Missing person

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My grandfather passed away a few hours ago.

At the beginning of this thread I talked about how much he loved the outdoors, which really played a significant role in his demise. They took him out to the gardens of the long term care home where he was staying because it was a beautiful fall day and he died outside in his wheelchair. I very much feel like it was fate and it strangely makes me feel better to know that this is how he went, surrounded by nature and very peacefully.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers and support on this thread. He was my last grandparent, the last of the Mohicans so to speak. My birthday is actually tomorrow and I feel lucky that I got to have him for nearly 32 years. He was a great man - it was a pleasure to have known him and learned so much from him. :heart:
I am very sorry to hear this :sad: I remember losing my grandfather a few years ago... and while we were not nearly as close as you seemed to have been with yours, I remember us talking, really talking for what seemed like the first time, for a good couple of hours the night before his death, and then leaving with a promise to come back the following morning and continue our chat (naturally, that did not happen). He was actually a really cool guy, and I sincerely wish I had been more mature in my younger years to fully appreciate the man while he was with us. For someone who was never particularly close with his grandfather, his death left a heavy impact on me - not necessarily in the beginning (though I was definitely bereaved), but with the interactions of all my relatives now; I'd say I'm definitely a lot closer to them.

It's clear you loved your grandfather very much, and for that, I am truly, deeply sorry for your loss. You seem to have a strong head about you as you describe his passing not of sorrow (of which I'm sure you feel), but in peace. He left this earth surrounded by the thing he loved; it's certainly something all of us can hope for.

Again, I hope you're doing well and handling the situation as best as anyone can. Happy birthday, anitram, and take care :hug:

:hug:

Sorry to hear about your loss, anitram!

Back
Top Bottom