MERGED ---> Guy needs girls help + how to get girls part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know. If you're a nice guy(which you seem to be), girls will eventually take notice.

You may really want one,but don't get a girlfriend just for the sake of having one. You'll just end up even more unhappy than you were single. I know from experience(well, with guys anyway). :)

yeah No I dont want one just to have one. Trust me I'm not the player at my school. But I try to be a nice guy and it seems the girls only go for the jocks.

this is just my take on it, and I'm a long way from high school

-be yourself, you shouldn't pretend or change who you are to "get" anyone to like you
-be nice, genuinely nice
-be a gentleman
-be interested in her, but share enough about yourself too
- try not to play games, try to be honest
-try to take a risk if there's a girl you like- there will always be rejection and you can't take that to heart, there can be reasons for that which have nothing to do w/ you
-say and do sweet things, only if they are sincere and not fake
-be clean and smell good :wink:
- little gestures mean a lot, like a single flower or making a CD for her, something like that

Theer are girls who go through high school thinking no guys like them because guys don't express it. I know, I was one of them. So try to be brave :)

Take it slow, hang around in groups first, build some confidence slowly. Smile a lot and laugh appropriately, watch how others do it. Be subtle with the watching though, see how girls respond to all different guy friends of yours. See what aspects of them you have in yourself and take those as first steps. If you know good jokes, watch how other funny friends warm a crowd up, and I mean small crowds of girls and guys, not huge, unless you're very confident! If you are a thoughtful and quiet type, watch how other quiet folk interact with a group. All this isn't learning to be something you are not - it is just watching and learning others who are perhaps similar to you, and seeing how they do it. Get used to groups, then when you feel you can, attempt small one on one conversations. Always start small. You have a long life ahead to get used to interacting with girls, and slow and steady will pay off.
Spending time in groups will get you known to girls as well. You will be the guy [insert your name here] 'who hangs around with X, Y and Z'. You wont be a stranger to them so much, and even after a while girls might initiate a conversation first. After a time, when they get to know you, it will become natural and things will happen more on their own. The initial steps are what you can control though, being around more people, being sociable, getting to know girls who might have similar interests etc.
You'll get there!

as a girl in high school who's been trying to get a guy, here's my advice:

be confident
DON'T be arrogant
be you
make efforts to talk to girls, and when a girl asks you questions, respond with more than grunts or "yeah" or "no."
be fun
be a gentleman! please! don't let chivalry die!
be kind and sweet, girls will melt :wink:

that's all i've got for now. basically i'm repeating what others have said.

I hate to tell anyone to play games when it comes to relationships with the opposite sex; generally speaking just being yourself, comfortable with who you are and being honest are the most important things.
But... being overly eager or appearing to like someone too much is almost guaranteed to send girls/young women running. At least it always did me and my friends. And now my nephews on/off girlfriend. And my sister.
So play it cool; be nice and polite but make them wonder just a little bit. It's twisted, but it's a game a lot of girls seem to play.

Then again, I could be wrong. :shrug: nobody seems to really understand relationships between boys & girls, it's the age old question.

Last edited:
I concur with the above if only because I act myself and some girls appear to maybe like me sometimes I think. (Bonus points if you can count the number of qualifiers in the previous sentence.) I have quite a few stories about things but I will just say I'm single by choice. Oh, and by no means are they "chasing" me, and personally I can't blame them for not, I have a baby-face and look four years younger than I am :yikes:. But that goes to show that even if you aren't the greatest looking guy, that probably isn't everything and doesn't mean you won't have any chances to meet girls that might like you.

The best advice I ever got was from a good friend of mine "don't appear desparate for a girlfriend". Also reflecting everyone else, be yourself, don't try to be something you're not to impress a specific person; if you do you'll more than likely wind up with someone you can't handle, happened to me (I acted too progressive and emotional, and wound up dating a heavy partier who drank a ton to have fun, something that I don't appreciate at all). I then refocused on my other interests, and using the advice of that original friend, sat back and waited... within about 3 weeks after breaking up with that other girlfriend (the partier), I started hanging out with my best friend a lot, and realized that I had a crush on her; about 2 months later through a mutual friend (ironically the partier) I found out that the crush was mutual:) a week later, we were official, its been about 4 months now, and we're more than committed and couldn't be happier. So just be yourself, and don't appear desparate.

Join a band.:wink:

Just kidding, although that doesn't hurt.

It's nothing that can be taught or learned. It's just a matter of finding who you are, and sometimes that takes time. But as soon as you're comfortable in your own skin confidence comes and it shows.

Unfortunately I didn't learn this till later in my life.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
Join a band.:wink:

Just kidding, although that doesn't hurt.

It's nothing that can be taught or learned. It's just a matter of finding who you are, and sometimes that takes time. But as soon as you're comfortable in your own skin confidence comes and it shows.

Unfortunately I didn't learn this till later in my life.

