I've quit fast food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
xtal said:

There was a study, they put about 10 people on a special soda diet study. Five people were to drink diet sodas for 2 weeks while the other five people drank regular soda for the same duration, and surprisingly enough, the five people that drank regular soda remained the same weight while the people on diet GAINED a couple of pounds.
Well that sucks. (Although it's worth noting that diet soda is preferable over regular soda insofar as it doesn't rot your teeth out). I drink diet soda and unsweetened ice tea. Maybe I'll drop the diet soda, too.

pub crawler said:

Well that sucks. (Although it's worth noting that diet soda is preferable over regular soda insofar as it doesn't rot your teeth out). I drink diet soda and unsweetened ice tea. Maybe I'll drop the diet soda, too.

Diet Soda No Smoking Gun

Fowler is quick to note that a study of this kind does not prove that diet soda causes obesity. More likely, she says, it shows that something linked to diet soda drinking is also linked to obesity.

"One possible part of the explanation is that people who see they are beginning to gain weight may be more likely to switch from regular to diet soda," Fowler suggests. "But despite their switching, their weight may continue to grow for other reasons. So diet soft-drink use is a marker for overweight and obesity."

Why? Nutrition expert Leslie Bonci, MPH, RD, puts it in a nutshell.

"You have to look at what's on your plate, not just what's in your glass," Bonci tells WebMD.

People often mistake diet drinks for diets, says Bonci, director of sports nutrition at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center and nutrition consultant to college and professional sports teams and to the Pittsburgh Ballet.

"A lot of people say, 'I am drinking a diet soft drink because that is better for me. But soft drinks by themselves are not the root of America's obesity problem," she says. "You can't go into a fast-food restaurant and say, 'Oh, it's OK because I had diet soda.' If you don't do anything else but switch to a diet soft drink, you are not going to lose weight."

nbcrusader said:
Eliminating fast food from your diet will give you better health and more money in your pocket.

And that basically summarizes the point of this entire experiment.

None whatsoever, actually. I'm surprised I haven't even been tempted once.

I ate at Subway, but considering I ate a Veggie Delight, I don't think it counts. Jared would have been proud!

Here's the unbelievable part: I've been drinking more water than Dr. Pepper.

Numb1075 said:
IMP13, rent Supersize Me....if you haven't seen it already. It's facinating and eye opening:ohmy:

You won't believe what that crap does to you.

i just saw this on Saturday. :ohmy:

gave up fast food 10 days ago!!! been bringing my lunch to work and cooking most of my meals. its hard work and hopefully it will be worth it. :yes:

Numb1075 said:
IMP13, rent Supersize Me....if you haven't seen it already. It's facinating and eye opening:ohmy:

You won't believe what that crap does to you.

HAH! Too funny. I saw that about three weeks ago. I initially started with an attitude of "yeah, yeah. whatever", but now...

I really don't want another fast food burger. At least NOT McDonalds.
WhataBurger... maybe.

It IS an eye opener, and perhaps an arterie one too.

I saw on First Edition yesterday where a lady ate McDonalds for 4 months breakfast, lunch, dinner stayed within 2000 calories a day and lost 30 pounds. I gave up fast food along time ago because of health reasons. I also had to give up the thing I love most--BREAD! Pasta, Rice & Potatoes are my enemies. I am much healthier and thinner (but I don't know about happier.)

fah said:
IMP13...just wondering what you consider 'Fast Food'?

Wendy's
McDonald's
Taco Bell
Taco Bueno :drool:
Whataburger
Carl's Jr
Steak and Shake
Chick-fil-a
Sonic
Burger King
Jack in the Box

and so forth...

inmyplace13 said:

Wendy's
McDonald's
Taco Bell
Taco Bueno :drool:
Whataburger
Carl's Jr
Steak and Shake
Chick-fil-a
Sonic
Burger King
Jack in the Box

and so forth...

:hmm:

Just remember that the benefit of fast food is that it is for the most part cheap. And now most of the major chains offer healthier alternatives.

I notice that there are no ice cream, pizza or Chinese food places on your list :hmm:

cooked%20hamburger.jpg

WP54001.jpg

Alright guys. Today is the last day and I can proudly say I didn't have one bite of fast food these past four weeks.

Hooray for my will power!

Want me to show you a little trick....

take your mind off that (pain).... I mean.... fast food?

.... Do ya?

(I wonder if anyone has ever even heard of teh movie, Major Payne).....

My questoin still stands though.

Anyone feeling hungry, and wants that........ remedied?
I know somethign that might help..............................

It was going to be a big, huge, digusting pile of puke, or ideally, the image of the supersize me guy throwing up

But I haven't found a good picture yet.

:pUKE:

If you still want fast food, do a google search for BARF or something. But I haven't found the perfect picture for this thread, not yet.......

Hopefully someone else will before I do, because my cpu is a little weird right now.

this one isn't so bad, can't find a larger one.

McDonalds is bad. I hate it when I have little choice but go there because of time constraints.

that is so gross!

I actually dont eat fast food, I'm a vegetarian. But, the thought of french fries is a wee bit too appealing to me

Back
Top Bottom