Kitchen Kaper's- when things go......WRONG!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fly so high!

Refugee
After U2democrats's cooking lesson, i thought it would be a good idea to share our culinary catastrophes and hear from people that have stuffed up big-time in the kitchen.

I'm a "dropper" in the kitchen, I drop eggs,raw meat,plates,cups,i break wine glasses....i'm a total menace.....i'm particurly bad with sauces..........i nearly blinded myself at a recent family BBQ where i shook Caesar Salad dressing...WITHOUT THE LID ON!!!

:wink: the friggin' sauce went everywhere,across my eyeballs,across my bamboo blinds, across my cupboard doors,the fridge...the ceiling....this crap was everywhere. Worst still it was in front of EVERYBODY, no-body could help me cause they were rolling on the floor pissing themselves with laughter...meanwhile my eyes were burning!!!

Anyhoo........could go on forever the crap i've done in the kitchen.
I wanna hear some of your "experiences"

~I left the cardboard on the bottom of a frozen pizza.

~I boiled a pot of water for spaghetti...but forgot to put the water in first and ended up with quite the scorched pan.

~I made brownies and used vegetable oil that was several years out of date...and apparently, that really does make a difference. They were absolutely awful. Dad said that even after eating chili, the awful taste was still in his mouth. They became known as Toxic Brownies.

When I nannied for these two kids, they wanted to bake a cake for their parents' anniversary. We had everything in but the eggs, and go figure the last egg I help them put in had actually been fertilized!!!!

Yeah, we had to start over...

This isn't quite cooking, but it still cracked me up: my fiance's parents have a cocker spaniel and recently they were gone for 30 hours. The neighbor boy forgot to come let him out, so he held it for 30 hours! The boy felt so bad, he brought over a goodie bag with coffee, dog treats, and a bag of weird cookie things. As we were leaving, Phil's mom goes "do you want this bag of cookies from Josh? I didn't like them" and Phil goes "those were Sam's dog treats!!!" and Phil's mom started screaming and spitting in the sink! To make it worse, Phil says "How many did you eat?" and she says "I ate one and it tasted bad so I thought the second one would taste better!" :lol:

Once I accidentally turned on the wrong burner and after smelling something toxic I went into the kitchen to find a plastic jug melting onto the stove. But I wasn't the one who was dumb enough to leave something plastic on the stove.....I swear :shifty:

A few kitchen accidents, burnt food, lost/mis-shelved groceries, and lots of things forgotten at the grocery store = dinner out a lot more :rockon: :yes:

Oh...this was embarrassing...

I wasn't used to my boyfriend's knives when I first moved in with him, and I held one upside down as I was cutting and put a good slice in my finger. :reject:

Bonochick said:

I wasn't used to my boyfriend's knives when I first moved in with him, and I held one upside down as I was cutting and put a good slice in my finger. :reject:

Oooooh ouch! :yikes: I burned myself on a George Foreman grill the other night :shifty:

Bonochick said:

Don't feel bad! Once I sliced into my finger while cutting grapefruit, and it was with the knives we've always had. To make matters worse, it was a very deep cut, would not stop bleeding, but I had an important gymnastics meet the next day and my key event is uneven bars. I wrapped it as tightly as possible and was able to do my routine. Now I have a scar and most likely was supposed to get stitches.

I am forever making a pitcher of juice or some mixed drink and when I go to shake it, it goes all over the kitchen-walls, floors, window, countertops etc-for I've not secured the lid on the pitcher.

I also get so mad at myself when I burn microwave popcorn. That smell is really hard to get rid of!

One time when I was staying with my 3 nephews for a weekend they were putting garden snails in the microwave and watching them explode. That was NOT fun to clean up and I never wanted to eat anything that was heated in that microwave! :yuck:

BonosBaby12 said:
I somehow managed to cook the chicken too much on the outside and rather undercooked inside. Not appetizing at all :tsk:

Also another time I made noodles and left them a bit too crunchy :giggle:

Christmas Vacation - the turkey at dinner! :lol: Made me think of that.

