MERGED->I dont know how all you long distance girls do it + Something I dont undrstnd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

She Is Raging

Refugee
I dont know how all you long distance girls do it...

I dont know how you all deal with these long distance relationships...

My boyfriend only lives 10 minutes away, and I miss him so much right now I could burst. :( He moved home out of the apartment with his friends so that he could save money so we could get engaged etc... I just miss having him with me at night and seeing him inthe morning before I go to work.... since 99% of the time I used to stay at his old apartment. I know it's only temporary.... but I dont sleep well anymore :( It just sucks so bad....!!!!

I agree. I miss my baby when I dont see him, and I see him "plenty".

John is in Virginia, and I'm in Michigan. We haven't seen each other since May.

I miss him so damn much. :sad:

We're hoping to see each other again in May or June...it's hard though...it sucks to be apart from the one you love. :(

You get used to it.

ahh hell, who am I kidding, it's hard as hell. :crazy: Thing is, this has been the story of my life pretty much always. Someone is always leaving/going somewhere, and sometimes it's me. I don't know how to be in a relationship with someone you can see regularly. :crack: Popping in after work is like a dream. Hopefully one I'll experience in a few short months... :heart:

There is also a lot of this--> :drunk: to get you through...

all of the guys that i have had a serious relationship with have lived far from me. i have no idea why, but i am always attracted to those who don't live near me. :huh:

all i know is when you finally are able to be with your S.O. the time is amazing. you never want to leave eachother for a min and life seems perfect for a bit. *sigh*

One thing that is hard are dreams I have about him coming here...or even being here. I had a dream the other night that John had called me up and said he was going to be coming into town that night. I was so excited...but then I woke up...and it took a minute for it to sink in that he was not really coming. Or sometimes I'll dream about just lying in bed with him, snugglin' and talkin'...then I wake up and roll over, expecting to see him next to me...and he's not...then it hits me that it was just a dream. :sigh:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
But just think, Kath, you guys are much better off than some people. :slant: And this is something he's doing for the future, so that you two can be together all of the time! :hug:

It'll be ok, girl, just hang in there. :)

I know... it just sucks still. People do say that too me a lot, and I know it's all for a good cause, but it just makes me miserable. Like last friday night - he was on call. I got out of work late, and since he has to stay near work in case, by the time I got to his house I would have pretty much had to leave because I cant stay over there (unless I want to sleep on the couch!) with his parents there. So I ended up not seeing him at all - and I was looking forward to it all day because I was having such a shitty day at work.

Anyways... :D Thats my shpeel for now!

awww:hug: to everyone! i have no understanding of what you all are experiencing bc i have never been in a long distance relationship or even a relationship at all!! All i can say is hang in there bc the outcome will be worth it!!!

adamswildhoney said:
All i can say is hang in there bc the outcome will be worth it!!!

That's what I keep telling myself. I mean, I won't lie...I sometimes thought that maybe we should call it quits...but the more I thought about it, the more I realized I don't want to have a life without him as an intricate part. A few years apart in exchange for the rest of our lives together isn't that bad of a deal.

In a way, I'm kind of glad my first relationship is a long-distance one. I'm really, really shy and insecure, and sometimes I push people away because I'm afraid to trust anyone. It's nice to know that someone loves me enough to still want to be with me even when we can't see each other very often. My fiance and I have excellent communication and can tell each other anything since talking is the only thing we can do when we're on different continents.

It's hard, but more than worth it. :)

i'm just glad i'm no longer in a long-distance relationship anymore. he moved here and we got married! :D

it does suck though, to be so far apart. all i can offer is to just look at when you'll be seeing him next.

Awwwwwww, how cute! :hug:

The man I'm in love with lives a thousand miles away and might have a girlfriend, so I'm feeling the pain along with all of you. Sigh. Here's to no unrequited love in '03. And lessdrinking. I swear.

The feeling I get when I come home and hear his voice on my answering machine, makes it all worth it. *Sigh...

