I've upset my mum...........and I presently feel like sh*t.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
I am.........

hey guys, I know Ive been off a while but right now I just really really need to type this out.....cause I truly feel like the baddest person here ever.

Ok, to start with, our TV started going on the blink couple or so weeks ago, right? And then mum decided it was best to buy a new TV....all very well. They went out on Saturday just past, but in todays world - as u know, you find more larger wider TVs, mainly widescreens........nothing like the good old squarish TV. She and partner came home, with one hour of shopping time left, and said there was nothing but widescreens etc......and I was like, 'well really, isnt there anywhere else you can look? Just because some places are close and convenient, doesnt mean you shouldnt try out in town or somewhere, you might find what you're really looking for, then!' With that said the two hopped into the car again, this time asking did I wanna 'come along'. I politely refused, as I had a message to do.

Then they came back and Mum said, 'GOT ONE!' Where? In a local showroom, just down at the local centre........(I was hoping they would try Boucher Road, or at least let ME have taken them on the Sunday to look - I just think its best to view as many places as u can before deciding - but they didnt do that)

So apparantly mum was in this place and her eyes clapped on this big TV, and we are talking like 44 and a half inches across by, perhaps 33 inches down or something.........like big base......like something you would see in a Pub perhaps..........and she fell for it and I wont tell you how much it was.....it was wild expensive anyhow and her partner paid for it, where she said she'll pay him back monthly.

So it arrived today, and my poor mum had been so excited in waiting for it and more so to see my reaction...so I told her I'd be home quickly at lunchtime.

I walk in, eyes closed. Hid behind cushion.........then flung it down!

and oh dear.......i instantly did not like it very much...........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Instantly I knew she could see that...........but how can u hide?

Folks, it does look a little too big for where it is, and its plastic screen and you can see the pixels even from the distance, which is one reason I didnt like it so instantly,,,,,,,,,,obviously even a DVD will not look sharp clear on it..........

I dont totally hate it but I dont seem to be quite over the moon about it either.

and mum sees and knows this and is very upset thinkin its a huge mistake and I feel like rotten shit now, I really do...I feel like I wish I wasnt here or something......

I feel shit....shit shit..............................

to think that she might be sitting there crying and feeling physically sick over my reaction...........as it might also be others' reaction too....................

:(

i dont know what to do...I said Id prob get used to it dead quickly.....but it just disappoints me that its not a sharp picture.......................its a good screen, very cinematic size

but

:(

:hug:
maddie,I can't imagine you could possibly disappoint your mum.

Our Tv is 19 centimetres...it "brings the family together" I can no longer read the writing on the screen..poor old girl.

Main thing is, talk to your mum...I'd say she loves you more than words can e're express. It will work out.:hug: beautiful girl:hug:

I'm sure you guys could return it.. talk it out and decide on one together :) :hug:

Mr. Brau, no need to be cold here. Zoo Confessionals is a place for people to talk about personal things and seek support.

Talk to her maddie!!!!! Let her know you were just surprised by the size of it and how its going to take a while to get used to.
She'll understand, don't feel like crap!

:hug:

Back
Top Bottom