life is just getting to tough

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EdgeNBono

The Fly
i dont know where to turn to..the old stuff that worked(ie. music..drawing..chatting with friends on aim)isnt working anymore to cure my depression...i just found out one of my good friends from school has cancer though they did catch it early..he's to enter radiation treatments soon & hes only in his 20's :sad:

having Aspergers isnt helping things either cause its hindered me from actually functioning in the real world plus made my mom paranoid..

having alot of family problems to..i just dont know where to turn to anymore..i cant seem to catch a break...i have injured myself & tried to commit suicide twice in the past...im scared il go back down that road if things dont improve

Where there's life, there's hope, it's just that life likes to pile it on sometimes. Don't think it can't get better, because you never know what's around the corner. Even if you have one person you can trust and talk to, that's a great starting point. Maybe you can find an Asperger's support group online? Just throwing suggestions out there. I hope things improve soon :hug:

Where there's life, there's hope, it's just that life likes to pile it on sometimes. Don't think it can't get better, because you never know what's around the corner. Even if you have one person you can trust and talk to, that's a great starting point. Maybe you can find an Asperger's support group online? Just throwing suggestions out there. I hope things improve soon :hug:

yea i just need to get an update on how my friend is doing with his radiation treatments & i think il be fine..

actually mysterious_jen messaged me & she works with autistic kids so i figure even though we're oceans apart she can help me:hug:

I have had similar problems and still continue to do so. You are not alone. Just yesterday I wasn't doing to good, but after coming on here I'm doing a lot better today. I have depression too and have no health insurance, so I can't take the medication I was on when I had insurance. I have good days and bad days and the people on here make me laugh and cheer me up. If you ever want to talk feel free.

:hug: Good luck and as everyone else has said there are tons of very nice people on the board that you can talk to. I don't have any experience with Aspergers but if you ever need someone to talk to about the depression, I'm here. Depression is a terrible thing and no one should have to suffer with it. :)

I know what you're going through, it's terrible. I suffered from depression and a lot of emotional problems for many years due to my family history and it was causing me a lot of distress. I couln't enjoy life, there was nothing that could delight me in any way, I was afraid to leave house or even my bed in the morning, I woke up with the feeling that there is no use for me in the world and that my life was totally worthless every single day.

Then I went into therapy for years, first I thought it wouldn't help, but after some time things were starting to get better. It wasn't a smooth ride, there were a lot of ups and downs, but therapy really helped me to see things I hadn't been able to see before and to really work on my behaviour, which helped me to control my emotions in times of crises and prevent falling into the dark hole again. I had some good years after that, with a lot of things going the right way, and I felt better, but I got into a really big crisis about a year ago.

People from "outside" don't understand, because they only see how "great" your life is and that you shouldn't have anything to be afraid of or to worry about, but that doesn't help if you feel totally devastated and isolated on the inside. Nice advice like "stay positive" or "get yourself together" isn't really helpful either, and I heard these things for many years. Mental problems and illness still is a big taboo in our society and many people think these problems aren't real, when instead they are very real and more and more people are actually suffering from them.

I went into a therapy group by the end of last year and since then, things are really starting to get better again, even though it sometimes is a hard process, because you really have to work on the stuff that bothers you. But the feeling of being in a group where you can actually talk about everything to people who are emphatic and don't think you're "crazy" or over-sensitive is a really good feeling.

We help each other a lot, it's a process of constant learning and development. We have people who suffer from all types of problems, like panic attacks and depression. I'd really recommend trying to get into a support group or therapy group, it also helps to know you're not alone with your problems, because the truth is that you aren't alone. Good luck :hug:

^ what she said :)
(beautiful post LU :hug: )

people underestimate the power of talking it through - it can take a long time to build up the nerve to actually say it out loud, and be heard, but LU is right, support groups are a valuable tool on the way back to finding yourself - just knowing that someone else feels even a tiny bit like you do is both a relief and a comfort - and knowing that maybe by sharing your story you can help someone else feel better is pretty neat too

continued :hug: and good luck to you and everyone here who has shared their own battles :hug:

Back
Top Bottom