MERGED->I dont know how all you long distance girls do it + Something I dont undrstnd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You GO boy!:wave:
Feck skepticism.
That would only get in the way of what might have been....and trust me, you don't want to go there.:der:
Live. Love. Live more. Love more.
You won't regret it. *mwah*

Thank you, Larry MullensPOPAngel.

We think so too!!! And we?re happy!!!

I don?t get enough sleep and should be learning - but how could I.

People at work tell me my face is always smiling. They can see it. Everything is great. Life is great.

skeptics are people living in fear. people who doubt are ignorant. and those who refuse to believe are as blind as a man blinking into the nevada sun.

nine thousand miles. i would bet my life that we are kinder, more respectful, and more loving toward each other than most people sharing bedrooms...

i did a long distance relationship once. it was hard and did not last. immaturity and lack of trust tore us apart. i say more power to HipHop and Bonosgirl84 for being willing to work against the odds. just let us know when you are going to tie the knot. ;)

bravo Bonosgirl84 for snagging the big flirt. ;)

bonosgirl84 said:
nine thousand miles. i would bet my life that we are kinder, more respectful, and more loving toward each other than most people sharing bedrooms...

Thank you, love.

lara: i'm glad that you are not living in fear...it's a horrible way to live. now, dear, let's not argue...i am much too full of joy and love to trade nasty comments back and forth...i'm sure you are a wonderful girl...

missvelvetdress: thank you. i'm not sure exactly how i did it, but thank you...

Dearest Love,

Maybe I?m just getting what I earned, I don?t know...?

You surely don?t have to apologize. Me neither, I think.

How you "snagged" me?

It was your humor and your recklessness first.

Then, it was your charme.

Then, it was your intelligence, your wit, your interest.

Fourth was this wonderful warmth and care in your soul.

Then, it was your mysteriousness.

After that, I was chosen to see your beauty.

Seventh, your honesty.

And your confidence.

I wonder whats next.

Kisses

whenhiphop

Something I don't understand

Now I'm not saying this to be mean, or pick on anyone, or start some type of fight, I'm just curious. All you people who have found love online....I don't understand how you can fall in love with someone you haven't really met in person. I'm not meaning that to sound superficial, it's just I find it hard build that strong of a relationship with just words on a screen. Considering the anonymous nature of the internet...Anyone can say anything to get the other person to believe it. I guess my question is, what made you trust that other person enough? Perhaps it is just my cynical nature...I tend to keep online people at "arm's length," because it's really hard to tell if someone really is who they claim to be.

I agree. :reject:

Things are just a hell of a lot different in person.
I speak from experience.
I guess I am just one of the ones that had a bad experience.

I talked to John for 4 years before we met face to face.

I don't know...we just had a feeling...we knew that we were at least the best of friends, and we cared about each other deeply. We decided that we had to meet and see if it was real.

We weren't automatically assuming we'd be in love though...we were hoping, but we did keep in mind that we could end up not hitting it off. Luckily, it worked out though. :)

It's hard to understand unless you've been in the situation.

Last edited:
Bonochick said:

It's hard to understand unless you've been in the situation.

:yes:

I always thought it was it was kind of shady to meet someone online and it was something I'd NEVER, EVER do until I met Sam. I'm really a very cautious person and don't trust many people, but somehow I trusted him from the start. We also talked on the phone a lot before we met, so I think that helped somewhat, but I already knew how I felt about him before he first called me. :shrug:

i have only dated one guy that i met online and that was years ago. he and i dated for 3yrs. we only exchanged a few posts on a bbs and decided to call eachother. it was easier that way. we talked for about a mth before we met. lol come to find out he went to my college and lived 1 block away from me. :der: but i have met many friends from online. i have known many to meet their spouses thru online dating services. i dunno i guess it works for some people. :shrug:

:heart:

you guys gave me chills. :hug:

you have to always believe in love. without belief, what is there?

I have done it, and it didn't work out for me. It was over a year ago and I thought I was so in love. When we met, I think I pushed myself too hard to see sparks and then we parted so quickly there after. Back to the emails... We never talked on the phone which was a big mistake. You can learn so much more about a person from the phone, but of course, there is nothing like in person interaction. I dunno... I feel you tend to idealise the person too much. Create in your mind what you want to create... and therefore, it's not really real. Read in their emails what you want to read, but not what is necesarily true. That's what happened to me anyway. I believe it can be done, and I believe that alot of you here have a 'real' relationship.

I know you hear me talking about a 'guy' who lives far away, but it's not really a relationship and we never met online. It's a strong friendship right now that I hope turns into something even stronger in the future, but only time will tell. We actually met on the phone, lol. Without giving away too much, we work for the same company and had to deal with eachothers dept. alot. Anyway... we have since met in person, and spent a week together. It's been six months (since it started, not since we were together) and we still chat everyday and talk on the phone every other week (outside of work). It's an interesting situation. I like him alot, but can't obviously up and move my world based on what we have shared so far. I mean, I guess I could... but it has to be for more reasons as well, because the reality is it could possibly not work out.
Sorry for the ramble... NO one reads long posts, lol.

So I guess to answer your question daisybean, it really depends on the person, and what works for that individual. One of my closest friends met online and are married. Personally, I believe it can be done, but as long as it's not drawn out. Meet online, ok, but then meet in person within a decent amount of time (if, you are hoping for romance), then go from there. I don't know how long distance online people do it for years and years and years. I'd go insane.

This thread is interesting.

One time, I sweared to myself I would only fall in love when there aren?t all those distance problems. But you can?t decide, can you. Love touches you, Amor shoots without being reasonable.

I think calling helps a lot. And I agree with Angel, to meet after a decent amount of time is important.

Sicy, I am not sorry your internet story hasn?t worked out, bc I know that now you have found him for real. Be happy you two are so near to each other. Maybe internet was just part of your way of life, for learning about love,... is there anything to learn, shouldn?t we just feel?

I think a lots of actual chances depend on similarities, on the same interests, and so on, like in every normal relationship. I don?t think the internet makes a "bad" difference, i think it just opens a lot of more possibilities for "distance lovers", oh how I hate this word, to communicate.

And when love really grows and gets deeper and deeper, it depends that steps for an actual future together are made soon enough; there is no sense in waiting for very many years.

One problem is that one of the two has to sacrifice more than the other person, and this clearly depending on lifestyle and future plans of both.

So, first we have to give it a certain amount of time, meet, meet again, and by then things have to develop; a relation shouldn?t be stuck somewhere, we have to give it lots of "real" place to prosper.

Anyway, I?m just feeling like in seventh heaven. I am so happy, and we will have all the time of the world to think around, now I just want to enjoy this marvellous Electrical Storm.

Meegannie and Bonochick, can you tell me more?

Back
Top Bottom