Years ago, I was boiling rice on the stove for the dog, otherwise I'd have used the steamer but I made large volumes to add in his food and did it for a few days worth at a time...Anyway, went into the study to have a smoke. Came on interference. Next thing I know the smoke alarm was going off and I nearly peed my pants. I opened the door and was confronted with a wall of thick smoke. I wailed "nooo, what have I done?" and crept out to the loungeroom and was too scared to peek into the kitchen. All I could see was smoke and was thinking there had to be flames somewhere. My neighbour was leaning over the fence as their patio was near our back/kitchen window. Needless, all was well. took hours to get the smell out. Days, probably, but we just got used to the smell when it had mostly gone. Lost: one saucepan and freedom from jokes from neighbour.

Pffft.

I stored an ice cream cake in the fridge :(
: puddle:

leaving the plastic wrapper on the microwave popcorn

my ex ended up in the e.r slicing bread for dinner by candlelight... just a few stiches

I'm sure there are more...

When Rick and I were first together and it was our turn to have the family Christmas or Thankgiving dinner, I would always leave the giblet sack and the neck inside of the turkey. For some reason, Doozer was ALWAYS around to laugh at me when I figured out what I did and had to pull everything out :yuck:

I spilled 2 entire unbaked pumpkin pies in the bottom of our electric oven with a house full of people on another Thanksgiving. It takes a LONG time for burning liquid pie to stop smoking :reject:

I've also shaken things without the lid being tight and dropped a microwave pizza face down on the floor after I burned myself on hot cheese...lol, my sister started a microwave pizza on fire at my house once when she hit 20 minues instead of 2 minutes :lol:

I'm glad to know i'm not alone:wink:
Great stuff

I've got to tell you about this one...........for my daughter's 1st birthday....i thought i would make a cake.....a huge "number one"right......now first of all i burnt the cake...as it was the night before the party....i thought"It's OK ,I'll just trim the burnt bits off"
so i then i put the "pink" icing on,but i put it on while the cake was still to hot,so it just ran off the sides.....then i thought "No,this still can be saved....I'll make more icing.....get this WITH MORE FLOUR!!!" Yes ladies and gentlemen you read right...FLOUR!...By this stage the cake is looking very sad indeed....so THEN i thought i would try to make it look better by adding desicated coconut!

The end result..........instead of a pretty pink "number one"sponge cake....I had what appears to be John Wayne Bobbitt's severed penis...and what i would have imagined it , tasted like too!!:yes:

when i was little i was in the kitchen "helping" my mum and she bent down to pick up something and i thought she told me to turn on the stove, so i turned it on and set her hair on fire

last week i wanted to cook crumbed chicken, so i set it up and started to cook the chicken and i was distracted by the TV
the next thing the smoke alarm was going off coz the chicken was burning....but stupid me went to turn off the smoke alarm first rather then the chicken

at this time i didnt know that the smoke alarms turn off by themselfs so i got out the ladder from the shed to turn it off

while im up the ladder the phone was ringing and the chicken was still burning....the smoke alarm stoped i fell of the ladder and landed on my sisters bike which was in the room *i dont know why it was there*

in the end the chicken was burt black, the person that was on the phone never rang back and i ended up with a sore back for a week

:lol:

Last time I moved, I got a new microwave. I was making rice in my microwave rice cooker, and I set it for 15 minutes, like always. When I opened the microwave, the cooker was about half the size it had been and still melting. My new microwave is about 400 watts more powerful than my old one :reject:

I work for a magazine, and the editors take turns hosting dinner meetings at our houses. I made a big batch of fajitas and a salad, and I was going to make guacamole before I had to go to my three-hour Wednesday class. I cut up the first two avacadoes with no problems. With the last one, I went to jab the knife into the pit, and the knife slipped, went through the avacado, and right into my hand.

The inside of your hand is kind of gross looking :yes: Not only did I have to go to the hospital and get a tetanus shot, I also had to call my professor (who said we couldn't ever miss class), and tell her what had happened. She said, "You sound like you're losing a lot of blood. You'd better go to the hospital."

I still have a scar. I like to tell people I had the stigmata :wink:

Back
Top Bottom