Lazy store staff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

waynetravis

Blue Crack Supplier
We went out today.
And we waited for the rush hour traffic to ease before going home, so we decided to look in Toys R US.

Walked up and down the aisle and what not, checking whats hot for Xmas this year.
Anyway, my mum likes POTC and likes to get Jack Sparrow stuff.

On the way out she went to the check out and there was a member of staff sitting there staring into space.
My mum went over with the stuff and I was watching him.

He sacanned it through and pushed to a side and said ''next please''.
My mum said ''can you give me a bag'', and he didnt listen. She asked again and he turned and said ''bag?? for?''
I was standing from a far and literally went :huh:

She asked if tired and he went ''meh''

Whether he was stoned or tired I do not know, but his face was looked like :crack:

Anyone have similar encounters?

(Also me going into Toys R Us is my confession for today :angry: )

:lmao: he was probably stoned.

My husband has been in retail forever so likes good customer service. If we're being served by some snotty 15 year old he'll end the transaction with ,"maybe you should work on your customer service." It's soooooo embarrasing, the usual response is a dirty look or a grunt. :whistle:

we had a situation last Spring actually in a Target parking lot. I was driving and my husband was in the passanger seat. This kid was pushing carts but instead of moving in to the parking lot or making his way toward the store, he kept pushing them straight down the lane of traffic. He was on his cell phone talking away, I honked at him. He turned and gave me a dirty look. I honked at him and the car behind me honked. He turns around and actually stopped pushing the carts, yells at me-"I"M ON THE F****** PHONE! You'll have to wait!" and gives me the finger. I was pissed as hell, I inched right up on his butt and then zoomed around. We parked down at the PetSmart we were going to, and Brian, my husband, preceds to run through the parking lot toward this kid. I'm following thinking...holy shit.....he's snapped.....he's gonna kill this kid!:ohmy: :ohmy:
Well Brian gets up to him, taps him on his shoulder and reads his name tag. He tells him, "I'll see to it this is your last day on your job" and walks in to the Target. I'm still trailing behind him like....:ohmy:
He gets the store manager and he went crazy on her. He was screaming and yelling about how poor customer service that is and "how dare some punk ass kid thinks he can turn around and give my wife the finger and expect us to wait for him to finish his phone call!"

yeah....I was so proud of Brian that day! lol

^^^that is awesome!

I had a lazy professor, does that count? You could tell this by the way she showed up to the first class 30 minutes late and said, "I got here and realized this class started at 6:00 not 6:30. So, I didn't have time to prepare for today, but I have the book so we'll be ok." Then, for the next 9-10 weeks, she continued to simply read from the book...even after assigning those exact readings to us. No visual aids like powerpoints or overheads....not even use of the board at the front of the class. Just her boring and very quiet voice that put me to sleep half the time.

She got a great professor review from me. :D

gareth brown said:

awesome! :wink: the question is did he get fired??

:lmao: yeah I guess I forgot to finish that.

Brian made sure the guy got fired. He was pissed. That and Brian explained to the manager, he'd been a manager of a store before and he'd NEVER have let one of his employees get away with that. She wasn't happy with the kid either, she even admited to us that she'd gotten other complaints. Brian kept his promise....he got the kids job taken away.

He was some spoiled little snotty rich kid anyway who probably got the job because he thought it would be "cool" to say he had one. Hope he thought it was cool to get fired too.

...and omg Phil, I'd go insane with a professor like that. They wouldnt get a very good review from me either.

Oh man when I took beginign B&W photography I had two teachers for that class. One to help us develope the film and one to assign our next project, discuss the history of photography and give us his opinion on our work. Well he was just plain awful. Never gave us any direction and a lot of the work that other students showed was real good in my opinion yet he said they were not that good, awful or they should not be taking this class. Well the only persons work he liked was this one person who brought in the same photo (of plywood) that he would change the exposure length when using the enlarger. He gave the guy and A everyone else got D's or C's. During the semester pretty much 99% of the class almost boycotted the class and wanted to go to the dean to remove him from teaching.

Got Philk? said:
^^^that is awesome!

I had a lazy professor, does that count? You could tell this by the way she showed up to the first class 30 minutes late and said, "I got here and realized this class started at 6:00 not 6:30. So, I didn't have time to prepare for today, but I have the book so we'll be ok." Then, for the next 9-10 weeks, she continued to simply read from the book...even after assigning those exact readings to us. No visual aids like powerpoints or overheads....not even use of the board at the front of the class. Just her boring and very quiet voice that put me to sleep half the time.

