More Things I Hate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't change my name, I'd feel like a fraud, to be honest. Particularly since I have an ethnic last name and can't imagine myself as a "Smith" or some such.

A male friend of mine put it the best once: "I'm not changing my name, why on earth would I ask you to change yours?"

What really pisses me off is when a woman is referred to as (for example) "Mrs. John Smith." Like she doesn't even have her own first name?? :angry:

That grates on me as well. :angry:
I haven't changed my last name despite being married for six and a half years. To me it felt like I was abandoning my family in favour of his. Ridiculous I know. If we had children I may change my name just to make life easier but am not sure.
If we divorced at least I wouldn't have to change anything back to my maiden name :up:

i changed mine, not because i didn't like it or that i became goods or chattel, but because my maiden name was impossible to spell. i'm not a different person, so i don't really care either way what name i have. i'm more than a name and not definable by it. sometimes though, i do think back fondly of my old and excruciatingly rare maiden name.

I wouldn't change my name, I'd feel like a fraud, to be honest. Particularly since I have an ethnic last name and can't imagine myself as a "Smith" or some such.
I'm the same, I have an unusual wog surname, I have few relatives in Australia with the same surname and I don't have a brother to carry on this branch of the family tree. So I decided as a kid I liked my name and I didn't want to change it to some boring skip name. Prescient really, as my ex's name was a boring 5 letter skip name. Yay for not having to change it back after the divorce!!!! :happy:

:lol: That's a nice one too!

I know another funny one but I'm not typing it here for the sake of everybody being able to google it and find that post.

Let's just say it's very very close to Fuck.

One of my colleagues has told us some great Dutch surnames.

I love my very common surname but I will be changing it when we get married. I thought about a double-barrelled name but our surnames together sound really odd.

Oh you'll find surnames here that are Dutch for Brussels sprouts, born naked, poopy, that kinda stuff. :wink: Serously, when you're bored, all you do here is open the phone book and laugh your ass off.

Oh you'll find surnames here that are Dutch for Brussels sprouts, born naked, poopy, that kinda stuff. :wink: Serously, when you're bored, all you do here is open the phone book and laugh your ass off.

Man if my surname meant "born naked" I'd definitely have never changed it!!!!!! :cute:

Man if my surname meant "born naked" I'd definitely have never changed it!!!!!! :cute:

:lmao: Oh believe me, you WOULD! So many people have changed their name already because their kids are being bullied so badly otherwise!

:crack: I HATE being so bloody clumsy. I just dropped my miso soup on the table/carpet cause my cat jumped in my lap. :grumpy: Bye bye lunch.

I haven't changed my last name despite being married for six and a half years. To me it felt like I was abandoning my family in favour of his. :

I kept my maiden name as my middle name. Now I have 4 names since my first middle name was given to me when I was adopted (my birth mother's first name). Names are important.

I've asked my husband to take my maiden name as his middle name to symbolize him becoming a part of my family. He said he would. Maybe for our 10th anniversary (this week) he finally will :lol:

Not knowing whether or not I'm actually getting a ride in to work tomorrow morning. :crack: He asked me to email him today to remind him, but I never heard back about what time he'd be at my house. Crossing my fingers that he comes at a decent time, otherwise I'm stuck. :lol:

How'd it go?

Being the only sober one :lol:

It's still too early here. :) I would assume he'd be here in half an hour to an hour. If not, then I'll probably just call a cab or something. We'll see...

I hate when people attempt to communicate with me in any way during Lost :yell:

:hi5: Totally! Normally I don't get any calls, but if I do, I check the caller ID. Most of my friends/family know not to call me when it's on, unless it's during a commercial break, and they talk quickly. :giggle:

^ :lol: . . . . :hug:

drinkers remorse is a funny ole beast . . . recollections tend to shove their way through the fog and shake you when you least expect it . . . go easy on yourself though :) . . . and if all else fails just poke fun at yourself first, before anyone else can get in with some smart arse comment . .. we're all human and letting down your hair from time to time is a fabulous fabulous thing :)

^Amen.

And being the only one drunk at a party. That's always rather embarrassing the next day :|
:yes: this too, it's happened to me a few times, it was worse when i had to go to school on monday as well :doh:
^ :lol: . . . . :hug:

drinkers remorse is a funny ole beast . . . recollections tend to shove their way through the fog and shake you when you least expect it . . . go easy on yourself though :) . . . and if all else fails just poke fun at yourself first, before anyone else can get in with some smart arse comment . .. we're all human and letting down your hair from time to time is a fabulous fabulous thing :)
oh, i've perfected this art :lol: self-deprecation is my middle name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom