MooMoo's annual "A year older and still no boyfriend" thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mysterious_jen said:

"i cant get a job and and i cant meet people"

you get what you give in the universe. change your thinking and things will change for you but stay away from bars. the guys there are :yuck: .
I ment more I cant meet anyone at work like some people do, as I dont have a job. (Although cant still comes into it, Ive been looking for a year at least. :mad: )

Re: Re: MooMoo's annual "A year older and still no boyfriend" thread

unico said:

but your location??? :scratch:
If you're referring to my profile location.

Its a place.

A real place.

Its also the biggest contradiction of a name known to mankind. :|

And I live here.

I should point out though, Im not from there, Im from England, and I want to move away ASAP cos I cant stand it here. :scream:

Re: Re: Re: MooMoo's annual "A year older and still no boyfriend" thread

MooMoo! said:
If you're referring to my profile location.

Its a place.

A real place.

Its also the biggest contradiction of a name known to mankind. :|

And I live here.

:giggle: It is kind of funny if you think about it, though.

It is, its also ironic. :lol:

But yeah, I spose being on an island doesnt really help. You dont really get a very wide variety of people. to give an idea, the population is about 75,000

you are only 18, so you've got time and I know it sucks to hear that, but trust me. I was in the same boat and it was because I wasn't like other girls around here----which came down to being wild.

Once I hit 20/21 and was in college and started getting more serious boyfriends and went through all the bf/gf crap, only THEN did I realize that it really was their mistakes and not my own.

I've had 3 different guys come back to me all at different times and tell me that they wished we were still together because they knew we'd be married/engaged and moving toward our future.
I've also had "guy friends" tell me that I'm the marrying type and not the dating type and thats why I didn't date guys growing up.

Yeah....it sucked at the time and I took offense to it, but now that I'm 26 I kind of understand it a bit more. However it's not like I'm sitting at home baking pies and being all June Cleverish on my husband.

We go out, we party, we're young and we have fun. That doesnt have to stop once you're married. Other couples just chose to go that route, is all.

Kiki said:
I've also had "guy friends" tell me that I'm the marrying type and not the dating type...

Can someome explain to me what this means?

I've heard this numerous times, not only directed at me, but a countless number of my friends (guys and girls) have either said it or been told it. I never got a straight answer as to what the heck it means! :shrug:

I never understood it at the time, but I understand it a bit better now that I am married.

Alot of my girlfriends, before they got married, were all about what the guy would do for them and "buy me this, buy me that" and really had no interest in making a "home". I've always loved kids and taking care of people and yeah, I like it when my husband takes care of me and can provide for us as well, but alot of my girlfriends have always been on the kick of "make your own dinner! Wash your own clothes. Pay your own bills, etc."

now I'm not saying I'm trying to date women back hundreds of years and I dont think that's what these guys were saying either, but yes where as I work hard, I know my husband does too.

It's taken some work getting him to understand that I need to be acknowledged for the things I do too, and that at the end of the day I'm tired as well; but at that time in my life the guys I had dated knew that I probably wasn't the first person to go out and drink all night long, at that point.

I don't know why, but I guess I'm one of those people that sort of did things a bit backwards. I wanted to find that person I would fall in love with and I wanted to get married and start a life with that person.

Now that I am married to that man and we have our life together and are working for our future--NOW I'm going out and having fun and "livin it up".

:shrug: I guess thats just how it works sometimes.

MooMoo! said:
I may make an event of it.

Apart from a doomed from the beggining online "thing" and getting kissed by some random guy, Ive had no man action in any sense. Ever. :|

Im working on it, Im just anti social so I never get out into "man" country. Or even civilisation. Whatever.

anyway, do share if you're in the same boat. :wink:

:hug: I'd kiss you. But where both girls and I don't swing that way. :(

Hang in there. I know whats it like to be isolated from similar minded people. Eventually someone will roll into town, or you'll roll out of it.

Back
Top Bottom