Maybe I'm afraid of being happy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It can be very scary...........

SOme love affairs can change your life forever, even if nothing comes from it.... so ...... I guess the only thing I can say is to be observant. Watch yourself, watch how you change. Try to be careful not to... become something you do not want, or cannot be...

I don't know if that makes any sense, and maybe it shouldn't.

I hope you have good fortune, whatever shape it may come in...

who told you I am changing???

I don't think I am.

A part for the fact that I go around with a bigger smile on my face

And that I walk without touching the ground!!

The change might not happen for a long time. SOme people don't get changed, others do. But you don't really notice it, or at least I didn't for a while...

Sometimes you don't realize how connected you've become :shrug:

But don't worry about it, I don't mean to spoil your natural high. Enjoy it as much as you can...

Is changing a bad thing?

I don't think it's always like that

Especially if in this change is involved the way to put the good out and pour it on the people around you -- relatives, friends, lovers, unknown...

You're right in the change is not always a bad thing. I didn't mean to imply it was.

I've just, personally, become increasingly wary about losing myself in someone else. Getting lost is a strange thing, and it took me a long long time to find myself again.

But perhaps that sort of process is neccesary.......

a learning experience, of sorts

At times I wonder what's the meaning of getting lost & find one-self

Is it a sort of annhilation?
A way of becoming the person that, according to you, will be loved by the other person?
Losing your personality?
Losing your real characteristics?

Pretending?

Well, there is losing yourself, as in, over time.

And there is losing yourself in someone else - falling so hard for someone that you act strangely, and it warps your personality a little. You may become too dependant on that other person, etc, etc.

Finding oneself, for me, is a thing, a journey that never ends. No one ever wakes up one day and "finds themself". It's like..... like going on a true journey - it seldom is about the destination, but the road you take getting there.

Losing yourself in someone else is like what you say here:
A way of becoming the person that, according to you, will be loved by the other person?

at least, that is my interpretation of that term.

( :hmm: something doesn't seem quite right...... I don't know if I am understanding you... I've got a lot going on in my head, so maybe I'm not thinking in straight lines.....)

=========

In short, what I meant by my last post is that I got too involved, too close to someone for my own good. I mean, caring about someone isn't neccesarily a bad thing. But for me, I didn't realize how deeply I was capapble of caring about someone, how extreme it is for me, either by choice, or just by how I care. I don't know. It was just a... a learning experience. I honestly didn't know I could care about someone in such a way, and so it mystified me - how could I become like that? I didn't know. And in some ways, I still don't know, and probably won't ever know how that works. Who knows...

My mistake was getting too close to the fire, so to say, and maybe I did get burned a bit. It was more out of ignorance, though - - I honestly didn't... conceive... that I could ... or really, that it was possible for me to concern myself with another person to that degree. So, obviously, that experience has made me cautious.

But I haven't neccesarily given up hope.

It just took me a long, long time to re-order my life :shrug:
This reminds me of a song...........

I took my love, I took it down
Climbed a mountain and I turned around
I saw my reflection in the snow covered hills
’till the landslide brought me down

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love
Can the child within my heart rise above
Can I sail thru the changing ocean tides
Can I handle the seasons of my life

Well, I’ve been afraid of changing
’cause I’ve built my life around you
But time makes you bolder
Children get older
I’m getting older too

Oh, take my love, take it down
Climb a mountain and turn around
If you see my reflection in the snow covered hills
Well the landslide will bring it down

If you see my reflection in the snow covered hills
Well maybe the landslide will bring it down

"Landslide" - I think originally done by Fleetwood-Mac. But many have done covers of the original.. though I think the original is the best, especially the original accoustic version, live......

(heh, it was, for the duration of my youth, my father's favorite song, oddly enough......)

As for where I am going with this post, I've forgotten.....

I hope it made sense

the thing is, to have a really enduring relationship, I think it IS neccesary to lose yourself, at least a little bit.

Because, I believe, a real, true love relationship is a union of the souls so to say, and when you move more in that direction, it becomes more about the couple, and less about individual wants, etc.

Of course, the downside is, if one person is moving in that direction, and the other is not. Or thinks they want that kind of relationship, and then realize they don't.

That's when things turn awkward

meeting in the middle... that could be the right way
But I just can imagine how hard it is to meet in the middle.

The more I see around me, the more I see couples breaking up and unhappy people.
I don't know why so many things go wrong, but of course I am trying to stay positive about relations.

And I just can't avoid the fact that I was happy of getting some news from Vladimir yesterday

Even if I am the most ingenuous person on earth, I am conscious that the situation I'm in could hurt me and cause pain and damages for the longest time and of different kind.

I know so little about this guy.. He's eally beautiful and sexy and, during the short time I spent with him, he was gorgeous and generous and polite.
Maybe I'll find out he's not he seems -- I know he could be a lier, a deceiver, not honest at all.

But I wonder: if he was all the awful things one can imagine, why he is awake in the middle of the night and send me e-mails and e-cards?? He could find a lot of people to trick just around him wherever he goes... Why should he play his game on a girl that lives on the other side of the ocean?

A little part of the cards I received:

Attachments

• friendshipumbrella.jpg
    friendshipumbrella.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 13
I woke up early this Saturday -- I had to get a check to my car

Coming home, I switched on the pc and found a new card:

To: Siempre preciosa
My love,

I stole some time to let you know how much I miss you.

See you soon.
You deserve a surprise.

Your man,
Vladimir......

And I replied:

Para: My Special Man

345379%3B523232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E234%3C%3D9%3A%3B%3D398%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3B9568%3C462ot1lsi

You've already surprised me with the last card you sent.

So now all I can do is waiting for what's next.

And miss you...

With all my heart

Your girl

- Valentina

:) i hope the best for you, lady luck, I really do.

If nothing more, it should at least be a little fun. But who knows...... there are endless possibilities.....

After a loooong wait, I get in touch again with Vlad.. We're not exchanging mails every day, but with some pause between one and another (also because I don't run to my pc every minute to see if he's written something)

Last Saturday he sent me this message:

Attachments

• vladtovale_12nov05.jpg
    vladtovale_12nov05.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 22
I sent a reply to this card on Sat., then I wrote a message this morning because I was willing to do it.

I am not expecting anything back -- but I'll be happy if I get some news :)))))

Nov. 18
Hello my love, I realized that you're not getting all my e-mails because of a problem with my e-mail acct. Sorry about that.
How are you? I hope all's well. I've gotta go now, but I'll call you as soon as I can.
See you soon.

:mad:

Back
Top Bottom