Michael Hutchence, Bono, Freddy Mercury..........oh and me2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cass

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Just a day for remembering
Just a day for listening
Just a day for celebrating

I'm not sure which it is....but there it goes again musiclovers. Two majorly sad anniversaries this weekend, Michael the beautiful boy and my beloved beautiful voice before the other beautiful voice hit town.....you two, Freddie and Bono, my two favourite singers. I'm not being too morbid or stuck in the moments of the past, but Freddie and Michael were a cut above the rest imho...and I mourn their loss and celebrate their life and work.
So in the middle of this , those lovely godsofmusic&TVland have sent me Bono...not U2, just Bono , taking the chance to put the spotlight on some kids in Africa instead of his guitarist/friend. (R& H reference there)
I have read here in th eforum about so many of the events that U2 have participated in over the past two years, musical, political , spiritual, but not that many of them make their way free to air in Oz. But today it has ...and I am grateful. And for once (or a few million times) I am grateful to have a solar-powered house. Unexpected power outages aren't a problem . At 2.30 today Oprah, Bono,..................and me:wink: (thanks again ramblin' rose for pointing it out to me)

I'm just ...well just, mixt emotions, u know.
I should have left this to someone who loved Michael too and is more coherent. Perhaps I've tied too many things together here and ended up with a tangled mess. I can't help but be excited about hearing about DATA today on Oprah, but it is such a coming together of events...I think I'll be slidin' away from the internet on Monday...that adds to my sense of 22-11-2002 being the beginning...all those 2's. I think of 2 as my lucky number.

with every single beat of my heart

5 years since Michael Hutchence passed...I confess, I've had too much to drink tonight and am I trying very hard to type nice and slow so I don't muddy this up because I still miss Hutch very much. I remember first seeing him perform at a music awards show on TV when I was about 7 years old, and I just thought he was fabulous. I've loved him since and was heartbroken when I found out about his death. He was so beautiful, and I still wonder what more we could have experienced from him. He still touches my life though.

I hope that all came out right...and that I didn't spell too many things wrong...

I'm sure Freddie & Michael sincerely believed that

the show must go on.
A great loss yes, but they left such a legacy and are inspiring so many. I love music so much...in all it forms.
Yesterday I was looking for space on a video tape to save Bono's Oprah appearance. I was looking on the QE2/s birthday concert, stopped at random and saw Phil collins on drums. Paul MaCartney on piano and Eric Clapton on guitar (no one notices the bass player:sexywink: ) playing"my guitar gently weeps" BRAVO!Then some fond fond memoroies of the World Cup soccer I had taped and then Shakira..go girl.Bono required a new tape, away I go again.
This morning I decided to get up early and tape Kasey Chamber's song, as it is about to disappear off the chart.I love the clip that goes with it. I also got Bjorks' it's in our hands, Wyclef jean and claudette, RHCP Zephyr Song and U2 Electrical Storm(again ...always room for u2, they can pop up repeatedly , at random on my tapes.)
I LOVE IT!! the show has gone on freddie...ppl like Bono have the vision.....let's hope other's join in their song.

daisybean :hug:
LMPA, BC:love:

martha, it's true, the ocean is vast. I'm a good swimmer....but not that good. You'll just have to get your sweetself down under, when the Aussie high rollers have a get together. A few shrimps, a few bundies...some mad:dance: have you tried pavlova? (another egg dish...chooks keep aussie's going in the lean times...they do) or lemon myrtle milk or lillypilly jam?Come in the autumn...it's delicious:wave:

I'm still here?Another mixt day

Celebrating my baby's day..that's good
Saw the Bishop on the front page of today's newspaper...what's he up to? I LOVE Bishop "hippy" huggins and so look forward to what he writes.
He's RESIGNED!!that's not good. Family reasons...fair enough, I understand that.
But he will still be missed:( :sad: :(
Apart from anything else...he's into lemons!!
I think I mentioned him in the "Read Out Loud" topic. No one else is prepared to speak on behalf of the people he does or say the things he does....what a loss:(

other than that its' quite a groovy day
PEACE musiclovers :wave:

Back
Top Bottom