Lonely ZOO confessions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zooropamanda

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Why are there no ZOO Confessions here?

Alrighty, bless me Bono for I have sinned....

I accidently picked up something from your hotel. It was only small, tiny even, and it was a mistake!

My confession is that I didnt exactly return it.

I cant go to jail for taking more shampoo bottles than I was given can I?
frown.gif

Am I forgiven?
I guess this means I'll be taking a ticket with Mr MacPhisto and not Saint Bono.

Cute confession!

And, actually, there are more topics here, but you have to make sure you're looking at "all topics", not just topics "from the last 20 days". People have posted here, just not recently.

------------------
- Achtung Bubba

I have a confession... Once upon a time, many years ago (in a suburb far, far away... okay, so it was Hampton!), when I was so painfully ignorant of all things U2... I actually thought they were an American band!!
Am I going to Hell now? (Well I always thought I was.) I bags MacPhisto for my personal devil.
biggrin.gif

(Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me... and he has funky shoes!!)

i was in the clarence bout a week a go but thats the advantage about living in ireland, has any one noticed the amount of flys in the octagon bar hovering over the main light? i thought it was sooooo ironic! i love the clarence, the tissues for drying your hands in the toliets are thicker than some towels i have at home! well not anymore if you get my drift!!

[This message has been edited by achtung macphisto (edited 08-23-2000).]

Okay...

Borrowing Clarence towels: unethical? Maybe. Forgiveable? Sure.

Mistaking U2 as an American band: hmmm... Unless this was done during the Rattle & Hum days, there is no excuse. But since you confessed, just listen to "Bad" three times and you'll be okay.

Yeah, I have room to talk... Thanks to the video for "Numb", I thought the Edge was the lead singer.
smile.gif

My other confession: my favorite sunglasses are actually quite Fly-like. "I look cool, I am cool."
biggrin.gif

------------------
- Achtung Bubba

Thankyou, Confessor Bubba!
smile.gif
I guess I oughta try to justify my muddle...
I had always just assumed U2 were American... they were hugely successful, and I couldn't detect a non-American accent in their songs (not that I was listening for one). Add to this that ZooTV was happening while my awareness of them was increasing (via my friend who got into them way before I did), so I was seeing her videos of ZooTV that were showed on Channel 7, plus Rattle & Hum, and that first listening of Joshua Tree... heck, they mentioned America in a song! They must be American...
smile.gif

It wasn't until I heard them talking on Rattle & Hum and the whole bit on Sunday Bloody Sunday... I turned to my friend and said (in what may be the stupidest moment of my life thus far) "Oh, are U2 Irish are they?" She looked at me like I'd just asked who that guy with the hat and the hair was leaping about on stage. But she admitted thinking the same thing until she knew better. So I'm not alone!
biggrin.gif

*scuttles off to put UF on* I like this sort of penance!

Father Bono: Ali, my child, for penance you shall listen to three Our Mothers of the Disappeared, four Hail Miami's and two acts of intransigence.

Ali the sinner: Yes Father

Father Bono: Go in peace child, and remember, never think such wicked evil thoughts again, or you will really wish God will send his angels. In the name of the father, and of the son, and his wife the spirit, Amen.

Zooropamanda <-- recovering Catholic

oh and Bubba, you are cool, maaaan.

(could you hear my over the top American accent? it was really good)

But are they really huge? I saw the ones which I assume are the originals on a site- the stuff in the rock exhibit thing - and they are really really HUGE.

Much bigger than Id ever thought.

Oh boy, this thread could get majorly in the gutter
tongue.gif

ZooMe

Naaaah, my shades aren't THAT big, but other than my shades being toned down in size a little, they're a reasonable match.

My freshman (or sophomore) year in college, when I first got the shades, one of the older guys who knew I was a U2 fan called me Bono once or twice... like that was supposed to offend me.
smile.gif

But having your eyes COMPLETELY hidden does change things. I'm not shy or anything, but they do give me a little more confidence. It's hard to explain without looking like a dork, but they help me not give a rat's a** what other people think of me.

And, Zooropamanda, nice accent.
wink.gif

------------------
- Achtung Bubba

Back
Top Bottom