Love is tough

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey i've been desperate to reference sympathy for the devil; it was a decent opening :wink:

But that doesn't work as well when your a student; only way I was able to get through a year and a half of shared classes was simply ignoring her and distancing myself - kills away any chance after a confession of feelings - but without expectations you don't get dissapointed; on the plus side it can then be followed by a solid year of isolation - which obviously tempers one into a complicated man; which when combined with the coin and stripped away facade makes one just :cool:

To Lance; we never get answers to matters of attraction in our heads; if you start you can stay in your mind for years without resolution - and your only over her when your like ice on the inside.

I would recomend something I found worked really well but this is probably moderated :shifty:

Last edited:
digsy said:

I agree with those 2 bits
while i don't know if you OWE her an explanation I can see why you should maybe give her one anyway.
and like Angela Harlem described above - short, to the point and, if possible, without too much emotion.

there is no shame in telling her that what happened has hurt you, that you need to deal with that and that you can't do it with her around.

So yeah, while you think she may not deserve and explanation, i think give her a line or two to try make her understand what's going on and what it has to do with her, and with any luck she may respect that and leave you be.

I reckon if you act like a giant arse to people, you owe them something. Even if you act like a small arse. Quantum arse or whatever. This caper you two have adopted of giving each other the cold shoulder and re-enacting a soap everytime you communicate is worth an apology, I think. You were calling her a bitch on here at one stage. Makes me wonder what you are like when faced with her. If you've acted in anyway like in here, then I'd be hat in hand saying so. I stand by it. You both owe each other as much as you want in return. Decide what you reckon you are worth and give her the same.

I guess It's worth saying here that a couple days ago we had a (very civil, I never acted with anger in any way around her) conversation where I explained my feelings and what I feel I need to do right now, which is to keep my distance from her for a while. And she offered her own heart-felt apology and finaly a truly honest expanation of why she did what she did. And while what she said both saddened and angered me, now that it's all done, I already feel a little bit better.

Man, that was one epic-ass story. I wish I had something to add, but either everything has been said, or I'm not insightful enough to add my 2 cents or any 2 cents to this. I still don't understand why good guys like you get fucked by girls like that. It doesn't make any sense to me, but that's life I guess. I'm glad you got through it, broseph. :up:

You weren't kidding with the screenplay idea. How's that coming along by the way?

Last edited:
Let's see, so last post was a little over a month ago. Lot of stuff has happened since then, but I think I'm feeling better. It's good to be away from all that.

I'm really frustrated still though, because I'd like to think that I'm getting over her, but it's really just as though she's pushed back in my mind due to lack of proximity. Most of the time these days I'm fine and I don't really feel too bad. I still think about her at least once every day though, and for some reasons once in a while I'll have another terribly depressing day. It's all fucked really. As long as I come out of this a better man I'll be satisfied.

As for the screen play, that's sort of been put on hold for now. I haven't had the urge to continue it recently. But do have a wonderful idea for a new screenplay based on a crazy-ass dream I had about a month ago. In my dream I was shot in the gut, and I had about 2 or 3 hours left to live. I was in California or somewhere with a beautiful beach. So I was thinking the one thing I wanted to do before I die was to just find the perfect place to pass away. For some reason that was really important to me. Then as I was walking about searching, I started noticing a lot of beautiful woman, then the goals before I died were to 1: Have sex with a really attractive girl, then 2: Find a beautiful spot to sit and die.

Tell me that's not one fucked up dream. I'm not sure what it means, but I know there's some hardcore phylosophical shit going on there. But anyway, my idea for the screenplay would be that a man is seen doing some activity on a beach, then he finished and crosses it off a list of 10 things to do. It's number 3. The last two things say " 2- Make love to a beautiful young woman" and "1 - Find the perfect spot to die". So this guy walks around hitting on attractive California girls using a slew of cheap pick-up lines. He gets furstrated and to this one girl he flat-out tells her what's going on and what his intentions are. He says 10 days ago he found out he only had that many days left to live, and this is his last day. And one of the last things he has to do is make sexy-time with a beauty like herself.

She doesn't really believe him, but decides the guy's interesting and charming enough to spend the day with him. She has no intentions to sleep with him, but the guy appreciates the company either way, so together the set off to find the perfect spot for him. Throughout the day they share personal stories, and he tells her of the other crazy things he's done on his list. Eventually the girl finds she's fallen in love with him, and as the sun begins to set, and the guy's found the perfect spot, she makes a move and makes love to him there on the beach.

When she wakes up the next morning, she finds him dead on the sand. The cause of his death is never revealed, but we see the girl wipe a couple tears away as she stands up to leave, but she also has a smile on her face.

That definitely sounds interesting :up:

The last messed up dream I had involved the cast of Seinfeld in a car chase with Vincent and Jules from Pulp Fiction.

Now that was fucked up.

As an asshole, as many Hollywood producers are, I'd cast Owen Wilson as your lead and perhaps Jennifer Aniston as the beautiful girl. The story would unfold with American Pie-like humour and at the end of the film the hero would wake up and kiss the girl, and it turns out he didn't die but was just very tired.

Hey Lance, I haven't been on interference in months but now that i'm settled into my summer internship and have lots of free time I thought I'd return. I'm sorry you've had such an emotional roller coaster of a time, and glad you are getting better. (incidentally I have too - after feeling more and more claustrophobic and trapped in my formerly perfect relationship I broke up with my boyfriend, though I was still in love with him, and proceeded to sit around depressed and confused instead of doing finals. but anyway. I never saw that coming when i sent you that email 8 months ago.)

By the way that movie sounds great - sort of like a Before Sunrise with no prospect for a sequel. Maybe a prequel, haha. But no Owen Wilson, I hate him.

edit: before sunrise, not sunset...

Last edited:
Man, this thread just won't die, will it? :wink:

So sorry to hear that Varitek.

I am doing better though. Still think about her al the time, but don't really feel the same. Hard to explain. More like regreting the whole thing ever happened to begin with than with the outcome now. I still get extremely torn up and emotional some days though for no good reason. :\ But yeah, better. :)

Sorry I revived your thread - but hey, don't regret it happened. I try not to regret anything - even in the most negative experiences and stupidest mistakes, you learn something. Sometimes what you learn (about yourself, life, relationships, whatever) is so valuable that it makes the experience worth it, or at least you can tell yourself that for comfort. And you did have some great moments, so you can remember that too.

Back
Top Bottom