j'ai un confession

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kobayashi

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
i detested french lessons in high school-i didnt see the point.
so i learned very little.

early in the schoolyear, a grade 9 french worksheet asked us to describe music that we enjoyed. unable and unwilling to formulate the correct french phrase i simply came up with je n'aime pas la musique or i don't like music.

the teacher was horrified. she thought i was a soulless demon child. for the rest of the school year i think she was a little sorry for me as well as fearful of me.

so...sorry french teacher lady. j'appr?cie la musique and i am now back in french lessons.

je sais parler le francais un peu...

je suis tres mal avec autre langues.

i grew up lingually confused... my parents spoke Chinese, and the TV spoke English... THAT really f'd me up big time...

My parents said my first words were: "Do what?" ... but to be honest, I think my first words were: "Doo wop!"

I would have said I like Seal.

Because seal in French is Foque (I think).

:up:

I grew up in a bilingual country called Canada. I took French immersion and then minored in French in university. So I've been kind of fluent for a long time, but I hardly ever used it outside of school.

A year ago I moved to Ireland (though at this very moment I'm back in Canada for a visit...but only for another week.) In Ireland, I have used French more than I ever did in my bilingual home country. I know tons of French people. I talk to French speakers from Africa. I work in the call centre for an airline, where I speak English some of the time, and also take calls from France--in French.

Life is strange, but it's mostly been good for me of late.

dont worry. im not mad all the time. i have a vmail service.

meegannie said:
I met someone one time who didn't like music. :|

It was scary.

i dont like answering machines.

im fine leaving messages and operating them. what i dont like is their physical presence-i detest the stupid little box sitting beside the phone.

That was a very funny confession.

I hate French.

My French teacher was from Tennessee (imagine that one speaking French with a southern drawl.)

She hated me and did everything but beat me.

J'ai etudie le Francais, mais je ne l'ai jamais employe.

Je comprends sa majeure partie, mais il est difficile d'ecrire maintenant.

Je ne sais pas. :shrug:

French was always a chore, but I wish I had paid more attention in grades 9 and 10, and to that end that I had taken it beyond those levels. C'est la vie.

J'aime francais! Et maintenant je vais aller a Mali et je dois parler en francais. :D

My grammar sucks bigtime. But after 2 years, I think I'll pick up a little of it. ;)

I took French in high school and college...and all it ever really did for me was give me the ability to do a really, really bad job of fighting with this guy in a hotel in Paris over the fact that the toilet in our room did NOT work! (I insisted we get a discount on the room, and he insisted we leave. Maybe someday me & Paris will get along.)

ne tu vais pas mentir une autre fois comme ca M. mcslanterson

cujo said:
Because seal in French is Foque (I think).

:up:

i've always liked "coq"

fun to say, fun to spell.

c'est toute amusante.

meegannie said:
I met someone one time who didn't like music. :|

It was scary.

i know someone who's dating someone who doesn't like music. that bugs me! becuz my friend likes music VERY MUCH and shouldn't be with someone who doesn't.

J'ai etudie la francais en l'universite. J'etais contente apprende la francais, mais j'ai trouve la prononciation pour etre difficile, et je n'etais pas anxieux pour apprendre francais.

But I still like the language, even though I'm an amateur. I try to use it whenever I can.

Perle

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom