Looking Back-Aloha...do u need a good laugh?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cass

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Someone recently- either Sicy or Zooropamanda- started a thread about dance. I mentioned that I danced with a group of school friends , our teacher had been the choreographer for "Bandstand" and she retired to our area. We put together "the Olga Shaw Dancers". It was meant to be a one-off for our local Volunteer Fire Brigade, but we had requests from the local clubs. We performed it for about one year. I remember I was too young to be on licensed premises and they were told to never put the spotlight on me, but I had forgotten just how young I was. This photo appeared in the local newspaper just the other day, it was our first performance- 1972- I was 11 years old!!! crikey!!
As so often happens here at Interference, the timing has blown me away ...slightly( it happens less often these days...too much interference perhaps, the vibe weakens?)

It was a lot of fun while it lasted, but we broke up when most of the girls left school.
Funnily enough, hub's band are playing at a golf club this New Year's Eve and they are having an Hawaiin theme night. My mother keeps EVERTYTHING. She still has the costumes- in perfect condition, 30 years later!!
and even better they still fit, actually I fit in to my sister's costume and I always preferred hers. Mine was pastel green and hers is bright dark yellow,it suits my colouring better. So I have borrowed it-just in case the mood strikes.I asked hub would he like to...hmm nevermind- the predictable "lei" joke :eyebrow: :der: I borrowed dad's brightest hawaiin shirt for hub- it has frangipani's, hibiscus and for some unknownr reason aeroplanes on it. it reminds me of u2. I'm still waiting for the "humble jumbo" to come to Oz( never ever give up)
Anyway this is a Zoo Confessional...so good god!!! I confess.....to having had immense amounts of fun with my school friends.
Laughter- the best medicine? I hope so.
HAPPY NEW YEAR

Attachments

• osdlh1972.jpg
    osdlh1972.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 86
BUT - you didn't answer the biggest question: which one of the dancers is you?

now that would be telling.....according to my mum, the one with a head like a

boarding house pudding..( tough love)
the keenest,the youngest.
One thing, I'm not the girl in the middle dressed in white, our lead dancer. Her parents emigrated from Malaysia and owned and operated a Chinese restuarant. Her father gave me my first guitar lessons, always indebted for that. One hour after school on Thursday's...in the restuarant. it was hard to concentrate being so hungry and all the nice smell wafting out from the kitchen.
That's my dad in the doorway in the background and my mum...with her back to camera...of course, working in the kitchen, always. I think they are coming along with us this New Year's Eve...I thought dad was going to die 2 years ago...85 and still will dance like no ne is watching...he'll outlast me!!!
PS: I'm going to behave...just wear a floral dress and a hibiscus in my hair...aloha 2U marja, best wishes for 2003 sweetheart:wave:

what a difference a day makes...well not even a whole day

My mother's sister arrived unexpectedly...which is great. She has been so unwell , it is good they are together. So I'll have a quiet night at home...best for everyone really.

Another blast from the past..almost 20 years. My parents belong to a Returned Soldiers Club and always participated to the max. in the goings-on. They ofetn won the dancing competitions. You should see the collection of old photographs I have just been scanning. The same bits and pieces get recycled each year into different costumes ( well not now, when they were younger and more mobile) Mum could make a passable costume out of a potato sack and a bit of ric-rac. In this one mum is Carmen Miranda, dad is Xavier Cougar and I think Aunty Kath is Dorothy Lamour ( someone from South Pacific...some enchanted evening..!! teeheee) You might see where I get my:huh: from now.
If ever I have wished someone health for the new year, it would be those three. Survivors the lot of them.
CASSSSSSSSSSSSSS:crazy: :silent:
:larry: :adam: :bono: :edge: :bow: :combust:

Attachments

• evans1983.jpg
    evans1983.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 44
cass said:
aloha 2U marja, best wishes for 2003 sweetheart:wave:

Marja?!?

:laugh:

Same to you cass. :wave: May it be a good 2003!

Eh I can't tell from the pics who the youngest one is...oh well.

Wow! Congratulations to, errr, Mr Cass (85 and he still dances?) and Mrs Cass for staying so vital.

well us old folks can' always recall the detail

I thought your name was something like that....it does start with "m" and have an "a" in it somewhere? or are you Wendy U2girl, the one on trhe steps with Bono?..I don't know who is who around here.
Yes my dad stubbornly keeps on dancing. He had a hip replacement and a leg injury that won't heal properly. he is supposed to take it easy. I saw him grimacing during the jazz waltz, every time he went up on his toes, last time I went out with them.
I was peaking about it, but old MrsMac told me to chill, "he's doing what he loves,just let him go"
hmmmmOK.
I'd like to go and be with that trio up there tonight, so near and yet so far. My son wants to borrow my car for the night and his social life now takes priority over mine. That's what happens when you have kids......u stay home and pray for peace on earth.:yes: :wave:

yep, there's both m and a in the name Maja

Nope, no Bono on my steps. Or maybe you know something I don't ;)

Back
Top Bottom