:lol: Yeah, I had a prof once who always showed up late. Once she showed up half an hour late and suggested we cut into the lunch hour to make up for the lost time :huh: That idea was quickly shot down by everyone :no: OH, and she was teaching neurology and she introduced herself at the first lecture by stating "I am NOT a neurologist, I have no background in neurology, don't ask me any questions" :eyebrow:

kafrun said:
"I am NOT a neurologist, I have no background in neurology, don't ask me any questions" :eyebrow:

I had a prof who said very much the same thing (but about linguistics) when she taught a class on linguistics. She had the equivalent of a Masters in linguistics, but was totally wigged out because she didn't know "enough." Hell, she knew more about it than any of us did! I had her for other classes and she was fine, but that one she just didn't think she knew enough and was really ineffective.

Got Philk? said:
^^^that is awesome!

I had an English professor like that. She continued to be late for every class of the term. She handed out her syllabus on the first day, and told us just to follow that for reading and writing assignments. She rarely, if ever, collected the assignments when the syllabus said they were due, and she would freak out if she wanted to collect something, but no one had it ready because we were all under the impression it wasn't due for another week.

Her lectures where taken directly from the book, although her tests were not. :mad:

Her writing assignments were impossible. I love having a little creative freedom, but it was extreme. My classmates and I would get papers back with comments like "too long, too short, I was hoping for a more academic topic". She never commented on grammar, usage, and other things that might help us in what we were suppose to be learning. As for the "more academic topic", she didn't want us to use sources, because she didn't want to bother to check them (we were suppose to be learning the APA style), but yet, we had to write an academic paper, the final one being 10 pages in length. I can't write ten pages on anything without doing some research!

I take comfort in knowing she was fired after that term. :D

You brought up some fun points about my professor. It was a psych class, but for Special Education majors like myself. She had no Special Ed. experience and didn't teach from that standpoint at all...even after we mentioned the class was for Special Ed. majors. :hmm:

And the tests? Not over anything she talked about in class, hence not from any part of the book she read to us in class. It was random pieces she found during her reading we were supposed to remember. Luckily, we had 3 hours and open book...:yell:

Ha, funny that professors come up. Tonight my paralegal class had to meet in the library because our prof is on a cruise "sipping mojitos" as she told us last week. And all we talked about was how she threw the syllabus to us the first session and then proceeded to give her and everyone else's she knows life stories while vaugely answering any specific questions any of us had for her. She continued this for the next class session. :tsk:

I had a professor in college (Political Geography) who told us that he couldn't give us all As, so he just went down the list of people in the class, covered the names, and alternated between A and B. :| Despite the fact that I was the only person in the class who bothered to do any work and that I got 98s on both of the assignments, I got a B. I got on really well with the social sciences dean, so I mentioned it in a conversation with her, and she urged me to file a formal complaint, but I was too scared because he was old and everyone loved him. :reject: It was my only B in college. :angry:

^
That is so fucked up. The saddest part is that is probably why he was so well liked.

I would be pissed over a B, but I know plently of people who would be jumping for joy over it.

waynetravis said:
We went out today.
And we waited for the rush hour traffic to ease before going home, so we decided to look in Toys R US.

Walked up and down the aisle and what not, checking whats hot for Xmas this year.
Anyway, my mum likes POTC and likes to get Jack Sparrow stuff.

On the way out she went to the check out and there was a member of staff sitting there staring into space.
My mum went over with the stuff and I was watching him.

He sacanned it through and pushed to a side and said ''next please''.
My mum said ''can you give me a bag'', and he didnt listen. She asked again and he turned and said ''bag?? for?''
I was standing from a far and literally went :huh:

She asked if tired and he went ''meh''

Whether he was stoned or tired I do not know, but his face was looked like :crack:

Anyone have similar encounters?

(Also me going into Toys R Us is my confession for today :angry: )

I just realised.
They have this lazy bastard working at their store who looked like wanted to be sleeping.

I apply to work there and go along to the interview, and get turned down.
I call the the store and the manager tells me I was'nt needed.:mad: :mad:

Dammit :angry: :|

as someone that works in a store lazy customers reeeaaaalllly annoy me.:mad:

Most folks are fine and I really don't mind going to the other end of the store to get something. . . . . although.

Can't you see I'm the only one here so no, I can't take you to the buttons at the other end of the store and help you choose and no, I won't look through a dress pattern book with you and discuss the merits of strapless vs halterneck.
YOU are an ADULT, if you can't decide between beige and off white that's your problem not mine.:rant:

cinnaminson said:
as someone that works in a store lazy customers reeeaaaalllly annoy me.:mad:

Most folks are fine and I really don't mind going to the other end of the store to get something. . . . . although.

Can't you see I'm the only one here so no, I can't take you to the buttons at the other end of the store and help you choose and no, I won't look through a dress pattern book with you and discuss the merits of strapless vs halterneck.
YOU are an ADULT, if you can't decide between beige and off white that's your problem not mine.:rant:

Yep definitely agree. I work in retail too and I dislike spending HOURS with one customer... also, I am NOT the one who sets prices, ok? Each time I'm at the register ringing them up and they're paying, sometimes someone makes a commet about how big the total comes up to be, asking ME why the prices are high. :angry:

Back
Top Bottom