------
"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

All of you make great points.

But I suppose I never took it that seriously. Don't get me wrong, I love this place, but I don't think about it when not at my computer. I post when I'm at my computer, but never any other time. Maybe it's because I'm not really personally involved here. I don't get into the Chat room, and only 2 of you have me on your Buddy Lists.. this is, unfortunately, by choice. This is because I am weary of strangers, and I never know who I'm chatting with really. Those of you I have met in person I greatly enjoy - and so my guard is down.

I enjoy all of you, but I just don't take this place any further than the time I spend on my computer for business. For Mods, yes, you all are head-deep in this place, and you do a fabulous job.

Yes of course there's more to life than Interference. There always has been.

------------------
Music, when soft voices die,
Vibrates in the memory;
Odours, when sweet violets sicken,
Live within the sense they quicken.

~P.B. Shelley

Back
Top Bottom