lame confession.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cell

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
i have no sense of direction when it comes to driving.

if you tell me go north, south, west, or east, i'll just give you a blank stare and say...

do i turn left or right?

:reject:

25-year old Ricky will call me for directions while he's in motion;
he doesn't recognize NSEW either... :confused:

I always ask "is the sun behind your or in front of you?", then I know which way he's headed or which way he should be going!

Ricky's a :der:

you could always buy one of those little dashboard compasses, i dunno how accurate they are tho.

that's all you need to know sicy :lol:
if you're facing north, then the east would be on your right, and the west would be on your left.

I have no eternal compass either. I just know the sun is there....and my head is there to move me around. :wink:

I have an excellent sense of direction... but I guess that comes from my lifetime of scouting and various such things... I can use a compass extremely well, but most often I dont even need one to know where north is, and subsequently where east and west are.

It should be noted, that while moss tends to grow in cool, damp, or shady places, that it rarely grows on -just- the north side of a tree - it tends to grow all over. However, the sun rises in the east, sets in the west, and so it moves across the sky acordingly, so if you angle a stick in the ground, the direction the shadow travels over a breif amount of time is opposite that of the sun, and so you can figure out which way is north/south/east/west from that if you genuinely have no idea to begin with. Tricks of the trade I guess. However, it is an extremely rare day that I find myself lost, anywhere, thats for sure.

stand lyrics!!

i know NSEW, and can get myself from point A to point B (and only sometimes does it end up being by way of point C), but i have no concept of right and left. if you tell me to turn left, i'll stare at you until you point which directoin left is. i think it comes from not being consistantly right or left handed...

Nobody ever tells me to go North, South, East or West...... :shrug:

~unforgettableFOXfire~ said:
I have an excellent sense of direction... but I guess that comes from my lifetime of scouting and various such things... I can use a compass extremely well, but most often I dont even need one to know where north is, and subsequently where east and west are.

It should be noted, that while moss tends to grow in cool, damp, or shady places, that it rarely grows on -just- the north side of a tree - it tends to grow all over. However, the sun rises in the east, sets in the west, and so it moves across the sky acordingly, so if you angle a stick in the ground, the direction the shadow travels over a breif amount of time is opposite that of the sun, and so you can figure out which way is north/south/east/west from that if you genuinely have no idea to begin with. Tricks of the trade I guess. However, it is an extremely rare day that I find myself lost, anywhere, thats for sure.

I thought you were say you used the North Star.....

We have smog and fog in So.CA, we can't see any stars!!!

:eyebrow:

I have no sense of direction either. One time, after we first moved here, all Dad asked me to do during the day was return the videos to the video store down our street. Well, I turned the wrong way out of our driveway, and I ended up getting lost for about a half hour. I never did make it to the video store. :|

Bonochick said:
I have no sense of direction either. One time, after we first moved here, all Dad asked me to do during the day was return the videos to the video store down our street. Well, I turned the wrong way out of our driveway, and I ended up getting lost for about a half hour. I never did make it to the video store. :|
That happens to me all the time. My family has learned to give me VERY SPECIFIC directions to places.

And my uncle refers to a long car ride trying to get unlost as "A Megan Ride." :|

Psst, IWB- If you hold your hands up palms-down, the thumb and index finger on your left hand make an L. Not that I do that frequently or anything...I've just heard... :shifty:

My sense of direction is non-existant. I get lost in the Birmingham suburbs, and heck, I grew up there. I should know the place, but I don't. A couple of weeks ago I got lost going to a store.

Mr. BAW: I would use the North Star, but I make it a point not to find myself lost in the wilderness at night. However, if you know where it is, yes, it makes navigation much easier. :)

I never know which direction is where, but I can read a map and that's how I was able to drive from california to cleveland without getting lost.

I'm great with a map....but if you ask me what's left and right I usually do the opposite...i'll point to the right and say it's a left LOL...that's what i get for being dyslexic!

Back
Top Bottom