Medical issues keeping me awake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got Philk? said:
Tomorrow, I'll get more blood drawn. Hopefully the student nurse doesn't make me swell up and bruise again. :)

:reject: sorry.......from all us student nurses.

Although I do have to say.....I've been a CNA for 8 years and I've been taught to draw blood....therefore thats one part of clinicals I know I'll pass with no problem. However now I think I'll be thinking about your comment from here on out! :laugh:

Look at it this way, if they really thought it was serious, they'd have you in to the office last week or two days ago when you found out the news. So you're right in thinking it can't be that big. *still praying though*

Did they medicate you right away when you got your seizures or was it an ongoing thing before you were medicated?

I used to have unexplained seizures as a child and then grew out of them in my teenage years, so I know how frustrating that can be. But it's really for the best to get all the tests done - imagining what could be wrong is so much worse.

He had three seizures (grand mal) in a span of several months before seeing a neurologist and started medication I think like 5 months after the first seizure. I know he's had previous bloodwork, CTs, an MRI, and an EEG with no abnormal results, but I think the most epilepsy ("seizure disorder" now) is idiopathic.

Kiki said:

:reject: sorry.......from all us student nurses.

Although I do have to say.....I've been a CNA for 8 years and I've been taught to draw blood....therefore thats one part of clinicals I know I'll pass with no problem. However now I think I'll be thinking about your comment from here on out! :laugh:

You know what really happened, my vein just stopped giving blood. It was like tapped out. But she kept trying. :) It hurt a little bit, but hey...I had to be tough. :lol:

I really am doing much better. Monday was a really bad day. Fleas in the house, blood test problems, flat tire at the end of the day...it all just added up. But thanks everyone

Oh yeah, seizures...
I had my first one in January 2005 and thought it was a dream(long story). I had another one and went to the hospital and the guy said I fainted. And then the last one was in May and I said the same thing and huh...the same guy who said I fainted said I had a seizure. :)

After that, I was put on meds and haven't had a seizure for 2 years. But still after all the tests Liesje posted, nothing has been found. Just a wierd brain. But I already knew that. :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom