Job interview!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Got Philk?

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Arizona, Tacoma, Philadelphia ,Atlanta, LA...
Hi all,

I woke up this morning and recieved a call that a school I interviewed at last week would like to do a second interview...today....at 1:30pm...

I'm hoping that this second interview is really just to get me in to sign the papers and start working tomorrow. :D

maybe...:cabbagepatch:

:sigh: Like usual, they say all these great things like, "we all had great things to say about you" or "we could really see that you would work well at this school."

Then they follow that with "but we've offered the job to someone with a couple years of experience."

I did not get the job. 2nd place again...:|

Sorry Liesje...:madwife: :reject: (don't worry, I told her in person before this)

You're not doing that badly. You were offered three positions (totally different ones) and were second place for two more, all in a span of two months, that's not too bad. The two you didn't get were not because they didn't like you or you didn't fit, but someone was more qualified. That's just Michigan for you. 15% unemployment, so many people looking for jobs that people are taking ones they are overqualified for, people that would normally already have jobs but right now don't. So they have the experience or the additional endorsement that you don't.

It may seem like I'm blowing rainbows & butterflies up your ass Phil, but I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. Trust me, when the RIGHT spot for you comes along, you'll look back at all these jobs you thought were perfect & you'll realize what a mistake it would have been if you'd accepted one of them. :hug:

It may seem like I'm blowing rainbows & butterflies up your ass Phil, but I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. Trust me, when the RIGHT spot for you comes along, you'll look back at all these jobs you thought were perfect & you'll realize what a mistake it would have been if you'd accepted one of them. :hug:

Keep that in mind for sure, Phil. :up: My son was offered a job for significantly less than he was asking for and the guy then became defensive and said "I don't know what you are doing on the side (of unemployment compensation) that you can turn down a job", implying to my son that he's into something illegal. So stick with it.
There are people out there who think you are so desperate that you'll take any kind of abuse or job - just because you are unemployed. It really sucks and you're not alone; which doesn't help, I know.
Good luck :hug:

Keep that in mind for sure, Phil. :up: My son was offered a job for significantly less than he was asking for and the guy then became defensive and said "I don't know what you are doing on the side (of unemployment compensation) that you can turn down a job", implying to my son that he's into something illegal. So stick with it.
There are people out there who think you are so desperate that you'll take any kind of abuse or job - just because you are unemployed. It really sucks and you're not alone; which doesn't help, I know.
Good luck :hug:

Exactly. He's got two jobs right now so it's not like he isn't working full time or can't find work....so I say, why just "settle" on something? I am now helping him pay off the teaching certificate program, I'd rather have him stick it out and be in a classroom, in the age group he wanted/trained for. I'm not in the teaching field so maybe I'm wrong but it seems to me that subbing in an el ed classroom full time (not bad money) looks better than settling on a job that's basically aiding/parapro for high school or college age program. Say he finds a job opening in an el ed classroom, if I was doing the interview I'd maybe think he's out of the loop as far as teaching kids in a classroom because he took one of the other jobs with older kids/younger adults, not really a teaching position.

I just feel like when I went back to school, I had a vision of what I wanted to be doing and where I would be doing it. It could be different for some young 22 year old just fresh out of college. But since I went back to school and I'm older than most "new" teachers, I think I am ok wanting to get where I see myself in my head.

Did that make sense?

Back
Top Bottom