Meningitis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FallingStar

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Meringitis

In the night of Monday to Tuesday one of my class mates almost died because of meringitis. :|

In another city here in the area one boy died around these days because of meringitis. :|

One of my big brothers died of meringitis when he was 1 month old. :|

It is not sure if my class and me got mernigitis as well cos we were in contact with this girl. We got anitbiotica, but most just got the pills today cos no goddamn drugstore sold the pills at the right time ALTHOUGH they were informed by the public health office. :|

Such a trivial thing like a disease for which you could assume a medicine could be found easily, killed people 28 years ago and still does :|

I believe its called Meningitis.

That sucks.

I hope you're ok. Did you take some pills?

Meningitis is scary. I remember before I moved into the dorms when I went to uni, everybody was required to get a shot to block meningitis or else you couldn't live in the dorms (I believe most schools do that, but I could be wrong).

I'm really sorry to hear about this, FallingStar...take care of yourself! :hug:

okay, meningitis....hirnhautentz?ndung is the word I use more often anyway. :tongue:

Yeah, I took pills.......and I think I will be alright, but I'm worried about the girl and stuff. :|

Thanks. :hug:

Oh yes and: If I wrote it wrong in the subject, could some correct my stupidity? :reject:

Last edited:
:hug: That's awful, I hope you and everyone else will be okay.

It's so scary when it goes through schools and colleges. There was a little boy here in second grade who died from it a year ago. Nobody even knew he had it. That's what kills some of the people, they get taken to the dr. with a high temperature and die before anyone figures out what it is to treat it. :(

meningitis is scary. We had an outbreak of it in my city when I was in grade 11, and my neighbour's little girl ended up with it. She ended up being okay. There was a mass immunization against it from the schoolboard, and so far so good.

I hope that your classmate is okay. Let us know

Back
Top Bottom