MERGED --> Has anyone here dealt with Depression? + What are the symptoms of being...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great to hear about the visit to the hospital, lady luck, and your friend I am sure is feeling so blessed to have you in her life. It could very well be the drugs that seem to make your friend somewhat subdued, quiet, kind of a bit of a shadow of herself. I just know from taking the anti depressant and it was a mild one, that compared to how I am feeling now weaning off of it, I feel so much clearer in my head and over all feeling. I would hope that your friend can get out of the hospital soon, I am sure the doctors are taking good care of her and will know when she is ready. Until then and even after that time continue to be supportive of her. You will be greatly rewarded one day.

:hug:

I just knew that my friend will be in the hospital for another 2 weeks :|
I am scared coz I dunno how she's gonna get out of it...

Thanls Carek :)
I am only sorry I will not be able to go and keep her company coz I will be out of city :| .

Now that winter is over my "depression" seems to have gone with it. It's always like that every time winter comes. I hope for the best for all of you. If any of you need to pm me just to vent, please do. :)

I'm glad to hear that Jules! :hug:

The same is pretty true for me. I have SAD, so all the nice and sunny weather we've been having lately is like heaven. :heart: It's supposed to rain for a few days, but I know that summer is just around the corner. I can't wait! :)

Carek1230 said:
Great to hear about the visit to the hospital, lady luck, and your friend I am sure is feeling so blessed to have you in her life. It could very well be the drugs that seem to make your friend somewhat subdued, quiet, kind of a bit of a shadow of herself. I just know from taking the anti depressant and it was a mild one, that compared to how I am feeling now weaning off of it, I feel so much clearer in my head and over all feeling. I would hope that your friend can get out of the hospital soon, I am sure the doctors are taking good care of her and will know when she is ready. Until then and even after that time continue to be supportive of her. You will be greatly rewarded one day.

:hug:

Just to let you know... my friend is out of that sad place now and I met her last Sat. She looked a whole lot more and even if she's not recovered, she seems more quiet. We talked a lot and watched "A street car named desire" (we're both fan of Marlon..)
It was so great to see her "clearer"!!!

And as regards me... I was greatly rewarded coz I had the opportunity to spend three days with a person that meand really much to me!!:wink:

:(

Noticeable change of appetite, with either significant weight loss not attributable to dieting or weight gain.

Noticeable change in sleeping patterns, such as fitful sleep, inability to sleep, early morning awakening, or sleeping too much.

Loss of interest and pleasure in activities formerly enjoyed.

Loss of energy, fatigue.

Feelings of worthlessness.

Persistent feelings of hopelessness.

Feelings of inappropriate guilt.

Inability to concentrate or think, indecisiveness.

Recurring thoughts of death or suicide, wishing to die, or attempting suicide. (Note: People suffering this symptom should receive treatment immediately!)

Melancholia (defined as overwhelming feelings of sadness and grief), accompanied by waking at least two hours earlier than normal in the morning, feeling more depressed in the morning, and moving significantly more slowly.

Disturbed thinking, a symptom developed by some severely depressed persons. For example, severely depressed people sometimes have beliefs not based in reality about physical disease, sinfulness, or poverty.

Physical symptoms, such as headaches or stomachaches.

I was prescribed Zoloft when I was like in fourth grade, seriously. I took it until my sophmore year, I think, which was last year. I stopped because at that point I felt there was something actually causing my depression as opposed to simply a chemical imbalance, plus I don't think it was really helping me. It, uh, kinda doesn't work anymore if you overdose on it. Or so I've been told.

I think I'm still depressed though. I mean I'm not sad all the time but it seems at some point almost everyday I feel like shooting myself in the face. And I always feel guilty about anything good I ever get and paranoid that my friends don't really like me and I have no self-esteem, usually, and whenever I have a crush on anyone I hate myself more than usual. And I'm always changing my mind and I'm terrified of the future. I don't know how much of it is depression and how much is just typical teenage mood swings and anxieties or whatever. I cry all the time but I don't know if that's a chemical balance or if I'm just a pussy or what. I don't cry in front of people at least. In fact I don't usually act depressed or anything, so it doesn't exactly inhibit my day-to-day life, I still do well in school and all, and it's not that I'm never happy or anything like that, or that I'm always meloncholy. I just get depressed as hell a lot is all. I don't know if it's chemical depression or I'm-just-retarded depression.

AtomicBono said:
I don't know if it's chemical depression or I'm-just-retarded depression.

have you ever thought of going back on Zoloft? maybe back then you thought it wasn't helping because you weren't getting the right dosage? my therapist told me that usually when something like that happens (when someone comes off their meds too quickly) then the depression comes back. and from the way you tell it, it really doesn't seem like you have a 'I'm just retarded' depression. do your parents know how you feel? I'm sure you could also talk to your doctor about it too.

--

I haven't updated for a while on here, but I guess some new stuff came up with me that I just wanted to say. I got part of my psych eval. done last thursday, and the psych. said she wanted to see me again this week (so I'll be completing the second half of my evaluation this week). she said after we get through the psych eval. she wants to put me on meds.

I guess I'm looking forward to the medication process cause I'm eager to get this feeling off of me, but at the same time, during the eval. she made it sound like I had symptoms for something else? I'm overly concerned about that :|. before I left the doctor's office though, she mentioned that there was a possibility that I have an anxiety disorder? I'm not very familiar with any of those types of disorders. does anyone here have any info. about anxiety disorders?? I'd very appreciate it.

thanks a lot to everyone on this thread. I can't tell any of my family members or friends about this stuff, and it's a huge relief to get this off my chest. :sigh:
anyways, thanks so much for any help you guys can give. much appreciated :)

Back
Top Bottom