:lmao:
:hmm: If you play an instrument it might not be a bad idea :wink:

As a girl who has had a lot of jerky boyfriends (but finally found the right guy and is marrying him!!! )
I would say, dont be a jerk to get somebody to notice you. being kind (if thats in your nature)
will get you farther than you might think.
Another thing, is that women like men who make them feel taken care of and safe. Even if a woman doesnt necessarily feel she needs it, it still feels good to know that you could count on your man to take care of you :yes:

Wear a sexy cologne too :D

MrsSpringsteen said:
this is just my take on it, and I'm a long way from high school

-be yourself, you shouldn't pretend or change who you are to "get" anyone to like you
-be nice, genuinely nice
-be a gentleman
-be interested in her, but share enough about yourself too
- try not to play games, try to be honest
-try to take a risk if there's a girl you like- there will always be rejection and you can't take that to heart, there can be reasons for that which have nothing to do w/ you
-say and do sweet things, only if they are sincere and not fake
-be clean and smell good :wink:
- little gestures mean a lot, like a single flower or making a CD for her, something like that

Theer are girls who go through high school thinking no guys like them because guys don't express it. I know, I was one of them. So try to be brave :)

:up: This advice carries on through the years.

It all comes from the :heart:

nbcrusader said:

:up: This advice carries on through the years.
It all comes from the :heart:

well for someone as terrific as you are I'm sure it does :)

I'm really not the one to give advice about this subject, so he probably shouldn't even listen to me.

The most interest I ever received in high school was a guy who pinched my butt one time before class :wink: and a guy I was friends with who was too shy to ask me to the prom. It really hasn't changed all that much since then.

anyway, carry on - more advice for the nice young man

Most of the general advice is already stated, so I won't go into that.

But if you want to actually find a girlfriend you'd get along with, you have to know yourself, and know what you want. I personally feel it is very important to know what you are looking for in the relationship, and if you want to make any relationship work, you've got to be clear about it.

But that all has to be done at the appropriate time, and maybe you don't need to worry about it right now.

The best advice I would give is just be active, join clubs, do things. You can be the best looking guy in school, but if people don't know how to associate you or talk to you, it is hard for them to approach you.

Some girls like the dark and mysterious, but it doesn't work if you never actually interact with them! lol

Oh yeah, and find out what kind of girl you like, and know her personality. Just be observant and see how the girls act. There are countless "stratagies" and ways to go about stuff... A lot of it depends on who you are, and the atmosphere in the school.

I don't know what more to say. If you have a certain object of affection, then I'm sure people here would help out with that.

Generally speaking, respect and confidence go a long way, and they are related as well. Different girls like different things, just remember that.

Open your mind

There is nothing more attractive in man than CONFIDENCE!

Learn to be more comfortable in your own skin and respect yourself first. Women pick up on these things right away.

basically everything that everyone said already, but also remember this.

honesty is sure as hell the best policy :wink:

but from what it sounds, you got that down already.
you'll get girls in no time. don't you worry.
have confidence and be yourself. :)

Re: Guy needs girls help

bonojr62 said:
Ok ladies I gotta ask. How can I get girls to like me.:reject:

Keep in mind i'm still in High school.
You'll enjoy college.

When you're there you'll run into girls you like and ones that like you back, without you having to act like an asshole to gain their attention. Make friends with the quiet artsy ones too. Er, okay I don't really have any advice. Just be yourself and college will be so much more fun than school.

There's a really good line Billy Bragg once sang:
"For the girl with the hour glass figure, time runs out very fast"

What I suppose I mean, is that those sort of really popular people in high school, the ones who don't have to work to make friends etc, "the jocks" as you said, tend to be the ones who disappear out of school, don't know what it's like to have to work it in the real world.

The others, the "less popular" ones in high school, the "misfits" (for want of better words, and I was both!) hit their stride outside of school, and they tend to know how to work and succeed for the long haul.
Remember, it may not happen now all at once, but it definitely will!

blueeyedgirl said:
There's a really good line Billy Bragg once sang:
"For the girl with the hour glass figure, time runs out very fast"

What I suppose I mean, is that those sort of really popular people in high school, the ones who don't have to work to make friends etc, "the jocks" as you said, tend to be the ones who disappear out of school, don't know what it's like to have to work it in the real world.

The others, the "less popular" ones in high school, the "misfits" (for want of better words, and I was both!) hit their stride outside of school, and they tend to know how to work and succeed for the long haul.
Remember, it may not happen now all at once, but it definitely will!

:applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :rockon:

Theres still hope lol. Even though I'm not really a nerd or a misfit. I'm just kinda their. that Artistic kid that likes U2 lol. Oh well I'm a freshmen too so theres plenty of time.

how to get girls part 2.

Alright Thnk you anyone who answered my last post here.
You've all been a lotta help. but i'm still having trouble getting girls to notice me.

ANY HELP?:huh:

Thnx in advance
Bjr.

Back
Top Bottom