Job hunting Sucks ........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So yet again I called and got her voicemail......She's out of the office until Monday....Very, very rude....I have to sit on this until Monday and wonder if I still even have this offer :scream:

Thoughts on this one anyone? I've never had this ever happen :angry:

yes, job hunting sucks

:bump:

So, what happened? Did you get the job? :wink:

Me, I feel like I've made half the mistakes in the book in my job hunt ... :sigh:

... but sooner or later I'll get it right. :wink:

and I do have another job right now

Last edited:
Ah, a job hunting thread.

No one seems to want college students who can only work the summer. :grumpy:

In the meantime my mom keeps lecturing me that I have to get a job to help with the income etc. etc. and I'm getting really sick of it. I get the point but I can't help it if I can't find a job!

U2democrat said:
Ah, a job hunting thread.

No one seems to want college students who can only work the summer. :grumpy:

In the meantime my mom keeps lecturing me that I have to get a job to help with the income etc. etc. and I'm getting really sick of it. I get the point but I can't help it if I can't find a job!

Does your school hire? Mine always hired tons of undergrads to do research with professors over the summer. Wasn't great money, but very flexible hours and super low-stress.

anitram said:

Does your school hire? Mine always hired tons of undergrads to do research with professors over the summer. Wasn't great money, but very flexible hours and super low-stress.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Schools BEG people to work over the summer. I used to work at least 40 hrs a week at my college over the summers, and since I worked over 450 hours for the school over the summer, I also got half of summer tuition reimbursed for any night classes I took. That tuition credit alone made it worth the lesser pay!

I got the job and started yesterday :happy: So far so good, but it's hard to tell if I will love it. They keep bouncing me from dept to dept and I'll be moving again in 2 weeks...They want me to learn all aspects of the company soo I'll be shifting around. Luckily, everyone is really nice. It's a pretty big company, 2 floors, dress codes, etc.. I'm not so used to that kind of environment so we'll see what happens. However, it's the commute I can really live without but we'll see fingers crossed!

Congrats!

Job Hunting :down: I'm fairly sure I'll be working at McDonald's in a couple weeks for the summer until I go to college :drool: Can't wait...:|

Would you like fries with that?
patat.gif
:wink:

:hug:

:happy:

I got a job working on a campaign! I'll be a full time staffer (until school starts of course, then I'll have to cut back until November).

In Virginia we have off-year state elections, so there's always a campaign. The problem is my commute would be around an hour, but the people I'm working for recognize this and we're going to get together and work out all that I can do from home.

I'm excited! Another step into the political field. Before I know it I'll be hiring people to staff my campaign :wink:

Awesome!! That's a perfect job for you, and even if you have to commute now and then, it's not too bad since it's only temporary. You'll do great! :)

:hug: Well..one hang in there! I just joined 'the ranks' yesterday! i have been layed off for the summer! But that's ok, i need a full time job, a good one. So i thought collecting umemployement was a good thing while I look for a good job!

My sister can walk into any job because she is good looking but me on the other hand cant get a job for love nor money.

Im on the hunt for a part time / full time job till september.

Im working in a call center..I take calls from the states and canada (Tech Support) and dealing with people + over the phone is not the best job in the world...I went to an interview last week (actually I had to go there twice the second time I went I had an english "evaluation" ) They told me that I have to wait for human resourses to call me...Im still waiting...and they spoke as if I was hired !! but nada...I really hate my job and I want a new one....but I couldnt agree more!! I hate job hunting!

one4u2 - congrats on the job! :hi5: i can't believe i missed this thread. i'm glad it worked out for you.

and same to you laura :hug: i'll prob be in your area a few times this summer, we'll have to get together. i hope you like carbon leaf :sexywink:

Laney_82 said:
Im working in a call center..I take calls from the states and canada (Tech Support) and dealing with people + over the phone is not the best job in the world...I went to an interview last week (actually I had to go there twice the second time I went I had an english "evaluation" ) They told me that I have to wait for human resourses to call me...Im still waiting...and they spoke as if I was hired !! but nada...I really hate my job and I want a new one....but I couldnt agree more!! I hate job hunting!

I got the job!!!!! they called me yesterday for the last part of the interview!!! I start next thurday!!!

So already I hate it :scream: They changed my job description on me and the dept i'm in is an unorganized mess I can't take it :angry:

one4u2 said:
So already I hate it :scream: They changed my job description on me and the dept i'm in is an unorganized mess I can't take it :angry:

Oh God, I so hate it when they do this. It's happend recently in the company I work for. I started out in sales, got FIRED! :shocked: (person who fired me was bought out of the co)
Three weeks later they hired me back to head up a new department.
That was great. Loved it! and of course it was too good to be true:(three months later some nitwit decided to combine 2 departments and I wound up being on the same level with some people I used to supervise. That nitwit is now my supervisor and trying to turn the dept into a call center atmosphere that I left my former job to get away from.
To say things are strained is an understatement.
I've been looking for a job ever since they hired me back because I didn't trust them. Now it appears I had good reason to feel that way.

So my only advice to you is hang in there. Try to pull the dept together and make sure no one takes it away when you get it organized.
Good luck, it's still a jungle out there..:wink:

Sorry to hear that one4u2 and sue4u2. Wow, similar names. Coincidence? :wink:

Make the best of it I guess - can you keep your eyes open for new jobs/positions while still working at your current place of employment?

Back
Top Bottom