Here's to a good year ahead, and the possibility of love.

being apart from the one you love, who is so far away, hurts like hell. You walk along seeing people holding hands in the malls or anywhere and thats when you remember the times of holding her hand and when you reach for her hand ...and you are still daydreaming....it brings you crashing back to reality that she is not there and it hurts you deep inside. I know that we will be together for the rest of our lives but i still miss you Bonochick....every day:sad:

Sparkysgrrrl said:
But honey, think of the money you save on phonebills!
We won't even get into how much money I blew till I came out here

:reject:

True. on the other hand, every minute was worth it. Maybe. Except of quarrelling and blah blah I mean. But anyway, it was worth it. Really.

drgnwolf1969 said:
being apart from the one you love, who is so far away, hurts like hell. You walk along seeing people holding hands in the malls or anywhere and thats when you remember the times of holding her hand and when you reach for her hand ...and you are still daydreaming....it brings you crashing back to reality that she is not there and it hurts you deep inside. I know that we will be together for the rest of our lives but i still miss you Bonochick....every day:sad:

When will this be, 2gether for rest of lives? Give me an exact date.

Last edited:
whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:
Why don?t you know?

Because I just finished college (as soon as I get this bullshit sorted out...they won't give me my degree...), and I'm unemployed, and he's still in college with a crappy job, and we both still live at home...we pretty much have nothing to our names. Who knows when we'll be able to afford to move and get our own place? :| :(

There are possibilities how you can work it out, I think.

So, lets see: you have finished college and are waiting for your degree. I don?t know if you have to go to your college everyday, but I doubt that. Maybe you have to check every two weeks or so (and if more frequent, you could check by phoning, or someone else could go fetch it/ check it for you).

So, nothing keeps you from moving into his town, except for the money. If he still lives w his parents, I can understand you don?t want to stay there to live with him - a good new start includes an own place. But you know, it doesn?t have to be big. It could be a small room with kitchenette and bathroom you can rent. They?re not that expensive. And maybe your parents or other relatives could support you a little?

The rest is easy. For food, you won?t really spend more than before; you could eat lots of pasta with different kinds of sauces, they?re not expensive.

Now, if he?s still in college, he can?t move. But you can. And you could go to search for another crappy job in his town! That makes two crappy jobs, but its fine for a start. The most important thing is that you are together. If you always wait for the perfect possibility, you probably will wait too long. You can?t expect that he finishes college, then all of a sudden finds a great job in your home town (or vice versa), and then you buy your first flat plus car.

Go for it. Just my 2 c. The rest will work out, you can build up all your life together, and in a few years you?ll have a beautiful flat and some more comfort as well.

What do you think?

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:

Now, if he?s still in college, he can?t move. But you can. And you could go to search for another crappy job in his town! That makes two crappy jobs, but its fine for a start. The most important thing is that you are together. If you always wait for the perfect possibility, you probably will wait too long. You can?t expect that he finishes college, then all of a sudden finds a great job in your home town (or vice versa), and then you buy your first flat plus car.

I agree. It's easier said than done, but if you wait too long, a lot of things can happen. If you two can't stand being away from each other, then the only thing left to do is be together.

Actually, there are a couple things keeping me from moving right now...

I made a commitment to Big Brothers, Big Sisters for a minimum of 1 year...that goes until June. Though I would REALLY hate to ditch my little sister after that...she was on the waiting list for 3 years before we got matched up!!

I also am worried about leaving my dad alone here. I know he could get by fine, but since my parents got separated, I just worry about him. I don't want him to be alone here.

Mom...on the otherhand...moved away...and she's actually living only 5 hours away from John now, coincidentally. She's offered to buy me a plane ticket so I could visit her and then go see John...but if I go out there, that would be supporting the fact that she moved away, which I cannot do. :|

further evidence that i'm a freak

For me, the ideal relationship is when he's at least an hour away. "I need my space, man." But that seems to be changing. The latest is only 25 minutes and so far I'm breathing okay.

Hi Kathleen :wave: Hope things are getting easier for you. One of these days we should get together, go out in Boston or something. As far as being apart, it totally sucks and I try not to think about it alot (is that possible?) but.. I guess it comes down to having faith that it'll work out and taking plenty of drugs (meaning: friends, books, movies, U2, U2, U2) ;) It'll get ya by and soon time will have flown and you'll be together again!

:hug: to all!
~Carrie

Back
Top Bottom