Job interview!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not in the teaching field so maybe I'm wrong but it seems to me that subbing in an el ed classroom full time (not bad money) looks better than settling on a job that's basically aiding/parapro for high school or college age program. Say he finds a job opening in an el ed classroom, if I was doing the interview I'd maybe think he's out of the loop as far as teaching kids in a classroom because he took one of the other jobs with older kids/younger adults, not really a teaching position.

I've seen this happen in the interviews I've been in on, so there you go. :)

I just feel like when I went back to school, I had a vision of what I wanted to be doing and where I would be doing it. It could be different for some young 22 year old just fresh out of college. But since I went back to school and I'm older than most "new" teachers, I think I am ok wanting to get where I see myself in my head.

Did that make sense?

It makes perfect sense.:up:

I so wanted my son to go back to school to get the training he needed to progress beyond where he is. He really wants to get out of the field he's been in for 17 years. However, he can't go any further untill he learns the new skills needed in that industry.
Unfortunately his unemployment hit at the same time the economy was tanking and to be quite honest, he didn't pursue some of the options he had because he really thinks/thought he would have a decent paying job sooner rather than later.
Bad decision on his part and I can't force him, being Mom and all. Sometimes I just throw my hands up and say, :gah: and tell him to go back to what he was doing, and hated. Nothing comes easy you have to fight for it tooth and nail these days. He knows this and still thinks it will fall into his lap for some reason. I never taught him that.

You'll get there Phil, just hang in there. :up:

I start tomorrow...

This upcoming week was supposed to be the week I learned about the class. It turns out the Dr. and her principal said she can't teach. The swine flu thing is really going around here and they said it's too dangerous for her to teach. It's ok, I will figure it out. :yikes:

You went to the interview and they hired you on the spot so obviously they like you a lot. I'm sure they expect it will take a week or two for you to settle in and get things running smoothly again.

How's the job going, Phil?

You ready to strangle any of the little brats yet? :wink:

It's going really good!

Honestly, it is a lot different than anything I have done before. It's a resource room, which means children come to me from there general ed. classrooms and I work on problem areas. What I really like is how much difference I have throughout the day. I mean, I start with some 5th graders...then go to an adorable 1st grader...then 3 second graders come in and 15 minutes later, here comes the 5th graders too!

Then there's the afternoon...3rd...1st...2nd...small reading group. For an A.D.D. man like myself, it is perfect. :D

Today, the aide that had helped a ton yesterday, was sick...possibly swine flu. I was alone...that was interesting. I learned a lot today by oh...trial and error. :) Also, I cleaned everything and washed my hands like 182 times during the day.

I also stole Clorox wipes from my other job to wipe down EVERYTHING after every day. I quit that job and I'm done Thursday. What are they gonna do...fire me?

But...I could get used to this teaching thing.

resource room. Tonight was tougher. I had some parents who really liked the old teacher. She was a sweet little lady. I'm a big, boisterous guy. I could tell they were uncertain. I will just have to wow them with my abilities I guess. :D

now if only I had those abilities...:shifty:

itsokay.gif

Back
Top Bottom