Joining the National Guard?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clarityat3am

I Serve Larry's Stick
I've been thinking of joining the National Guard as a reservist for the educational benefits and extra income. Anyone here in the National Guard or know someone who is that can provide me with some insight?

My friend is in it, but only for the money. She hates having to leave on the weekends (this month she has to go 3 out of the 4 weekends). They also keep screwing up her paperwork, leaving her without money for extended periods of time.

But that is just her experience. There are probably others who are happier about their decision. She is too afraid to leave though, so she reenlists each time.

Honestly if it is just educational benefits and extra income you're looking for, I suggest looking into scholarships. There's loads of 'em, and not all of them are being used.

I was seriously considering doing it to help pay for college, until Bush got elected twice. I don't want even the slightest chance of seeing combat!

I have been wanting to join the army. Overweight, but trying to loose it. I have a friend in the Army He is about to go back to Iraq for his second tour. He said he likes it for the education benifits, money and travel.

clarityat3am said:
I've been thinking of joining the National Guard as a reservist for the educational benefits and extra income. Anyone here in the National Guard or know someone who is that can provide me with some insight?
Why not try the Coast Guard or something if you're in it just for the education and extra income?

If you're in the National Guard, isn't there a significant change you'll be sent overseas to shoot insurgents considering the troop shortages? I have friends whose relatives joined for the money and education, and got shipped out overseas.

Back
Top Bottom