Male or female company?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It depends on the situation.
But I mostly have more male friends.

Bar+chips&salsa+game on the plasma=good times

I think I'm more on the same page.

I used to have a somewhat close relation with girl friends but over the years.. I don't know, it kind of started fading away. While on the other hand, with my male friends we've always been close for a lot of years and we're always laughing and having good times.

And I agree with a lot of girls and guys around here, women can be pretty dramatic between them.

the overwhelming majority of my friends are guys. my two closest friends, however, happen to be female. they are rather "androgynous" or eclectic women personality-wise and, like me, surround themselves with far more male than female companions. i personally love this dynamic and think it's pretty darn healthy (at least in terms of sanity).

i have to admit, though, that maintaining that, um, platonic relationship with my guy friends has proven tricky at times. i hate to perpetuate certain stereotypes about the (straight) male-female friendship, but save for a handful of guy friends, lines invariably became blurred (whether at my goading or theirs). no regrets though.

I went to all-guys schools for 13 years, and pretty much ended up hating the majority of my sex over it. I still have a few friends from there, one who I'd probably call my best friend. But since I've started college I haven't really made many guy friends, the people I usually talk to and sit near in class are all girls, and the only guy I hang around with a bit and talk to often isn't in the majority of my classes. Oddly I really do seem to enjoy for the most part running into people from my old school even the ones I didn't talk to much, I guess when I don't have to put up with them every day of the week and realise how idiotic they are they aren't too bad. yeah to sum up 95% of guys are idiots, and I can't stand hanging around with most of the them.

the overwhelming majority of my friends are guys. my two closest friends, however, happen to be female. they are rather "androgynous" or eclectic women personality-wise and, like me, surround themselves with far more male than female companions. i personally love this dynamic and think it's pretty darn healthy (at least in terms of sanity).

i have to admit, though, that maintaining that, um, platonic relationship with my guy friends has proven tricky at times. i hate to perpetuate certain stereotypes about the (straight) male-female friendship, but save for a handful of guy friends, lines invariably became blurred (whether at my goading or theirs). no regrets though.

That's a good point.

Interestingly I've never really enjoyed that, whether I was single or not. I find a lot of couples to be overbearing and they have a tendency to launch into stories that only the two of them know about, as if the rest of us actually give a damn.

Same here.

Interestingly I've never really enjoyed that, whether I was single or not. I find a lot of couples to be overbearing and they have a tendency to launch into stories that only the two of them know about, as if the rest of us actually give a damn.

maybe it's just that I'm single, but I never liked hanging out with couples either, mostly for the third wheel factor, but also what you mentioned. Couples are often just very self-absorbed.

But, I hang out with my roommate and his boyfriend all the time (he basically lives with us) and I'm cool with that, so I can't say I'm against all couples :p

Yeah, there are plenty of guy friends I've never done anything with or had feelings for, but there are times when there have been complications. It happens :shrug:

funny, even when i was perpetually single i was never bothered by hanging out with couples.

I didn't much either, till I got divorced. Now if I catch up with all my coupled friends, it's like the dinner party scene in Bridget Jones' Diary :crack:

More fun going to the pub with my single male and female (in fairly equal numbers) friends.....

I'm not picky
ever since secondary I always had more male friends
I was a ladies man in primary :D

Gah, I hate hanging out with couples because they remind me of my singledom. :shakesangryfist: Two of my friends just hooked up, not looking forward to that. :angry:

I get along better with men. Girls are dramz.

I used to hang out with guys more in high school. Most of the girls in my class girls only cared about what kind of clothes somebody else was wearing.
I had a boyfriend, but a lot of these fashion girls thought I was a lesbian and I was this rock chick, so were kind of scared of me. :cheese: I never denied it! That helped me through high school, because they though I would beat them up whenever they would say bad things to me! :applaud::wink:

you know, a funny thing is, sometimes I feel I could or can confide in a male more than female.

esp a male stranger.

sometimes I prefer to be upfront and honest than pretend to be what Im not. I would keep that hidden more, in front of girls - I mean, I would still be shy etc, but not as open about why.

:crack:

I have more guy friends than female friends. My best friends are guys -- they are just easier to talk to without all the cattiness and drama I experience with most female friends. I just get along better with guys so, to answer the original question I prefer the company of a guy.

I think we won out.

Whether it's because we're great to hang out with in groups of mates, drinking beer, eating chips/pizza/etc and watching the game, or because we bitchiness-free, sounds like we won :wink:

Back
Top Bottom